Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I need your prayers....

Go down 
+20
ChristinaAL
Alice
carolineingalls
pat1964
Amy
Carol
HarrisonCrosby4387
Lori
Vanesa
JW
alexczarn
LIWnut
pamh36
Rhonda
Rob
Savannah
bethandmanly
Teresa
Gin
I Love Dean
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Love-s10

I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Ah, the halfway mark! Glad to hear it. I'm sure the weekend after chemo has to be awful. Take care Lorrie. Smiley Hug
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 12:15 am

I'm praying for you have an easy after chemo week, Lorrie. I wish you can end with all this stuff quite quickly, and have them as long-ago memories. Smiley Hug

Vanesa.

I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

Number of posts : 329
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 11:46 am

Chemo took a toll on me this past weekend, it was my worst thus far. I had nausea all weekend long but made it to work on Monday only to be greeted by my crazy a** co-worker Debbie. She was wearing a hooded sweatshirt and asked me to remove her hood. Now we gotta stare at this for the next few weeks... LOL

I need your prayers....  - Page 4 156331_1740292795548_1485527730_31839765_7285879_n

On an upnote... Today being Tuesday I am starting to feel better already and it looks like my Christmas weekend will be a great one. Merry Christmas my dear friends...

Lorrie

I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Dd4
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 12:20 pm

WOW....that takes less shampoo! Love her shirt too! I'm sure its hard to feel so bad Lorrie, glad its making a turn around for you just in time for Christmas. Have a great one!!

I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 5:26 pm

Lorrie, it's great you are surround by strong people who care so much for you. We all here are with you on this.
Smiley Hug

I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Horses10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:40 pm

You know that I love you dearly and am praying daily. I am thinking of you as you celebrate with Dave and the family. God bless.

I need your prayers....  - Page 4 MarilynKeeper I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 8:14 pm

You sure do have some pretty special co-workers! I am so glad you have so much support around you.

I need your prayers....  - Page 4 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:45 am

Your Christmas will be GREAT since you are sourrounded by people who loves you deeply and supports you. You are not fighting your battle alone, Lorrie...And you also have your friends from here who are also praying for you since we loves you so much. Smiley Hug grouphug

Vanesa, from Argentina.

I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 1:38 am

Hey Lorrie I'm SO sorry I'm only catching up with your news now! Haven't been here much over the last couple of months but wil certainly keep you very much in my thoughts and prayers. A positive outlook does wonders and you seem to have that in abundance. And surrounded by crazy co-workers will certainly keep you smiling! Love and hugs winging it's way from Ireland. xxx

I need your prayers....  - Page 4 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 1:24 am

What amAzing support you have Lorrie!! That is awesome!! And you know, I must say, you look absolutely beautiful in that picture---you are obviously finding deep strength from within, to be able to 'shine' so brightly through all of this. yes I am glad to hear that this weekend should be an 'up' weekend for you! Thumbsup Merry Christmas!! Smiley Hug
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Well Gang... It's pesty me again... I need your prayers....  - Page 4 129986

This Friday is my fourth chemo treatment. My Oncologist told me after my previous treatment that after the fourth they usually start talking surgery. So after my cell counts rebound from this round of chemo she wants to schedule a chest MRI to check the tumor size. We both can tell it's shrinking drastically, and doc feels it's now probably about half it's size. If the MRI comes back favorable we will postpone my last two chemo treatments until after my surgery and then it will be decided if those treatments are even needed. That will all depend on the pathology results of my tumor once they get it out of me. If it's mostly scar tissue the chemo might be done and if the pathologist doesn't find anything in the lymph nodes, radiation might not be needed either.

I am also looking into the option of having a bi-lateral mastectomy (both removed) to decrease my odds of the cancer coming back. My decision on this will be made in the next two weeks once I find out what my insurance is willing to cover. So as you can see things are moving along rapidly now and in the next few weeks I will know my final course of treatment.

I hope you all enjoyed the holidays with your family and friends and again I want to thank you all for your continued prayers. I will definitely keep you informed on my progress...

