Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Eeekk, I'm already nervous...

Go down 
+10
Melissa
flatbroke
pamh36
Rhonda
bethandmanly
ChristinaAL
Savannah
Lily
Carol
Misti
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2007 12:01 pm

I'm a little late...I hope all went well Misti.grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2007 9:56 pm

Rob wrote:
Rhonda wrote:
Because you would be biting your tongue and trying to keep the tears from running down your face!!!ROTFL

Oh, childbirth can't be all that bad. I've seen it on TV sitcoms. The woman goes into the delivery room, the doctor and nurses make a few hilarious jokes, and the whole thing's over in ten minutes. Badda-boom, badda-bing.

Besides, I stubbed my toe once. Now that's real pain, ladies. Laughing

Yep, and they are back in their regular clothes right away...yeah, right! I was in my gosh-awful orange pants for two months afterwards! When I finally got back to my regular clothes, I should have had a "clothes" burning for those hideous things! :faint2:

Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 HummerEeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 MistiKeeperEeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Bookclub5Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2007 9:59 pm

Susie wrote:
I'm a little late...I hope all went well Misti.grinsmiley

Thanks, Susie, and everyone! The appointment isn't until May, so I have a little while to psyche myself up! The neat thing is I got the paper when I went to have my annual exam at our local clinic and they gave me a paper for the mammogram. Normally, they are expensive but the people who do them were given a generous donation through the Susan G. Cohmen center, so it will cost me $10.

Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 HummerEeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 MistiKeeperEeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Bookclub5Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2007 10:36 pm

WOW! That's really wonderful, Misti!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2007 1:56 pm

Rob wrote:
Misti wrote:
I say let them experience giving birth! Heck, let's give them the whole nine month experience!

I'm sure we would handle it with dignity, class, grace, and without a word of complaint. :shifty:

Uh-huh. :haha:

Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2007 11:32 am

Misti, my friend (age 37) had this done for the first time a few months ago. It runs in her family so she was tested early. My doctor says it's fine to wait till 40 if there's nothing in your family. Still, it would be nice for the piece of mind, because you just never know. There are 25 year olds out there that end up with breast cancer. No Anyway, she told me that she couldn't believe how worked up she got over this ahead of time. She said it was, her words, "a piece of cake!" She'd always heard she'd experience some discomfort, if not pain, but she said she wouldn't even call it discomfort! Maybe it just depends on your level of pain tolerance? I don't know. But try not to sweat it....let us know how it all turns out...and if you agree with my friend! Whistle

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2007 4:51 pm

Thanks for the encouraging words, everyone! I may have a little discomfort, but I will be prepared for it. Heck, I don't like needles but I go give blood, if I can, every 56 days and I had an epidural when I went into the hospital to have my son. I figure that if you want to go thru life without any pain and/or discomfort, it ain't happen'! So, I'm ready!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2007 5:31 pm

Hey, that epidural needle is worse than labor, IMO! bawling Yoowwwch!!! I'm not a needle person...I'll take a mammogram anyday! happy1 (There's me again, waving my bra around!) :haha:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2007 8:27 pm

Misti wrote:
Normally, they are expensive but the people who do them were given a generous donation through the Susan G. Cohmen center, so it will cost me $10.

Wow Misti, another good reason not to procrastinate. lol Speaking of the needle, I was so afraid of the epidural needle, I had both of my births natually, so I think when I hit 40, that little discomfort will be nothing compare to childbirth. happy1

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 2:32 pm

Misti, just got my appointment reminder from the clinic that I am due for my mammogram on May 2....do you think they can do a twofer? You know, a two for one...........:haha:

Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Rhonda10Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 4:16 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Misti, just got my appointment reminder from the clinic that I am due for my mammogram on May 2....do you think they can do a twofer? You know, a two for one...........:haha:

Yep, we can go support each other. C'mon! Let's go!!! Wave

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 6:36 pm

Rob wrote:
Misti wrote:
I say let them experience giving birth! Heck, let's give them the whole nine month experience!

I'm sure we would handle it with dignity, class, grace, and without a word of complaint. :shifty:

:Hahaha: Oh, how did I miss that statement?? :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2007 10:20 am

Hey! Well, I did it! I went this morning and got my mammogram. I was sort of nervous and ready for discomfort/pain but I have to say that it didn't hurt at all. Not even the least bit of discomfort. And, it only cost $10.

So, I got thru it! :woohooo: happy1

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2007 12:55 pm

Alright, Misti! Applause
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2007 1:02 pm

I'm so glad that it went so well for you, Misti! {{{Hug}}}
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2007 1:21 pm

YAY Misti......I got the results of mine last week, and I am free and clear of any cancer there. I was especially glad since I had to have that biopsy a couple of years ago.....I can breathe a lot better now....... Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 36_19_3

Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Rhonda10Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2007 2:24 pm

:rainbowfaces: Rhonda!!!:rainbowfaces:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2007 2:27 pm

glad to here it went good
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2007 2:22 pm

I got my results back yesterday. Everything looks normal and fine! Yeah!!!

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2007 2:33 pm

Glad to hear of your good results, ladies! :)

Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Number of posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2007 3:52 pm

Good job Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2007 8:22 pm

Good for you ladies. Glad everything is all good! grinsmiley

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eeekk, I'm already nervous...   Eeekk, I'm already nervous... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Eeekk, I'm already nervous...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2