Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dangers of 3 women in one house

Go down 
+10
Amy
Joe
carolineingalls
alexczarn
Lori
Rhonda
Carol
Krissy
Savannah
bethandmanly
14 posters
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Dangers of 3 women in one house Bokmal10

Dangers of 3 women in one house Empty
PostSubject: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 1:49 pm

My sister-in-law bought my girls makeup for Christmas. They like to get dolled up and have tea parties. On Christmas night, they walked into our bathroom to get made up, and while they usually do a very nice job, this time they decided to use black eye shadow to paint their entire faces so they could look like little black kitties. It took forever to wash that stuff off.

Last night, I had a meeting. I hadn't seen most of these people in probably four years, so I decided to put makeup on so I would look like something other than a disheveled mother and frumpy housewife. I can't see anything without my glasses on, but I have to take them off to apply makeup, so I removed them and put on my blush. What I could see looked awfully dark, so I put my glasses back on. My cheeks were a grotesque mix of pink and black--mostly black, which was immediately sucked into my pores and made me look like SpongeBob after he got dragged through the mud.

I'm guessing either the Lil Diva or the Lil Princess used my brush to paint her face on Christmas and just never said anything.

And the lesson for today is: Always check your makeup brushes before applying your blush.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Dangers of 3 women in one house Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : Dangers of 3 women in one house Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Dangers of 3 women in one house 184143 Dangers of 3 women in one house 184143 Dangers of 3 women in one house 184143 Dangers of 3 women in one house 85958 Cheryl! I really hope that you were able to get the black off before your guests came. But what a funny story!

And you don't look like a frumpy housewife.
Dangers of 3 women in one house 335724 You're beautiful! I especially love the picture you used for your book
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 2:25 pm

It was a tight squeeze, but I managed to wash it off and reapply everything in time.

Thanks Savannah. I can't tell you how much work I had to do to look good for that picture. grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Dangers of 3 women in one house Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 2:32 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL awww.kids

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 2:34 pm

Too funny Cheryl! Laughing

Dangers of 3 women in one house Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Dangers of 3 women in one house Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 2:52 pm

Laughing At least they wouldn't know if you were embarrassed and blushing yourself....

Dangers of 3 women in one house Rhonda10Dangers of 3 women in one house Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 3:07 pm

laugh3

Dangers of 3 women in one house Lorike10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:03 pm

laugh3

Dangers of 3 women in one house Alexke11
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Dangers of 3 women in one house Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:23 pm

Poor Cheryl! Glad you got sorted before your guests arrived.

And I can't believe it took any time at all to make you up for the pics in the book.

Beautiful, inside and out.

Dangers of 3 women in one house MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : Dangers of 3 women in one house Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 7:30 pm

That story would be perfect for Readers Digest!!

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Dangers of 3 women in one house Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Dangers of 3 women in one house Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 8:48 pm

Dangers of 3 women in one house 135245 Aren't kids just a JOY?!?!?! Dangers of 3 women in one house 85958
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:16 am

Oh, Cheryl! Said me you didn't look like SpongeBob! ROTFL

It reminds me of my granny's best friend , who was a teacher, and used to dye her hair in dark blonde. Once, I don't know what happened with the thing she was aplying to her head, and when she looked on the mirror, she saws that something was going WRONG. She hurried to wash her hair, but it was late...It looked exactly the same shade than the courtain of her bathroom: DEEP RED! affraid She couldn't take it away, and next morning she MUST go to school in THAT state...Her pupils were all boys...and they were 17 years old.

Of course they laughed at her calling her "The Punk Teacher"....And just think the lady was in her 60's . laugh3

Vanesa.

Dangers of 3 women in one house Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Dangers of 3 women in one house Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:45 am

laugh3 Cheryl that is to funny

ROTFL Vanesa I would of loved seeing that lol

Dangers of 3 women in one house Jacobk10Dangers of 3 women in one house Jacob210
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:13 am

carolineingalls wrote:
And I can't believe it took any time at all to make you up for the pics in the book.
Beautiful, inside and out.

You’re a sweetheart, Maureen. Thanks so much. You’ve touched my heart.

Joe wrote:
That story would be perfect for Readers Digest!!

Like one of those short little funny blurbs in between the stories?

Amy wrote:
Aren't kids just a JOY?!?!?!

I keep telling myself that Amy, because I might kill them otherwise.

Vanesa wrote:
Oh, Cheryl! Said me you didn't look like SpongeBob!

It really was horrible. I have large pores, another reason I don’t wear makeup often, and the black just sank right in. I’m standing in front of the mirror trying to wipe this mess off my face, and it’s stuck into the crevices. I need to haul out the cold cream to remove it all.

Vanesa wrote:
It reminds me of my granny's best friend , who was a teacher, and used to dye her hair in dark blonde. Once, I don't know what happened with the thing she was aplying to her head, and when she looked on the mirror, she saws that something was going WRONG. She hurried to wash her hair, but it was late...It looked exactly the same shade than the courtain of her bathroom: DEEP RED! affraid She couldn't take it away, and next morning she MUST go to school in THAT state...Her pupils were all boys...and they were 17 years old.

