Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Massive earthquake rocks Japan

Go down 
+9
alexczarn
Carol
Amy
bethandmanly
Krissy
Savannah
pamh36
Gin
Rob
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Massive earthquake rocks Japan Goodsi10

Massive earthquake rocks Japan Empty
PostSubject: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 8:17 am

I'm sure everyone has heard about this by now...

Japan Rocked by 8.9 Quake
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Massive earthquake rocks Japan Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 8:27 am

Boy....this is happening way to often now. I'm staying in Texas....at least til Hurricanes come my way.

Massive earthquake rocks Japan Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:01 am

This is horrible. Blue

Massive earthquake rocks Japan PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Massive earthquake rocks Japan Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Massive earthquake rocks Japan Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:01 am

Massive earthquake rocks Japan 18022 So heartbreaking. The 8.9 that they had is 160 times stronger than the earthquake that recently hit Christchurch, New Zealand. And Japan has already had 13 aftershock quakes over magnitude 6, and one 7.1 magnitude. No
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Massive earthquake rocks Japan Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:41 am

Blue That's really sad..........So horrible. Blue

& it may hit in canada..(vancover BC) Blue glad i did't live in that part.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Massive earthquake rocks Japan Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:41 am

How tragic. Mother Nature is tough. I can't imagine coping with something like this.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:40 am

This is just devastating. No I feel so sorry for all of these people. Just imagine the frantic families searching for members. I can't imagine. And to think, this happened at somewhere around the 2:00am hour for them! Can you imagine waking up to that?! Massive earthquake rocks Japan 244441 Praying hard.....

Carol, you are far from the coast, correct?
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:44 pm

Amy wrote:
Carol, you are far from the coast, correct?

Yes, I'm 2 1/2 hours in from the Coast. All the Beaches are closed.

This is so sad. I hear they are evacuating thousands of people near Nuke plants... Blue

Massive earthquake rocks Japan Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:09 pm

They are also evacuating people in the low-lying areas of Oregon. One of the Ingalls ladies lives in Oregon, but not sure where.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 3:18 pm

Magnitude 6.6 earthquake strikes central Japan, causing Tokyo buildings to sway.

thud

Also, some radiation is leaking from some nuclear plants in Japan...

I feel like all this movement might wake up California's big one....

scary...

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 3:26 pm

Carol wrote:
I feel like all this movement might wake up California's big one....

scary...

I was thinking the same thing actually Carol. Have they mentioned this, if they're worried at all?
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 3:28 pm

No, haven't heard anything like that yet.

37 boats crashed in Crescent City, CA because of the waves...

Also... a 4.5 Earthquake hit Hawaii as well...

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 3:43 pm

I have an 88 yr old great uncle that lives in California. Not sure where. He has kids there so I'm pretty sure he's covered. They usually come to Arkansas for a visit about now, so maybe they will do that.

I cant help but always think about not only the living but the folks in cemeteries when things like this happens. Losing a loved one THAT way would hurt too.

Massive earthquake rocks Japan Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 4:24 pm

Yikes affraid Noo

7th most powerful earthquake ever recorded

Massive earthquake rocks Japan Alexke11
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 4:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 6:55 pm

UNBELIEVABLE! Ranting

A 25-year-old man who was washed out to sea while trying to photograph the tsunami in northern California was confirmed dead Friday, according to Del Norte, California, authorities

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:05 pm

Blue so sad bawling

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Massive earthquake rocks Japan Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 8:54 pm

No This is So sad i feel really sorry for all these people i will keep them in my prayers

Massive earthquake rocks Japan Jacobk10Massive earthquake rocks Japan Jacob210
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:15 pm

No

Over 1000 people confirmed dead.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:28 am

Yes...And it seems that it could be more victims...I will be praying for them. How awful! I saw the images in TV news and they are...just horrible. No

As far as I could know, Tsunami is heading to the Pacific coast of American Continent... Blue banghead

Vanesa.

Massive earthquake rocks Japan Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:02 am

Carol wrote:
UNBELIEVABLE! Massive earthquake rocks Japan 954985

A 25-year-old man who was washed out to sea while trying to photograph the tsunami in northern California was confirmed dead Friday, according to Del Norte, California, authorities

Wow. I can understand the drive/desire to get to the scene to photograph it, but there is a very REAL reason why the authorities (and the president) insisted on evacuation. It really irked me to see the coverage of the people not heeding the warnings, walking around on the beaches and even swimming in the ocean! Massive earthquake rocks Japan 279394

Vanesa wrote:
Yes...And it seems that it could be more victims...I will be praying for them. How awful! I saw the images in TV news and they are...just horrible. No

As far as I could know, Tsunami is heading to the Pacific coast of American Continent... Massive earthquake rocks Japan 488555 Massive earthquake rocks Japan 718413

Vanesa.

Someone was saying on CNN that there is no way we can fathom this death toll....it's just too impossible for us to wrap our human brains around. They said that no one ever expected that IF a tsunami ever hit, that it would come THIS far in....6 miles.

I just hope that the people who are stranded can get help....the Japanese are resourceful and 'prepared' people, but this is a LOT of stranded people. I can't help but think of Hurricane Katrina and the healthy uninjured people who died days after just because they couldn't get the basics to survive. I'll be praying for the dead and their families as I go to bed tonight, but I'll especially be praying for those who are injured or missing, and who are stranded, that they may get help quickly.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:47 am

I hope the people will get saved!!

Last edited by sweetkrissy2011 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:03 am

Don't believe it. The end of the history (not of the world) is never announced. It could be people interested in having us scared, believing the world would end in 2012. But the fact is that we DON'T know WHY and HOW history would end.

Vanesa.

Massive earthquake rocks Japan Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:44 pm

I've been following the news and feel bad for the people there in Japan. So much devastation and they have had more than 100 aftershocks with another possible big one... not only that... now there is the nuclear plant problems and some people having to wear masks or wet towels on their heads so they don't get contaminated.

Also, the poor animals... Here is one of a Panda who is hugging a police officer's legs... because it's so frightened

Massive earthquake rocks Japan Japan__s_disaster_by_natsueiji-d3bi5za

Here is a dog getting checked for radiation levels...

Massive earthquake rocks Japan -8402b63518ac7852

It's just sad to see the whole tragedy in Japan... for the people, animals and loss of homes, etc...

Massive earthquake rocks Japan Article-1365318-0d92e346000005dc-921_964x572

Massive earthquake rocks Japan 12japan-cnd-span4-articleLarge

Massive earthquake rocks Japan 97uw42

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:18 pm

i don't belive it either about world ending.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Massive earthquake rocks Japan   Massive earthquake rocks Japan Empty

Back to top Go down

Massive earthquake rocks Japan
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next