Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mortal Mission

Go down 
+5
Honeybee
Savannah
alexczarn
Vanesa
Davidccl
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Davidccl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Davidccl

Number of posts : 120
Mood : Mortal Mission Indiff10

Mortal Mission Empty
PostSubject: Mortal Mission   Mortal Mission EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:14 pm

An awesome show but so sad javascript:emoticonp('tantrum')
All 4 of my favorite charterers were sick (1) Albert (2) Andy (3) Lura (4) Thomas (blind school)
Throughout the whole episodes I was so close to tears. I cried when Thomas died
The Ingalls wagon was stolen with a major delivery on it to (Scared me to think about what was going to happen at that point, I thought both Albert and Andy were going to die.)
When the wagon was stolen I actually cried because everybody was going to die I thought
To many kids dieing javascript:emoticonp('tantrum')
I never cry but I even cried when the murderer died (don't know if it was little or older (little didn't want to do it))
javascript:emoticonp('tantrum') Last of the medicine was used on Andy javascript:emoticonp('Smile')
What about later? javascript:emoticonp('tantrum')

javascript:emoticonp('affraid')
When Charles and Jonathan tried to steal back the medicine I was so scared because they were going up against somebody with a gun when they had none

Later on Garth (other brother who set this infection lose) died

When they finally came in with the medicine I was so overjoyed javascript:emoticonp('grinsmiley')

That was the saddest show yet.
I'm just glad none of the main charters died. I just wish Thomas lived javascript:emoticonp('Blue')
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/dcat682
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Mortal Mission Bokmal10

Mortal Mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Mission   Mortal Mission EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:49 pm

Yes, it was a sad episode, but I didn't think that Laura, Albert or Andy could die. The show wouldn't make any sense after it...At least if Laura Ingalls died! Just imagine! The show couldn't kill Laura, for she was Laura Ingalls Wilder, the great writer...and how would the "Little House books" even been written if Laura died when she was barely a teen?

I was very sad when Thomas died, since he was my favorite little blind of Mary's school. But I knew that Pa and Mr. Garvey should pull off and bring those medicines. It always happens in TV shows! Wink

But what bothered me about "Mortal Mission" was that the writers calls the Walnut Grove's new plague "antrax", and lung antrax (the one who was observed in all cases we sees in the show) ALWAYS causes death, once the syntoms begins... even today! OhMy Yikes

Vanesa.

Mortal Mission Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Davidccl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Davidccl

Mortal Mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Mission   Mortal Mission EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Really!?

I didn't know that, I thought we would have found a better cure by now and that it would have evolved into something different like cancer

(Me after catching antrax)
Imokay

Neils scared me, and then a few days later he didn't want the medicine ROTFL like father like son

Ying and Yang, Good and Evil, Light and Dark..  All are 2 sides to their own coin.  Niether can live with each other, but none can also live without the other.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Mortal Mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Mission   Mortal Mission EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:54 pm

Hi, David:

But there's a kind of antrax that can be cured, and was not so awful, even back then: I mean skin antrax. Generally it cures all by itself within five or six days. Nowadays, anthibiotics could make the processus faster. However, some 5% of people could die from skin antrax too.

Lung antrax could be cured with anthibiotics BEFORE any symptom could be noticed. If symptoms are showing on you, you are dead... Yikes thud

Vanesa.

Mortal Mission Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Mortal Mission Happy010

Mortal Mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Mission   Mortal Mission EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:04 am

Antrax? I thought it was spelt Anthrax.

Mortal Mission Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Mortal Mission Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

Mortal Mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Mission   Mortal Mission EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:02 am

alexczarn wrote:

It is in English, Alex. But English isn't Vanesa's first language. In Spanish, Portuguese, etc., it's spelled "antrax". Mortal Mission 185146 (Just like, in America, you'd be fifeable for using "spelt" in place of spelled. Mortal Mission 129986 ) Her spelling in English is a LOT better than mine would be if I tried to post to her in her native language. Mortal Mission 279394 Mortal Mission 440956
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Mortal Mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Mission   Mortal Mission EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 12:05 am

Thanks, Savannah! But Alex is right. I made a mistake and I must accept it. Only accepting it I would learn to write English words properly.The most hard words to write in English are those similar to Spanish ones. "Antrax" is too much similar to "anthrax". Ooops I had some doubts about the spelling of this word, but since it was a scientist definition, I suppose it must be the same, since the word would come from Ancient Greek. Well, I was wrong... Laughing

Thanks Alex to make me realize I made a BIG mistake; and thank you Savannah for understanding English is not my first language and I can easily be wrong. Smiley Hug

Vanesa.

Mortal Mission Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Davidccl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Davidccl

Mortal Mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Mission   Mortal Mission EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 9:35 am

I didn't notice laugh3

Well since it is a scientific/doctor word I never needed to learn it.