Lorrie

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 5:43 pm

It's fantastic to hear the tumor is shrinking. The chemotherapy is doing its job! I am hoping and praying for a best-case scenario with everything. Thanks for the update.

I need your prayers....  - Page 4 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 5:55 pm

Lorrie, I am so happy to hear that the tumor has gotten smaller. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad that your chemo treatments have gone well, and that you haven't had any major side-effects. I'm sure that the fatigue and nausea have been difficult, but at least your spirits are always up. Thank you for the update. Let us know what you decide.

I need your prayers....  - Page 4 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 12:12 am

Lorrie, I can't even imagine the difficulty of that decision. My heart goes out to you at this stressful time, and I'll be saying extra prayers for you over the course of the next two weeks, as you wrestle with this decision. I am glad there is the positive that the tumor is shrinking....thank God that the chemo is doing what it needs to be doing! ((((HUGS))))
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 12:19 am

Great news, Lorrie! Prayers and good thoughts will continue going out for you. I need your prayers....  - Page 4 70708
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 12:31 am

Great news the tumor is shrinking!

I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:20 am

I'm glad to hear that the tumor is shrinking! Cheer

I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:06 am

I'm so glad to hear that the tumor is shrinking. You continue to be in my prayers - and I'll add on a prayer that no cancer cells are found in the lymph nodes. {{{HUGS}}} And prayers for wisdom regarding your decision about surgery.

Thanks for keeping us posted!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 2:25 pm

Lorrie, I am so glad the tumor is shrinking......I knew when mine was shrinking, and knew when it began to grow again between treatments, so they changed up the treatments from every 4 weeks to every 3 weeks....talk about tough on the body......And follow-up with radiation was a must.....had to make sure all was burned out.....as far as that dreadful decision you have to make, breast cancer is in my family, and I already made my mind up years ago that if I ever got it.....they would both have to go.....that was when the kids were little and I was still married.....now.....I'm not sure what I would do, but I am praying that you are able to make the right choice and do what is best for you.....continued prayers dear friend! pray

I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Rhonda10I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 11:11 am

Well chemo day is tomorrow and I know I won't be making it online this weekend. I called my insurance company today and they are looking into my case as to if I will be covered to have them both removed. Either way as we stand I need to have the left one removed and reconstructed. By law when that is done the insurance company has to allow the patient to have the other breast cosmetically altered to match the implant. So I feel as long as they will be cutting on both of them anyways... why not remove the other one and start off with a matched pair of implants.

By doing this, it will do three things.

1. It will prevent the cancer from coming back in the healthy breast. I need your prayers....  - Page 4 775938
2. I will have a cosmetically symmetrical pair of girls. I need your prayers....  - Page 4 773783
3. As I get in my 80's both of the girls will remain perky instead of one saluting and the other drooping, for some reason they don't make an under-wire for that. I need your prayers....  - Page 4 85958

My husband is with me in whichever choice I make. He actually is pushing to have them both removed because he doesn't want to see me go through this process again. I think it's harder on him then me... He's always been my worry wort.

So with that said, I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and I will catch up with you all next week once my cell counts start rebounding.

Love ya guys,
Lorrie

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 5:03 pm

Good plan Lorrie! You keep those Doctors on their toes and we will keep praying hard.

I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:03 pm

Sounds like an excellent and wise course of action, Lorrie. We'll be praying! I need your prayers....  - Page 4 70708
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 10:38 am

Lorrie, you crack me up! Laughing Love your attitude. Thumbsup And I love your plan---it really would be for the best, I agree. I hope you get word from your insurance company soon, and that they do cover both. They certainly should, but you know insurance companies. Whistle Good luck with your chemo today.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Hang in there Lorrie.....Pardon the pun..... HeeHee I know that this is taking a toll on you, but I also know that you are a strong person and you can do this.....and most of all, SO wonderful that your husband is supporting (Wink ) you on this......It would've been nice to have had my husband behind me all the way with my illness and treatment, you are truly blessed.....

I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Rhonda10I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 8:42 pm

Aww, good luck with everything sweetie.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need your prayers....    I need your prayers....  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

I need your prayers....
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next