Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christmas Memories

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Christmas Memories Bokmal10

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 9:16 pm

I uploaded a new fan fiction story to fanfiction.net that takes place during Season 7. It's too long to post here, but it is set on Christmas Eve. The residents of Walnut Grove get stranded at Nellie's hotel and share some favorite memories.

Here's an excerpt:

Mr. Oleson stood and walked over to Percival, patting him on the back. "Where were we? Oh, yes, who would like to share a story of Christmas past?"

In the corner, the voices of a husband and wife rose in discord. The woman was nudging him forward as he tried to convince her he wanted to do anything but what she wanted him to do.

"They hear from me all the time," he said.

"Telling them a story from your childhood will mean so much more than a sermon," she replied.

As they came to stand near one of the two turned up kerosene lamps, Anna and Reverend Alden were lit enough for everyone to see them. His head shook and his hands were raised in protest. One of her hands patted his chest. Her wide smile danced along with the sparkle in her eyes.

Nels waved him over. "We would love to hear a story from you, Reverend."

Reverend Alden shrugged. "I can't guarantee it will be any more engaging than one of my sermons."

The crowd laughed. Some people walked about getting a sandwich or a cup of coffee before settling in to listen.

Reverend Alden felt a bit strange without his pulpit. He didn't seem to know what to do with his arms, so he stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"As some of you know, my father was a minister. While I could never hope to be as good a speaker as he, whatever skills I have in sharing the Word of God came from him."

"We love you, Reverend," said a man from the back of the room.

Reverend Alden's lips curled into a smile. "Thank you." He pulled his hands out of his pockets and wiped them on his black jacket.

"I was at the seminary when I received a wire that my father was gravely ill. School was to be let out at the end of the week for Christmas, but my mother asked that I return home immediately. I knew then that my father couldn't have much time left."

Reverend Alden lowered his head. He breathed deeply and a few moments passed before he continued. "I took the first stage out of town, but I was a few days away. I spent most of that time praying I would make it home before my father passed on."

People around the room held their loved ones a little tighter.

"When I finally arrived in town, I ran all the way home. My mother met me at the door. It was as if she had aged ten years since I went away. She had cared for my father for months. I almost didn't go to the seminary because I didn't want to leave her to care for him alone, but she insisted I answer God's call to the ministry. She told me that it would do my father good to see his only son follow in his footsteps.

"Standing in front of her, seeing her hair scattered about her face in a loose bun, her shoulders bent from exhaustion, I was sure I never should have left.

She embraced me and said I should go see my father right away."

You can find the entire story at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6821882/1/S7_Christmas_Memories

I hope you enjoy it.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:44 am

Cheryl:

I read the whole story and I'm speechless. The only thing I could do is to repeat Nellie's words in your tale about Laura being gifted by using word in a magic way. You sure can write fiction, girl! And in a way I'll never be able to. greenS

Your Christmas story is one of these I should have loved to watch in LHOTP. This show must have had you a s a writer!

Vanesa.

Christmas Memories Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:44 am

Aw, Vanesa you're making me Ooops I'm so glad you liked it. I've been working on it for two years. I knew what I wanted to do, but just couldn't find the time for it. Slowly it came along, and I was determined another weekend wouldn't pass without me getting it done.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:45 am

I TRULY liked your story, and wish I was so gifted as you are to writing fiction. Your story was a real delight for the eyes and the soul.

Vanesa. Thumbsup

Christmas Memories Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Christmas Memories Happy010

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:37 am

A wonderful story Cheryl!! I really enjoyed it! Thumbsup Applause

Christmas Memories Alexke11
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:51 am

Thanks guys. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:56 pm

What a great story, Cheryl! It makes me wish it was Christmas time right now after reading it. Thank you for sharing! Smile

Christmas Memories ChristinaKeeper2 Christmas Memories 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:37 am

Thanks Christina. I had hoped to have it done for Christmas, but with the book coming out and all, that didn't happen.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Memories
Page 1 of 1