Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RIP Elizabeth Edwards

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

Number of posts : 329
Mood : RIP Elizabeth Edwards Purple2

RIP Elizabeth Edwards Empty
PostSubject: RIP Elizabeth Edwards   RIP Elizabeth Edwards EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Even as she lay on her deathbed surrounded by family, Elizabeth Edwards was the one providing comfort to everyone around her, family friends said today.

"As everything was with Elizabeth, she was sort of the strength for everyone around her," Christina Reynolds told "Good Morning America." Reynolds, who served as communications director for John Edwards' 2008 vice presidential bid, said "[The house] was filled with good spirits and with the people that she loved. ... She got to spend time with her family and got to comfort them."

Edwards, 61, died Tuesday after a six-year battle with breast cancer that recently took a sudden turn for the worse. She was receiving treatment in a hospital after she was admitted over Thanksgiving, but her family announced Monday that she would cease treatment after doctors said it would be "unproductive." Doctors said she was never in pain and never lost consciousness before her death.

"The thing about Elizabeth is that she was a mother to anyone she met," Jennifer Palmieri, former press secretary to John Edwards, said today. "Any room she walked into, she made it a home. Ellis Roberts, childhood friend of Wade Edwards, Elizabeth Edwards' son who died in a car accident in 1996, joked that Elizabeth Edwards knew everything that was going on with her son's friends -- for better or worse. "She didn't miss a lot," Roberts said. "The second you walked in the door, she was involved with what you were doing ... what trouble you were getting into. She just became a second mother, and as time grew on, I realized it wasn't just me or those guys. ... She became that figure for so many people across the country."

One of the most important things for Edwards, friends said, was that she had been able to prepare her children -- 28-year-old Cate, 12-year-old Emma Claire and 10-year-old Jack. "We didn't try to prettify that in any way. This is the way it is," Edwards told ABC News in 2007 of the conversation she had with her children about her cancer. "But we also said, at the same time, you know, everybody who's sitting at this table who's not going to die, raise your hand. And they realized that we're all going to die. But we are also extraordinarily honest with them because there will come a day when they're going to have to accept that cancer has, at some point, taken me."

Those difficult conversations seem to have worked, according to long-time family friend Glen Bergenfield."She's prepared us all, but obviously the children the best," Bergenfield said. "Time will tell, but as of now the kids are strong, like Elizabeth, and the kids are doing OK." Edwards also said in interviews that believing she would someday be reunited with her deceased son Wade gave her comfort about the prospect of death. "Elizabeth felt that Wade was an angel, and that one day, she would be able to see Wade again," Roberts said.

With her death, John Edwards becomes the primary caretaker for the younger children. Family friends told ABC News he plans to move back into the 28,000-square-foot mansion the couple had built and once shared.

RIP Elizabeth Edwards Dd4
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

Number of posts : 329
Mood : RIP Elizabeth Edwards Purple2

PostSubject: Re: RIP Elizabeth Edwards   RIP Elizabeth Edwards EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 2:56 pm

I admire her for her outlook on life. She never said why me and looked at the time she had left with her family as a gift and she treasured every minute of it. I think we would all be lucky to have such an angel in our lives. May she enjoy her time in heaven with her beloved son Wade.

RIP Elizabeth Edwards Dd4
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : RIP Elizabeth Edwards Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: RIP Elizabeth Edwards   RIP Elizabeth Edwards EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 2:57 pm

This is such sad news. She was a classy lady and will be missed.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : RIP Elizabeth Edwards Happy011

PostSubject: Re: RIP Elizabeth Edwards   RIP Elizabeth Edwards EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:07 pm

This is so heart breaking and unfair.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : RIP Elizabeth Edwards Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: RIP Elizabeth Edwards   RIP Elizabeth Edwards EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:49 pm

Even if I didn't know her, I can realize she was an important lady in American culture. Hope she is resting in Peace.

Vanesa.

RIP Elizabeth Edwards Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : RIP Elizabeth Edwards Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: RIP Elizabeth Edwards   RIP Elizabeth Edwards EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 2:54 pm

Very sad indeed. May she rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Elizabeth Edwards   RIP Elizabeth Edwards Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP Elizabeth Edwards
Page 1 of 1