Ying and Yang, Good and Evil, Light and Dark..  All are 2 sides to their own coin.  Niether can live with each other, but none can also live without the other.
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

Mortal Mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Mission   Mortal Mission EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:29 pm

Savannah wrote:
alexczarn wrote:

It is in English, Alex. But English isn't Vanesa's first language. In Spanish, Portuguese, etc., it's spelled "antrax". Mortal Mission 185146 (Just like, in America, you'd be fifeable for using "spelt" in place of spelled. Mortal Mission 129986 ) Her spelling in English is a LOT better than mine would be if I tried to post to her in her native language. Mortal Mission 279394 Mortal Mission 440956
And better than me!
I guess there is a benefit to living in Australia, apart from the Tim Tams. HeeHee

Vanesa wrote:
Thanks, Savannah! But Alex is right. I made a mistake and I must accept it. Only accepting it I would learn to write English words properly.The most hard words to write in English are those similar to Spanish ones. "Antrax" is too much similar to "anthrax". Ooops I had some doubts about the spelling of this word, but since it was a scientist definition, I suppose it must be the same, since the word would come from Ancient Greek. Well, I was wrong... Laughing

Thanks Alex to make me realize I made a BIG mistake; and thank you Savannah for understanding English is not my first language and I can easily be wrong. Smiley Hug

Vanesa.

That's OK Vanesa. I'm sure it would be hard. And you're welcome. Smiley Hug

Mortal Mission Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Davidccl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Davidccl

Mortal Mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Mission   Mortal Mission EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 2:19 pm

The one thing in that show that surprised me is that it never had Andy getting brought in sick, and yet in one of the scenes it had Andy lying in the Blind School sick.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Mortal Mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Mission   Mortal Mission EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:46 pm

Well, I don't remember the Olesons being sick before noticying them all (except Harriet) lying at blind School.

Vanesa.

Mortal Mission Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Davidccl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Davidccl

Mortal Mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Mission   Mortal Mission EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 3:46 pm

Your right!

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

Mortal Mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Mission   Mortal Mission EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:03 pm

This is a good episode. Also very sad episode. Blue

Got to thinking. Some got the anthrax & others didn't.

Olsen family. Nellie & Willie is sick. (later on, Nels gets sick.) Harriett is healthy.

Ingalls family: Laura & Albert is sick. Caroline, Carrie, & Grace isn't sick. Charles didn't get it, cause he was out of town.

Garvey Family: Alice & Andy gets sick. Jonathan didn't get it, he was out of town with Charles.

Kendall Family: Adam is sick. Mary isn't sick.

Blind School: Some got sick & others didn't get sick. Hester Sue didn't get sick.

Town people: Some got sick & others got sick.

Dr. Baker: didn't get sick.

We didn't see Rev. Alden So, he probably didn't eat the meat or was out of town. Teaching the Gospel in a different town or State.

Here's my theory. Maybe, the amount people eat the meat. Cause, after Mr. Garth sells the Mutton to Alice & Caroline. Alice says, she'll cooked dinner. So, maybe Laura & Albert wanted Seconds. Cause taste so good. They don't show us, at the dinner table eating. Next morning. Both Laura & Albert is really sick.

My other theory is. Could be their immune system. Some people immune system can fight off bad diseases. Other can't fight off the bad diseases.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

Number of posts : 133

Mortal Mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Mission   Mortal Mission EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:18 pm

My favorite part is when Harriet thinks Nells is dead and she's scared and concerned and says,"I don't know how you put up with me Nels"
Nells: I don't put up with you Harriet, I love you.
Aww he loves her!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Mortal Mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Mission   Mortal Mission EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:38 pm

Harrietfan wrote:
My favorite part is when Harriet thinks Nells is dead and she's scared and concerned and says,"I don't know how you put up with me Nels"
Aww he loves her!

I always loved this quote...I think it's great when Nels and Harriet shows how much they REALLY they love each other... Love loveheart Other wonderful Nels-Harriet scene is at the very end of "May I have this dance?", when they dances together a sweet Boston. Cloud 9

Vanesa.

Mortal Mission Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Mortal Mission Headac10

Mortal Mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Mission   Mortal Mission EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Harrietfan wrote:
Aww he loves her!

Yes,you can sure tell they care for eacher.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Mortal Mission Purple2

Mortal Mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Mission   Mortal Mission EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 8:59 pm

I watched the episode last night. I noticed that after Charles and Jonathan got back with the medicine, Caroline told Laura and Albert that Pa is back and Albert lipped, Pa's back. I have never noticed Albert lipping that. The part where Laura was asking where everyone went was scary.
Back to top Go down
reneerose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
reneerose

Number of posts : 52

Mortal Mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Mission   Mortal Mission EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 11:17 pm

I sort of didn't really like this episode as I think they had done a similar anthrax episode a few seasons before? I don't remember. Anyway a whole town getting sick is a stock sort of episode to expect from a show like this. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mortal Mission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Mission   Mortal Mission Empty

Back to top Go down

Mortal Mission
Page 1 of 1