HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird

Number of posts : 4117
Mood :

PostSubject: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:46 pm

Gilbert back on "Prairie" for musical
By Andrew Salomon

NEW YORK (Back Stage East)-Patrick Swayze and Melissa Gilbert will star as Pa and Ma in an April workshop presentation of "Prairie," a musical version of Laura Ingalls Wilder's "Little House on the Prairie."

Gilbert played middle daughter Laura Ingalls in the long-running NBC television series from 1974-83. She was recently president of the Screen Actors Guild.

Beth Henley, who won a Pulitzer for "Crimes of the Heart," wrote the book, Donna DiNovelli wrote the lyrics and Oscar winner Rachel Portman ("Emma") composed the music. Francesca Zambello will direct.

The workshop will run April 16-17 in New York and be closed to the public. The producers are hoping for a national tour in spring 2008 before it lands in New York.

"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19929
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:06 pm

I read this over on PT. Since it is closed to the public right now, I wonder if it will be a big enough hit to open and tour.......... :unsure:

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner

Number of posts : 1209
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:30 pm

I sure hope so, Rhonda, even though there's no chance of me seeing it. bawling How strange it would be to see Melissa playing Ma instead of Laura!

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Number of posts : 8654
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:42 pm

carolineingalls wrote:
How strange it would be to see Melissa playing Ma instead of Laura!

:DittoS:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler

Number of posts : 812
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:49 pm

Yeah, it would be strange to se her as "Ma". Huh?

I can't imagine anything from the show as being in musical form. Hmm. :think: Maybe if I could actually see it, but still....

Thanks for sharing.

Take care.

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:42 pm

I've read this before as well. I hope it would prove to be popular enough to land a national tour, if it came around here, I would definatley be there! I have to agree though, seeing Laura as Ma would be a tad bit strange.:unsure:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady

Number of posts : 2739

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:29 pm

How cool! It will be strange seeing her as Ma, but I think it's really cool she's choosing to be involved in a LH project so many years after. And Patrick Swayze as Pa - Love LOL.

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13370
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:43 am

How exciting!!! Oh, how I would love to see this! (I'm having trouble picturing Patrick Swayze as Pa though. Whistle ).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:43 am

That's so cool!:):)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler

Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:00 pm

I could see Melissa Gilbert doing a good job as Ma, but the problem I would have as well as others would have, is that Michael Landon did such an excellent job as Pa that I would be comparing the two....Oh wait, I know, let's get John Carter to portray Pa.... affraid

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady

Number of posts : 2739

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:56 pm

Kathleen Marie wrote:
I could see Melissa Gilbert doing a good job as Ma, but the problem I would have as well as others would have, is that Michael Landon did such an excellent job as Pa that I would be comparing the two....Oh wait, I know, let's get John Carter to portray Pa.... affraid

Didn't they try that with his character? Same thought, different name. LOL I'm just kidding, no comparison. grinsmiley

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melissa
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 561

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:35 pm

Melissa as "Ma"?! How odd. I hope that works out well. I would definitely go if it went on tour but I doubt that will happen.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   Today at 10:10 am

Back to top Go down

I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1