Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

poor Caroline

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
laurasangel
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
laurasangel

Number of posts : 13
Mood : poor Caroline 5_sad10

poor Caroline Empty
PostSubject: poor Caroline   poor Caroline EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 8:08 am

losing her Pa at such a tender, i think it left her with emotional and mental scars.

I mean well
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : poor Caroline Love-s10

poor Caroline Empty
PostSubject: Re: poor Caroline   poor Caroline EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:18 pm

I agree. Her poor mother, Charlotte was left to raise a family. It was so good for the whole family when Fredrick Holbrook came along. No wonder Caroline name baby Feddie after him.

poor Caroline Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : poor Caroline Bokmal10

poor Caroline Empty
PostSubject: Re: poor Caroline   poor Caroline EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:00 am

Of course it must have been hard for her to loss her Pa when she was a girl. But children were used - as cruel as this word could sound - to loss parents and maybe two or three of their sibling when they were little. And they seemed not to have very serious mental damages... scratchead

Vanesa.

poor Caroline Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 538

poor Caroline Empty
PostSubject: Re: poor Caroline   poor Caroline EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:10 pm

Even today in many parts of the world, so many children lose so many family members at young ages. One difference, I think, compared with a lot of western countries, is that the extended family typically is more important. So the child's whole life is not necessarily centered around mommy or daddy, but around the whole extended family, perhaps including uncles and aunties, of which there may be many. Not saying that the death of a parent does not affect them, but I do wonder if it is harder in places where the nuclear family is much more the focus of family life.
Back to top Go down
laurasangel
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
laurasangel

Number of posts : 13
Mood : poor Caroline 5_sad10

poor Caroline Empty
PostSubject: Re: poor Caroline   poor Caroline EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:39 am

Time passes by directed by gravity lines and the world may be different back then but the innocence and fragility of a child is universal to every age of mankind, no normal child could ever possibly accept how easily we can die. thanks for understanding Gin

"she shall be free and welcome to explore the Galaxy i have reclaimed for our species" Imperator Jeremy on the fate of Laura Ingalls Wilder

"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power, nothing else matters" Nietzsche
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

poor Caroline Empty
PostSubject: Re: poor Caroline   poor Caroline Empty

Back to top Go down

poor Caroline
Page 1 of 1