Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"

Go down 
+7
ChristinaAL
Debbie
LM
Carol
carolineingalls
Rhonda
Misti
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" Happy010

I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" Empty
PostSubject: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" EmptySun Mar 18, 2007 4:46 pm

Gilbert back on "Prairie" for musical
By Andrew Salomon

NEW YORK (Back Stage East)-Patrick Swayze and Melissa Gilbert will star as Pa and Ma in an April workshop presentation of "Prairie," a musical version of Laura Ingalls Wilder's "Little House on the Prairie."

Gilbert played middle daughter Laura Ingalls in the long-running NBC television series from 1974-83. She was recently president of the Screen Actors Guild.

Beth Henley, who won a Pulitzer for "Crimes of the Heart," wrote the book, Donna DiNovelli wrote the lyrics and Oscar winner Rachel Portman ("Emma") composed the music. Francesca Zambello will direct.

The workshop will run April 16-17 in New York and be closed to the public. The producers are hoping for a national tour in spring 2008 before it lands in New York.

I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" HummerI found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" MistiKeeperI found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" Bookclub5I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21163
Mood : I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" Purple2

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" EmptySun Mar 18, 2007 5:06 pm

I read this over on PT. Since it is closed to the public right now, I wonder if it will be a big enough hit to open and tour.......... :unsure:

I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" Rhonda10I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" EmptySun Mar 18, 2007 5:30 pm

I sure hope so, Rhonda, even though there's no chance of me seeing it. bawling How strange it would be to see Melissa playing Ma instead of Laura!

I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" Happy010

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" EmptySun Mar 18, 2007 7:42 pm

carolineingalls wrote:
How strange it would be to see Melissa playing Ma instead of Laura!

:DittoS:

I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" Horses10
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" Party010

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" EmptySun Mar 18, 2007 7:49 pm

Yeah, it would be strange to se her as "Ma". Huh?

I can't imagine anything from the show as being in musical form. Hmm. :think: Maybe if I could actually see it, but still....

Thanks for sharing.

Take care.

I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" EmptySun Mar 18, 2007 8:42 pm

I've read this before as well. I hope it would prove to be popular enough to land a national tour, if it came around here, I would definatley be there! I have to agree though, seeing Laura as Ma would be a tad bit strange.:unsure:
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" EmptySun Mar 18, 2007 9:29 pm

How cool! It will be strange seeing her as Ma, but I think it's really cool she's choosing to be involved in a LH project so many years after. And Patrick Swayze as Pa - Love LOL.

I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" ChristinaKeeper2 I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" EmptyMon Mar 19, 2007 9:43 am

How exciting!!! Oh, how I would love to see this! (I'm having trouble picturing Patrick Swayze as Pa though. Whistle ).
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Number of posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" EmptySun Mar 25, 2007 5:43 am

That's so cool!:):)
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" EmptyMon Mar 26, 2007 4:00 pm

I could see Melissa Gilbert doing a good job as Ma, but the problem I would have as well as others would have, is that Michael Landon did such an excellent job as Pa that I would be comparing the two....Oh wait, I know, let's get John Carter to portray Pa.... affraid

I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" EmptyMon Mar 26, 2007 10:56 pm

Kathleen Marie wrote:
I could see Melissa Gilbert doing a good job as Ma, but the problem I would have as well as others would have, is that Michael Landon did such an excellent job as Pa that I would be comparing the two....Oh wait, I know, let's get John Carter to portray Pa.... affraid

Didn't they try that with his character? Same thought, different name. LOL I'm just kidding, no comparison. grinsmiley

I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" ChristinaKeeper2 I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Melissa

Number of posts : 561

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" EmptyTue Mar 27, 2007 3:35 pm

Melissa as "Ma"?! How odd. I hope that works out well. I would definitely go if it went on tour but I doubt that will happen.

I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" MelissaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"   I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie" Empty

Back to top Go down

I found this on Yahoo: Gilbert back on "Prairie"
Page 1 of 1