Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tragic loss---prayers needed

Go down 
+10
ChristinaAL
Vanesa
JW
pamh36
Gin
alexczarn
Teresa
bethandmanly
Savannah
Amy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 Love-s10

Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tragic loss---prayers needed   Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:12 pm

I know. No I promise this is it....I wanted to share this one I hadn't seen before. It's in memory of all three kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2dhS1KoFTI
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Tragic loss---prayers needed   Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:18 pm

Very touching. How old was the driver? Was he also underage?

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Tragic loss---prayers needed   Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:35 pm

Only 17 years old. My son and I watched the newsvideo last night, that showed him being charged. He hung his head so low at the reading of each of his friend's names whose deaths he is now being charged with. I kind of fell to pieces watching it, and my son said, "Mom, he made a choice...there are consequences", and I told him that of course I agree with that, as there should be. But, I watched that with a 'mother's heart', something I don't think my son can understand. They showed his mom sitting in the courtroom, crying as they read the charges against her son. Just thinking of how this boy's negligent decision has turned the lives upside down for all of these families, including his own, is devastating to think about.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Tragic loss---prayers needed   Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:15 pm

The worst part is that the poor kid is going to have to live with his actions for the rest of his life. He's got one tough road ahead of him and will need a lot of prayers.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Tragic loss---prayers needed   Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:37 am

Yeah...this is something he'll never be able to 'escape'. I am definitely praying....I can't imagine the trauma after something like this. No
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Tragic loss---prayers needed   Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 8:02 pm

He will need alot of help. Guilt is so hard to deal with.

Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766
Mood : Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Tragic loss---prayers needed   Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 10:48 pm

Those video tributes were so beautiful. I watched them, as you said Amy, with a mother's heart Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 18022 .

I will be praying for all the families. Such a tragic loss of three beautiful kids.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Tragic loss---prayers needed   Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:25 am

bethandmanly wrote:
The worst part is that the poor kid is going to have to live with his actions for the rest of his life. He's got one tough road ahead of him and will need a lot of prayers.

I'll pray for him. Even if he is not declared guilty he must live the rest of his days charging the heavy burden of his three frinds deaths. Nothing more awful, horrible, unthinkeable than this. No

Vanesa.

Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Tragic loss---prayers needed   Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:40 am

Thank you for the continued prayers ladies. I will be seeing the family (most likely) in church today....that won't be easy for them I'm sure. I'm hoping that they turn to God for comfort. When I had my miscarriage, I was angry at God for quite awhile, and didn't come to terms with that loss for a long time. It certainly was easier to cope with once I 'forgave' God and accepted that He knew what was best for my baby.

Vanesa, I really don't think I can think of anything worse than what this kid is going to be walking around with for the rest of his life either. He will be punishing himself from here on out. We all know he wishes he could go back and 'do over'. If only. No
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Tragic loss---prayers needed   Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:39 pm

God is there for all who will call of His name. Praying for Holly's family and that they can lean on God for strength. Amy, thanks for being such a good friend and a wonderful witness for the Lord to this family. May you be richly blessed.

Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Tragic loss---prayers needed   Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:20 pm

Aw Marilyn, thank you. That means so very much to me. loveheart

Church was tough today. I thought I'd be fine, I really did. I had the joy of meeting Savannah yesterday, and I really thought I was in a good frame of mind to sit through mass and just pray and be mindful of Holly and her friends' deaths, and her friends and family. I did ok, until the very end. The final two songs were "Blessed are They" and "The Bread of Life" (I Will Raise You Up). I get emotional singing songs like that anyway, so I knew it was going to be next to impossible. And it was...I tried, but I was a weepy mess. This is still so raw, and grief is a strange thing.....just when you think you've reached 'acceptance mode', it reaches up and reminds you that you're not there yet. But mass was SO good for me, and I could feel God with me and His loving arms around me, comforting me. I know God is good, and I know that He is caring for these kids now.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Tragic loss---prayers needed   Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:40 pm

{{{Amy}}} I don't know quite what to say - but I'm praying for you and for the families of those who died. I'm so glad that you were able to find comfort at mass today. There's nothing like the comfort that speaks directly to your soul.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Tragic loss---prayers needed   Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:25 pm

Thank you Savannah, and thank you for your hugs too. I appreciate them, and your prayers, more than you know.

Savannah wrote:
I'm so glad that you were able to find comfort at mass today. There's nothing like the comfort that speaks directly to your soul.

You couldn't have said that any better. yes Thanks again. Smiley Hug

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Tragic loss---prayers needed   Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 12:21 am

I've prayed for Holly, her two friends and her family today at church. I also get emotional when doing so...I don't know exactly why. Maybe for Holly and her friends were so young... No But I felt somewhat relieved after my praying.

Vanesa.

Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Tragic loss---prayers needed   Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 1:44 am

Amy that video brought tears to my eyes i guess maybe it was the song i don't know,
i will keep the family in my Prayers I know what you mean about that the Hymns getting you teary Eyed does the same to me ever since my brother pass away there are a couple of songs i just can't bear listing to

Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 Jacobk10Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Tragic loss---prayers needed   Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:26 am

Vanesa wrote:
I've prayed for Holly, her two friends and her family today at church. I also get emotional when doing so...I don't know exactly why. Maybe for Holly and her friends were so young... No But I felt somewhat relieved after my praying.

Vanesa.

I know exactly what you mean Vanesa. Smiley Hug

JW wrote:
Amy that video brought tears to my eyes i guess maybe it was the song i don't know,
i will keep the family in my Prayers I know what you mean about that the Hymns getting you teary Eyed does the same to me ever since my brother pass away there are a couple of songs i just can't bear listing to

Your brother was so young too and I have no doubt it's still so difficult to come to grips with this loss. No And yes, music is just such a powerful thing...lyrics alone are powerful, but set to music they can make an already weepy heart overflow. Make no mistake though, as difficult as it was to hear and sing those song, they did bring me great comfort and peace. yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tragic loss---prayers needed   Tragic loss---prayers needed - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tragic loss---prayers needed
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2