HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

"Dear Mee-Maw"---My Poem To My Dear Grandmother

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 1872
Mood :

PostSubject: "Dear Mee-Maw"---My Poem To My Dear Grandmother   Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:10 am

This is the poem I wrote as my Grandmother was dying & after she died last year. After nearly a whole year of being hidden in a desk drawer, I found the poem....I thought for the frist time I would share.

Written: 2/5/10---2/7/10

Dear Mee-Maw,

I just want you to know what all I have learned from you in the short 15 years I have known you...

I have learned to be very independent but very dependent on Jesus.

I have learned to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I have learned to be sweet, kind, loving, selfless, giving, & gentle to people even if they are not to you.

I have learned never to complain, but always speak the postive & best.

I have learned to have a bright & sunny outlook on life.

I have learned to always think the very best of others & never judge a book by it's cover.

I have learned to be patient & wait upon the Lord.

I have learned to honor thy Father & thy Mother, for it will bring you long life.

I have learned to always extend a helping & caring hand when a loved one, friend, or even a stranger needs help.

I have learned to be cheerful & always try to bring a smile to a sad face or a light hearted laugh to the depressed one.

I have learned that laughter truly is the best medcine one can take.

Yes, I have learned SO many things from you, but the one main thing I have learned from you is to ALWAYS put your trust in the Lord no matter what because He will never fail you or let you down.

I am so very blessed to have had a Grandmother who practiced these things ever single day & I am so very proud and honored to have your beautiful name, "Julia Virginia".........

I love you Mee-Maw----------more than you will ever know...

Love,

Julia Virginia

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52508
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "Dear Mee-Maw"---My Poem To My Dear Grandmother   Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:31 am

Beautiful, Julia. I'm sure your Grandmother is looking down on you with incredible love and pride.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53814
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "Dear Mee-Maw"---My Poem To My Dear Grandmother   Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:47 am

That was beautiful, Julia. Your Mee-Maw sounds like an amazing lady. Thank you for sharing your poem with us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5919
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "Dear Mee-Maw"---My Poem To My Dear Grandmother   Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:37 pm

VERY nice poem coming from a VERY nice girl. I know she was so proud of you!

It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 1872
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "Dear Mee-Maw"---My Poem To My Dear Grandmother   Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:42 pm

Thank you all. She was the best example of Jesus to me. bawling

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 23099
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "Dear Mee-Maw"---My Poem To My Dear Grandmother   Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:02 pm

Saw this on Facebook, but this is a fabulous and beautiful poem Julia. yesss

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Dear Mee-Maw"---My Poem To My Dear Grandmother   Today at 10:42 am

Back to top Go down

"Dear Mee-Maw"---My Poem To My Dear Grandmother
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1