Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I need your prayers....

Go down 
+20
ChristinaAL
Alice
carolineingalls
pat1964
Amy
Carol
HarrisonCrosby4387
Lori
Vanesa
JW
alexczarn
LIWnut
pamh36
Rhonda
Rob
Savannah
bethandmanly
Teresa
Gin
I Love Dean
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

Number of posts : 329
Mood : I need your prayers....  Purple2

I need your prayers....  Empty
PostSubject: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 9:59 am

Hello Prairie family,

Many of you know this already and I feel it is now time to include the rest of my extended family with the news I am about to share. A week ago Tuesday I was diagnosed with stage 3 Breast Cancer. I have undergone numerous tests and the cancer is contained to just a very large tumor in my left breast. This past Monday I had surgery to have a port put in so they can start chemo this coming Friday. I will have to undergo 6 sessions of chemo (one every three weeks) followed by breast removal/reconstruction, radiation and hormone treatment.

Although this is bad news it could have been so much worse. I feel blessed that my cancer is not an aggressive one and my course of treatment will bring me down the road to full recovery. I am asking for your love, prayers and support as I follow this path put before me. I have a very positive outlook and this little hiccup will not slow me down. I love you guys... Smiley Hug

Lorrie

I need your prayers....  Dd4
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : I need your prayers....  Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:10 am

All the way Lorrie, you have us all. Our prayers are strong and work wonders.
If you haven't seen the prayer thread for Jamie Rundel here, please check it out. That little girl should not be here now. With a ton of prayer she is walking, and home.
Much love, Gin

I need your prayers....  Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : I need your prayers....  Happy010

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:13 am

Lorrie,
Thank you for sharing something so personal with all of us. I'm so thankful that the cancer is contained, and that it is not an aggressive type. Please continue to update us on how you are doing. You will be in my prayers. If you're feeling up to it on Friday, let us know how your first treatment of chemo goes. I'll be thinking about you.

I will still have to give you a hard time, however, for being a Packer fan. LOL!

I need your prayers....  TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : I need your prayers....  Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:37 am

Diva buddy, you know we're with you all the way. My prayers are always with you and your family.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
I need your prayers....  Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:38 am

My prayers are with you, too, Lorrie. {{{Hugs}}}
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : I need your prayers....  Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 12:06 pm

Lots of prayers heading your way, Lorrie!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21160

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 12:38 pm

{{{{{{LORRIE}}}}} I am here for you, pick my brain if you need to..... Smiley Hug

I need your prayers....  Rhonda10I need your prayers....  Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:22 pm

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words and prayers. Our dear friend Marilyn has been after me to ask for your help, she's seen the magic you guys can do. Of course I will keep everyone up to date on my progress, good and bad. My chest is finally starting to feel better from Monday's "port placement" surgery. I'm tired of sleeping with my bra on... sorry Fife you had to hear that. laugh3

My first round of chemo is scheduled just before the noon hour on Friday. I have to have a test on my heart first, followed up by blood work. I guess they feel they need to have my "starting vitals" so they have something to compare it to during my treatment process. My sister Patty and her son Steven (age 19) will be coming along for the education on Friday. This helps put my worry wort Mom's fears to rest and gives her a piece of mind. The doctor doesn't feel I will get sick from the chemo, but I will lose my hair.

Thanks everyone ahead of time for all the prayers coming my way...
You guys are the best,

Lorrie

Rhonda, thank you for your offer... I will definitely pick your brain if and when I have too. Smiley Hug

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:44 pm

Lorrie,
One of my mom's close friends just had a double mastectomy this past summer. She said that the chemo did not make her sick, but she didn't have much of an appetite. She lost about 20 pounds. She did lose her hair. She said that when the doctor told her that this would happen, she went right out and bought a wig. I will keep you in my prayers. Breast cancer runs in my family, so my mom, sister and I always have it in the back of our minds. I'm glad that you have such a positive attitude and a great support system from your family. That will take you a long way!!

I need your prayers....  TeresaKeeper

Last edited by Teresa on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:05 pm

Marilyn gave you good advice. My prairie prayers here have helped so many times through their prayers when I asked. You have my prayers, Lorrie. I know you will come out of this just fine. Smiley Hug

I need your prayers....  PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : I need your prayers....  Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:22 pm

Lorrie, I'm glad that you posted here. I was going to do it but wasn't sure how upset you would be at me. You are forever in my thoughts and prayers. I'd be on the next plane to GB to do whatever I could if I knew you wanted me there. Until then, I'll be here praying. My church family is also praying for you.
Love ya lots buddy!!

I need your prayers....  MarilynKeeper I need your prayers....  Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:39 pm

Thoughts and prayers with you Lorrie. Smiley Hug pray

I need your prayers....  Alexke11
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : I need your prayers....  Happy011

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 9:07 pm

I am so sorry to hear this Lorrie I feel terible about this. I will be Praying for you lorrie Keep us Posted.

I need your prayers....  Jacobk10I need your prayers....  Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:40 pm

I'll pray for you, Lorrie. But you are a winner and will pull out of it, my friend. I'm sure of it. Thumbsup Keeping a possitive attitude toward cancer is the best you can do. This fierce awful monster just HATES possitive attitudes. Smiley Hug grouphug

Vanesa.

