Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Double Identities!

Go down 
+11
ChristinaAL
Savannah
AllieCat
carolineingalls
Rhonda
jes9
Carol
LIWnut
JW
bethandmanly
Lily
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Double Identities! - Page 2 Happy010

Double Identities! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2007 1:07 am

AllieCat wrote:
Here's another one: the boy in "Blind Man's Bluff", Jordan, who pretends to be blind, also was in Season 9's "Rage" as a love interest to one of the schoolgirls who father shoots her and his wife. I think the actor's first name is Ronnie and his last name begins with the letter "S"

Yes, I remember this. :sillySmiley:

Double Identities! - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : Double Identities! - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2007 2:27 am

bethandmanly wrote:
Elaine11 wrote:
Anyways one of the episodes we watched was the one with the Little Women play/Nellie's wig/Jeannine- what is it called again?! And the guy who plays her ma's "love interest", didn't he play young Almanzo's father in a Christmas To Remember?!

I was just looking through some of my episode guides and the man who played Mr. Mayfield in "Little Women" was Warren Vanders, not Tom Lester, the man who played Mr. Wilder in "A Christmas They Never Forgot." Funny, they looked a lot alike.

Cheryl

Hi, Cheryl. Wave

I'm glad you straightened that out, because I was looking for someone to have posted the answer before I did. Thumbsup I didn't want to repeat someone and not know it.
Anyway....
I was saying to myself - "No, that was the same guy who played Eb from Green Acres, who played the dad of Almanzo and his siblings." I couldn't think of his real name, but I knew it was him.

Have a good one!

Double Identities! - Page 2 LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 7:47 am

This is probably old news to many, but I just noticed another double identity. I just watched "Someone Please Love Me", and I thought the girl who played Samantha looked familiar. It was 20 minutes or so into the episode when I finally figured it out -- Samantha was being played by Kyle Richards, who we all know better for playing Alicia Sanderson Edwards.

Double Identities! - Page 2 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
AllieCat
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 4:20 pm

I hope this can count towards a "double identity"......Mary's blind school in Walnut Grove was first identified as the Widow Thurman's house in For My Lady and then used again as the hideout house for Jesse and Frank James in The Aftermath
Back to top Go down
AllieCat
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 6:03 pm

In the flashback episode, I Remember, I Remember, where Caroline tells the girls about when she first meets Charles (played by Matt L), the boy Caroline did not like, Harold Watson, the schoolteacher's son, also played Jeb Standish, the son of the town "owner" of Winoka, Mr Standish.

And speaking of Winoka, the actor who played the bar bouncer, Harlan, also played the part of Ralph Parker's father in the episode where Laura quits her job as the school teacher and Mrs Olseon takes over and teaches French and Art Appreciation. Was that epie called Goodbye, Mrs. Wilder?
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 6:27 pm

I discovered another one -- Leslie Landon (best known as Miss Plum) played Marge, the pregnant woman who rode with Mary and Adam when the stagecoach crashed in "The Third Miracle".

Double Identities! - Page 2 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
AllieCat
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 6:35 pm

Oh, that's right...I almost forgot about Leslie Landon being in a few episodes. She also played a plague victim in The Plague, and one of the school kids (as well as Michael Landon Jr) in The Election.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2007 12:17 am

Here's another one:

The surgeon who operated on Mary after she got kicked by the horse was also Mr. Case, who ran the orphanage in Sleepy Eye in later years. And the nurse who cared for Mary also worked in the court house in Sleepy Eye.
Betty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2007 3:41 pm

Also (I hope this hasn't already been mentioned):

The man who played Frank James in "The Aftermath" played the part of the guy who kind of liked Laura in the episode where she almost has her book published.
Betty
Back to top Go down
rana
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
rana

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2007 4:39 pm

AllieCat wrote:
Oh, that's right...I almost forgot about Leslie Landon being in a few episodes. She also played a plague victim in The Plague, and one of the school kids (as well as Michael Landon Jr) in The Election.

And wasn't she also to be seen in "A Wiser Heart" as a cookmaid in this kitchen, where Laura had to wash all these dishes?

Double Identities! - Page 2 Ranake10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Double Identities! - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2007 6:03 am

rana wrote:
AllieCat wrote:

And wasn't she also to be seen in "A Wiser Heart" as a cookmaid in this kitchen, where Laura had to wash all these dishes?

Leslie was in the episode The Election. She is the girl who Nellie gives candy to so she will be nominated. Brother Michael Jr is the boy who nominates Mary.

Sister Cheryl Landon was the little girl who appeared in the modern-times segments of two shows. She runs into the library and looks for the LHOP book, sits down and begins to read.

Double Identities! - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Double Identities! - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 10:37 am

I just found another one that I don't think has been mentioned!

I was watching "Seven Alone" (the movie with the kid that always plays the part of a dumb kid :b ), and there was one guy in the movie that I knew had been in another movie. I couldn't place it, but told my mother that I thought he was a preacher in whatever he was in. Once the movie was done, we looked him up on IMDb and discovered that he was in two LHotP episodes.
He was Dandy Davis in "To See the World" and Preacher Bob in "Faraway Cry". :)

Double Identities! - Page 2 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 11:18 am

I just happened to notice one this morning. We were watching "Fred," from season 3, and the farmer at the beginning, who owns Fred, is none other than Judd Larrabee, who appears in later episodes of season 6. His character in Fred is far more likeable than his character of Judd Larrabee. I had never noticed this one before.

Double Identities! - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : Double Identities! - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 1:57 pm

carolineingalls wrote:
The guy who played Ebeneezer Sprague also played one of the farmers in Money Crop from Season 1.

Actually, he was the man that found the runaway horses and was keeping them in his barn. Charles came by and asked if he had seen a man and wagon come through and he said no, then later said he had the horses..........But, you are right that it is the man who later on is Ebeneezer Sprague...... Wink

Double Identities! - Page 2 Rhonda10Double Identities! - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 2:19 pm

Here's the Where's Waldo of LH:

Jack Lilley (that's his real name). He's a man with dark, thick hair and a thick mustache. He's often seen as the stage driver, but he also appears all over the place as an extra - random townspeople parts, eating in Nellie's restaurant, etc.

My boyfriend Eric pointed him out to me in The King Is Dead when he had like 5 close-ups cheering during a fight scene (and he's credited as "Jack" in this episode). Eric said, "That guy is in the show constantly! Who is he related to?" :-)

On IMDB.com, he is credited as a Stunt Coordinator in addition to 17 bit parts (usually stage driver). But he is in WAY more than 17 episodes. Once you notice the guy, you never stop seeing him around. My guess is that he was employed full-time as Stunt Coordinator and then they'd constantly throw him in as an extra whenever needed. He's the Where's Waldo of LHOTP. Look for him! :-)

& that's funny about Larrabee being in "Fred," since it's not just the same actor but the same character. He's a jerk later on!
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 10:27 am

Bethers, I love looking for Jack Lilley in episodes! It's so neat the episodes that he can be spotted in.
I think the first time he's seen is in Country Girls. He's seen in the school house.

My brother and I like to see who can spot him first in an episode. :)

I *think* that Jack Lilley was a really good friend of Michael Landon, but I'm not certain.

Double Identities! - Page 2 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com

PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 11:42 pm

Very funny, Prairie Dweller! All the way back to Country Girls, huh? So he's pretty much there from start to finish of the series then. Now that I realize he's always poppnig up, I can't believe it didn't register in my head sooner!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Double Identities!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2