HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Rage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5919
Mood :

PostSubject: Rage   Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:04 am

I've been on a LH marathon today and Rage was one eppy I watched. Two things sort of rubbed me wrong that I don't think were very believable. First: Rose was obviously a doll at times. I understand they couldn't use the real baby all of the time, but couldn't they make it look a bit more realistic???
Then the part where Hester Sue and Elizabeth's beau came by Laura's to tell her that she was going to be alright. He mentions to Hester Sue that the lamps are still burning but they aren't answering .....no one just left lamps burning right? Laura then sees them driving off, yells a yells for them but they don't hear her. They should have heard her.....
I do like this episode because it shows that mental illness also happend back then. It did make me think of My Ellen also....

It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Number of posts : 7230
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Rage   Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:45 am

This is one of my favorite episodes from Season 9. I've written a couple of fan fics surrounding what happened. Actually one of them ties this episode back to My Ellen. I think I'll have to read them again. Smile

It always drives me crazy when you can tell the babies aren't real. I don't know why, but it does.

I doubt anyone ever left lamps burning. Fire hazard and all. And yes, despite the wind you would think they would have heard Laura screaming at the top of her lungs.

I wish they would have shown Almanzo and Jenny reuniting with Laura before the funeral scene. Talk about drama.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5919
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Rage   Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:46 pm

I agree about not showing Jenny and Almonzo. It would have been an awesome thing to see he realize Mr. Stark had his wife and child.

It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Number of posts : 7230
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Rage   Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:44 pm

I just can't imagine how they left it out. If you want to read those fan fics I wrote that reunites Laura, Jenny, and Almanzo, you can find it at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3577681/1/33_Safe_Again

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 3349
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Rage   Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:42 pm

This was okay episode. I could tell, some scenes they used a doll. I thought, they we're going show Jenny telling Almanzo, Edwards, Mr. carter, & the other guy. That Thomas was in their house. Laura is brave young lady.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Rage   Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:12 pm

Yeah, it's quite obvious in one of the scenes there's a doll's leg dangling from under the blanket. I also wondered why in the scene where Jenny finds Almanzo, Isaiah, and John that there is no dialog. You'd think Jenny would scream under her breath, someone would tell her to slow down, etc. This is one of the better episodes of season 9, although it does have some of the elements of "My Ellen".

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37837
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Rage   Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:20 pm

This was a good episode. I never noticed the doll instead of the real baby. This was such a scarey episode.You could tell how scared she must have been.But she remained kind of calm.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner

Number of posts : 1234
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Rage   Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:47 pm

I,too wished that had shown Jenny getting to Almanzo to tell him that Mr.Stark was at the house and he was in a rage believing Laura and Jenny to be his wife and daughter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1014

PostSubject: Re: Rage   Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:05 am

All the shows with Rose, it's obvious when they change to a doll..even when she had her son. The "package" in the blanket is so small and rectangle shaped it seems at times. At church once it switched from this tiny bundle to the "real" shots and back again. Even back then they had realistic baby dolls and real size dolls, I don't know why they did that either.

This was a bit like "My Ellen" showing a complete mental breakdown but I remember my daughters going "What!?" when you hear the gunshots...that was a bit scary and if they died, I would think way over the top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler

Number of posts : 676
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Rage   Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:34 am

yes I agree.

But I found the girl a bit annoying.

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rage   Today at 2:17 pm

Back to top Go down

Rage
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1