I need your prayers....  Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:37 am

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Lorrie. I will definitely be praying for you.

I need your prayers....  Lorike10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : I need your prayers....  Happy011

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:11 pm

Prayers being said for you. I know you will get through this just fine. God bless. I need your prayers....  6472

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:27 pm

Thanks again everyone,

I made the decision as I was curling my hair this morning, that I am going to the beauty salon this weekend and getting a nice short hairstyle. Maybe a wash and go look will prolong how long I get to keep my hair. Not to mention the big clumps of long hair I won't find on my pillow or in the shower. And who knows... I have really thick hair, maybe it will just thin out. Either way I'm going for the sassy look !! Gotta stay one step ahead... grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21160

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:41 pm

Lorrie,

Not to pop your bubble...but I had VERY thick hair and needless to say, the chemo was much stronger than the hair.....I lost it, every bit of it....I did go to a wig place and find one that I liked, they took samples of my hair and sent off the 'color' it needed to be....after that, I went and had my long hair cut to the same style as the wig......it was cute and easy to take care of....but when it began to fall out, it REALLY fell out, and I will tell you right now, no matter HOW prepared you are for it, it is DEVASTATING!!!!! Our hair is our crowning glory, and to see it wash down the drain is just AWFUL!!! And needless to say, after the wig came in, it was no where near my hair color, so I didn't buy it....I just wore scarves and hats, bandanas and ball caps....never had a bad hair day for 5-6 months.....And Lorrie....YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Smiley Hug

I need your prayers....  Rhonda10I need your prayers....  Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:17 pm

Rhonda,

Thank you for your raw honesty, you didn't burst my bubble. I've heard from numerous people that they knew of people whom hadn't lost their hair. Pam's Tim is one of them, I am sure it depends on the chemo cocktail that they give you. I have prepared myself for the worse and when I see it really coming out, I am thinking of getting together with my girlfriends and having a head shaving party. Gotta spin it into a positive and get rid of it myself.

As for the whole wig thing, well that's just not me either. I will be just like you doing hats, scarves and turbans. Matter of fact I should have two really cute turbans showing up in the mail any day now. I think a woman whom is not afraid to show their battle for life and choosing the less modest route of not covering it up quite heroic. I see these women in the store from time to time and I admire their courage and spirit. My only regret is I have never told them this. Now that its me... I will take after them, great role models for me as you are my friend.

As you can see I can talk about my battle quite simple and without the "why me" approach. I've come to grips with it and I need to do this to get better, I can't be negative or it will eat me alive. People have been telling me they don't know how I do it, but you don't realize you have that inner strength until it is put to the test. I am sure we all have it inside us... it's our choice on how we use it.

Again.. I can't thank you all enough for what you've done for me so far, just being here and being able to talk about it makes the journey so much easier.

Lorrie

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:29 pm

{{{{Lorrie}}}} My friend, I am here with you for support and anything you need. I need your prayers....  Hearted
I will keep you in my prayers. I work for a law office and one of the cases we are doing is against Pfizer & Wyeth for Hormone pills prescribed that gave women breast or ovarian cancer. We have several breast cancer clients and I have heard their stories. They are all well now, they have their hair back and everything. Please keep a positive attitude as much as you can.

Lean on Rhonda for support. She's been through it and will tell you like it is but seeing her will also give you strength, she's a survivor Thumbsup
We are all here with you Lorrie, you will be in my prayers. I also have a very close friend going through cancer.

Love you friend! Smiley Hug

I need your prayers....  Horses10
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:32 pm

I Love Dean wrote:
I think a woman whom is not afraid to show their battle for life and choosing the less modest route of not covering it up quite heroic. I see these women in the store from time to time and I admire their courage and spirit. My only regret is I have never told them this. Now that its me... I will take after them, great role models for me as you are my friend.

As you can see I can talk about my battle quite simple and without the "why me" approach. I've come to grips with it and I need to do this to get better, I can't be negative or it will eat me alive. People have been telling me they don't know how I do it, but you don't realize you have that inner strength until it is put to the test. I am sure we all have it inside us... it's our choice on how we use it.

Lorrie, I LOVE your attitude! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

I need your prayers....  Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : I need your prayers....  Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 8:54 pm

Lorrie, you are a great lady.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : I need your prayers....  Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 11:03 pm

Amen to that Rob.

I am so sorry this is happening to you Lorrie. You have my prayers and my support, all the way. Please feel free to come to us to vent here, if you ever need to, OK? I know we all want to be here for you in your time of need.

You sound like one tough cookie, Lorrie. Your great attitude is inspirational. yes (((((HUGS))))) Smiley Hug

And good luck tomorrow with your first bout of chemo. Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
I need your prayers....  Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 11:26 pm

I can only echo what's already been said. You, and your positive attitude really are an inspiration, Lorrie! I need your prayers....  185146 You have lots of prayer support! And yes, please keep us posted as you're able.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Lorrie...I admire you a lot. I don't know if I could be capable of your strenght ... Smiley Hug

Vanesa.

I need your prayers....  Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  Empty

Back to top Go down

I need your prayers....
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next