Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Work Issues

Go down 
+7
Amy
HarrisonCrosby4387
amyk
Rhonda
Vanesa
bethandmanly
ChristinaAL
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:09 pm

As some of you may remember, this time last year I was stuck in a job that literally was making my sick from all the stress and pressure on me, and I was counting down the days til I could return to my old office. It'll be a year in April that I've been back there, and lately, it's just been one thing after another - the company was making cutbacks, as so many are in this economy, and I was expected to do more work in less time (no more overtime allowed), and then I was promoted to a new position about 2 months ago, where it seemed like I had less pressure, and more time to work on things, so I was feeling positive about it, then another employee quit last week. So now, I am expected to train with her a few hours a day to learn her functions (that I've never done before), for the remaining week that she will be there, on top of my other responsibilities, then train the replacement (once they hire someone). I'm feeling very frustrated and like I'm not respected at all in this company anymore - that I'm just being moved wherever I'm needed, in all different departments, because they feel like they can since I was so miserable at the other office. It's no where near as bad as that job, but I'm feeling pretty low about it right now - I just got the news today. If you could say a prayer for me, that I can learn what I have to do for this new "temporary" job, and just get through day-to-day, I'd appreciate it. Hopefully, I'll feel better after tomorrow after I get a better perspective about what I'm going to have to do, but right now I'm just really nervous. Thank you {{hugs}}

Work Issues ChristinaKeeper2 Work Issues 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Work Issues Bokmal10

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:38 pm

I'm sorry to hear about this, Christina. I bet a lot of people share your woes these days, but it sure doesn't make it any easier to cope with. The most important thing to remember is that you're only one person and can only do so much. What doesn't get done, just doesn't get done. Easier said than done. I've been there. But, I also know how job stress can ruin so much of your personal life, and it's just not worth.

I'll be thinking of you and praying that God will provide you peace during this transition.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:36 am

bethandmanly wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about this, Christina. I bet a lot of people share your woes these days, but it sure doesn't make it any easier to cope with. The most important thing to remember is that you're only one person and can only do so much. What doesn't get done, just doesn't get done. Easier said than done. I've been there. But, I also know how job stress can ruin so much of your personal life, and it's just not worth.

I'll be thinking of you and praying that God will provide you peace during this transition.

Cheryl is right. You cannot do more job than the one intended for just one person. I'll be praying for you, Christina, because I understand how bad you must be feeling right now. When things are not good at job one just feels so miserable! No

Vanesa.

Work Issues Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : Work Issues Purple2

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:22 pm

So sorry Christina.....I pray things get better for you.....but in this economy, be glad you have a job.....this April will be 2 years that I have not had one......God will provide and it takes patience to wait for it.....Praying for you! Smiley Hug

Work Issues Rhonda10Work Issues Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 3:10 pm

I pray that God will encourage you and enable you to do whatever He wants you to do at her workplace with joy....and that you can be content knowing that He is pleased with your work.
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Work Issues Happy011

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 9:34 pm

Welcome to my world girl. We lost about 3 of our workers and are terribly short staffed. Plus we have call offs every dag on day. The work load gets heavy then drops. It has been so frustrating for all of us. And it always seems like they put me on the schedule when it's the least amount of people. Hopefully things will get better for you and I. Smiley Hug

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 8:46 pm

Thank you all for your prayers, I appreciate all of you very much. I will be praying for those of you dealing with work/employment issues too, things are not good out there and it doesn't seem like there are many options. My mother always tells me to "leave work at work", easier said than done when work is the place where a large portion of the day is spent, but I'm trying to take it one day at a time, but praying in the morning on my way to work makes things more manageable. {{hugs}} Thanks again.

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Work Issues Love-s10

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 9:37 pm

Christina, I am so sorry you're going through this job stress again. It sounds like you have a good approach though on how to deal with it. Hang in there kiddo, and I'll certainly be praying for you! Keep in touch with us on how things are going. (((HUGS)))
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : Work Issues Innoce10

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 9:46 pm

Stay strong Miss Christina. Positive thoughts going out to you. Its always darkest before the dawn. But the sun does rise.

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Work Issues Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Work Issues Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Work Issues Happy010

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 10:01 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that work is so stressful for you again, Christina. You'll be in my prayers. {{{Hugs}}}
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Work Issues Headac10

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 10:03 pm

hope things get better

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:39 pm

Found out this week that someone new has been hired, so hopefully, I'll only be trying to figure out this job for a little while longer. I know the prayers have been helping, because I'm learning to take things one step at a time instead of getting overwhelmed and nervous, I have been able to work through things for the most part. I'll be glad to hand this off to someone else though! I've also been looking for available jobs in my area...doesn't seem like much out there but I figure it doesn't hurt to look. Thank you again {{hugs}}

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:17 am

I'm glad to hear things are doing quite well for you, Christina. I'll keep praying for you could find a good and decent job in your area. Smiley Hug

Vanesa.

Work Issues Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:24 pm

Hope things get better Christina :)

Work Issues Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Work Issues Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:32 pm

I'm so glad to hear that someone else has been hired. Hopefully that'll take part of the load off your shoulders. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to take things one step at a time, too - that's such an important lesson to learn. And not always an easy one. Work Issues 410460 Thanks for the update!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 9:31 pm

I am glad that things seem to be looking up. Me on the other hand am having a really bad time at work. People are trying to make me look like an idiot and a bad employee. So now there is a lot of tension and worry for me. It's like working with a bunch oh high school kids! You should see the incompetence there! I am not trying to brag, but I am one of the best employees. They would be in deep doo doo without me. Every job I get there are always people that make it miserable. That is when I quit and find another job, but it's hard to get a job. Please pray that things will get better for me. I have been at this place for 3 years and had bad times, but this has been the worst 6 months to a year.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:27 pm

Prayers are going up for you, Beckie. I hope things get better for you, too. {{hugs}}

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 12:31 am

I'll pray for you, Beckie...And I know what you are experiencing. Sometimes, people acts like High School students, indeed! scared

Vanesa.

Work Issues Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 2:11 pm

Thanks everyone. I actually got a nice apology from one of my coworkers about what happened.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 5:54 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
Thanks everyone. I actually got a nice apology from one of my coworkers about what happened.

Well isn't that nice!

Work Issues Alexke11
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 10:57 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:

Thumbsup That's a good thing! I know sometimes it's few and far between (at least, it's been my experience at my office, ugh). Hope you have a good week. {{hugs}}

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:48 pm

I'm glad of hearing this Beckie. I know how happy are you feeling right now.

Vanesa. Thumbsup Smiley Hug

Work Issues Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:52 pm

Yeah we are good now. I still am stressed about work though. It seems everybody has been on edge.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Work Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Issues   Work Issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Work Issues
Page 1 of 1