Of course they laughed at her calling her "The Punk Teacher"....And just think the lady was in her 60's.
Oh, that poor woman. She must have been horrified.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Dangers of 3 women in one house Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 8:03 pm

Well thats better than the lady that used a washrag with glitter on it.....Rhonda do you remember that one? You sent that one to me once. That might be something for a pm. (wink, wink.)

Don't have that problem with a house full of men Cheryl. Although, I do remember picking up a can of Tinactin and spraying it on my hair thinking it was hairspray. Things like that make us loose our minds when we are older! No

Dangers of 3 women in one house Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:29 pm

Gin wrote:
Well thats better than the lady that used a washrag with glitter on it.....Rhonda do you remember that one? You sent that one to me once. That might be something for a pm. (wink, wink.)

I've done that too, but with not such bad results.

Gin wrote:
Don't have that problem with a house full of men Cheryl. Although, I do remember picking up a can of Tinactin and spraying it on my hair thinking it was hairspray. Things like that make us loose our minds when we are older! No

That sounds so yucky.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:08 am

Gin wrote:

laugh3

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:13 am

Well, men could make mistakes time to time...A friend of mine used shaving creme for her legs, and her father, who has very dry skin, mistook it to a cold cream and put it right on his arms and face rubbing it hard over the skin...Well, he was red as a crab in a minute and hot like if he had been right under the sun in a Caribbean beach! thud

The boy friend of my cousin, mistook a feet gel to a hair gel and rubbed it generously over his curls...He said very astonished, that he had never felt his head so FRESH! laugh3

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:24 am

Vanesa wrote:
Well, men could make mistakes time to time...A friend of mine used shaving creme for her legs, and her father, who has very dry skin, mistook it to a cold cream and put it right on his arms and face rubbing it hard over the skin...Well, he was red as a crab in a minute and hot like if he had been right under the sun in a Caribbean beach! thud

The boy friend of my cousin, mistook a feet gel to a hair gel and rubbed it generously over his curls...He said very astonished, that he had never felt his head so FRESH! laugh3

Vanesa.

VANESA!! ROTFL ROTFL

So funny!!

Dangers of 3 women in one house Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : Dangers of 3 women in one house Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:40 am

Vanesa, that is funny and yes men make mistakes.
Here is one of mine; I like to keep my hair short and cut it myself with an electric hair trimmer. Once I forgot to put the spacer on and shaved a 4 inch bald spot on the side of my head. My job didn't allow baseball caps so I had to go to work like that until it grew out. Come to think about it, I should have just shaved it all off.
Ok men, your turn!! Time to admit a mistake!!

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Dangers of 3 women in one house Pbucket
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Dangers of 3 women in one house Party010

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:36 am

Vanesa wrote:
Oh, Cheryl! Said me you didn't look like SpongeBob! ROTFL

Of course they laughed at her calling her "The Punk Teacher"....And just think the lady was in her 60's . laugh3

Vanesa.

I wish we had a "like"button. laugh3
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:39 am

bethandmanly wrote:
My sister-in-law bought my girls makeup for Christmas. They like to get dolled up and have tea parties. On Christmas night, they walked into our bathroom to get made up, and while they usually do a very nice job, this time they decided to use black eye shadow to paint their entire faces so they could look like little black kitties. It took forever to wash that stuff off.

Last night, I had a meeting. I hadn't seen most of these people in probably four years, so I decided to put makeup on so I would look like something other than a disheveled mother and frumpy housewife. I can't see anything without my glasses on, but I have to take them off to apply makeup, so I removed them and put on my blush. What I could see looked awfully dark, so I put my glasses back on. My cheeks were a grotesque mix of pink and black--mostly black, which was immediately sucked into my pores and made me look like SpongeBob after he got dragged through the mud.

I'm guessing either the Lil Diva or the Lil Princess used my brush to paint her face on Christmas and just never said anything.

And the lesson for today is: Always check your makeup brushes before applying your blush.

Again, I wish we had a "like" button. I'd a paid good money to see that. ROTFL
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 11:12 am

It was pretty darn funny, Larry. Though when I was pressed for time I didn't think so.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:34 am

Joe wrote:
Vanesa, that is funny and yes men make mistakes.
Here is one of mine; I like to keep my hair short and cut it myself with an electric hair trimmer. Once I forgot to put the spacer on and shaved a 4 inch bald spot on the side of my head. My job didn't allow baseball caps so I had to go to work like that until it grew out. Come to think about it, I should have just shaved it all off.
Ok men, your turn!! Time to admit a mistake!!

Oh, Joe! I wish I could have seen THAT! laugh3

Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 3:16 am

bethandmanly wrote:
It was pretty darn funny, Larry. Though when I was pressed for time I didn't think so.
I got young'uns (the number depends on the day of the week and who's mad at their mom or their mom kicked 'em out since they're not all "technically" mine), but they're all girls but one that stay a while.
They seem to have found it humorous to wait 'til I go to sleep (my meds make me a heavy sleeper) in my recliner and give me a "makeover".

I end up looking like Alice Cooper.

They get me by saying they need...stuff..from the store, and I go before anything else is said.

Freakin' teenage girls. Ranting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dangers of 3 women in one house   Dangers of 3 women in one house Empty

Back to top Go down

Dangers of 3 women in one house
Page 1 of 1