HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  
Share | 

Peggy Rea (Rose from the Waltons)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Number of posts: 8952
Mood:

PostSubject: Peggy Rea (Rose from the Waltons)   Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:01 pm

Peggy Rea passed away on Feb 5th 2011 I only found out yesterday I really like her as Rose on the Waltons and also as Lulu on the Dukes of Hazzard

Peggy Rea

Character actress on 'The Waltons,' 'Dukes of Hazzard'

Peggy Rea, 89, a hearty character actress best known for her TV roles on "The Waltons," "The Dukes of Hazzard" and "Grace Under Fire," died Feb. 5, said the Santa Barbara Cemetery Assn. She died at her Toluca Lake home from complications of heart failure.

Born March 31, 1921, in Los Angeles, Rea left UCLA to attend business school.

While a production secretary at MGM in the 1940s, she acted in small theater productions at night. Her first major role was in a touring production of "A Streetcar Named Desire" in 1947, and she later appeared in the play on Broadway.

After debuting on TV in 1953 in "I Love Lucy," Rea went on to appear in more than 70 television projects. Her film credits include "7 Faces of Dr. Lao" (1964) and "In Country" (1989).

In the late 1970s and early '80s, she played Olivia Walton's cousin Rose Burton on "The Waltons" and Boss Hogg's wife, Lulu, on "The Dukes of Hazzard." On "Grace Under Fire," she portrayed the title character's mother-in-law from 1995 to 1998.

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Number of posts: 6855
Mood:

PostSubject: Re: Peggy Rea (Rose from the Waltons)   Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:57 pm

Oh, wow. That's too bad.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts: 5766
Mood:

PostSubject: Re: Peggy Rea (Rose from the Waltons)   Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:32 pm

89 is nothing to sneeze at. She outlived Boss Hogg (Sowell Brooke) by alot of years. LOVED her in any role she played. I think cousin Rose on the Waltons was my favorite. Her love story with Stanley was beautifully done.
Peggy's talent will be missed.

It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Peggy Rea (Rose from the Waltons)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1