HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.   Fri May 06, 2011 6:20 pm

I heard that in canada,They may agree to let students keep cell phones in class rooms? Do you agree with this? Like during class you can text teacher questions.Or whatever?
Things sure has changed sence i finshed hs.


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor


Number of posts : 19956
Location : On my bike!!!
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.   Fri May 06, 2011 6:47 pm

Cell phones were not allowed where my boys went to school.....the kids were caught sending text messages that had the test answers to other students...just a new way of cheating......altho in college, they can have them in case there is an emergency and a text needs to be sent to all students for safety sake..... scratchead



CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23099
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.   Fri May 06, 2011 7:22 pm

Nope students should not be allowed mobile phones during School.

Besides many phones have internet access. They may be randomly browsing Facebook, etc instead of working.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.   Fri May 06, 2011 7:22 pm

Same here when i was in school/

yeah,new why to cheating.


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.   Fri May 06, 2011 7:23 pm

alexczarn wrote:
Nope students should not be allowed mobile phones during School.

Besides many phones have internet access. They may be randomly browsing Facebook, etc instead of working.

I agree HeeHee


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler


Number of posts : 853
Location : USA
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.   Fri May 06, 2011 10:48 pm

That's very sad. :(

I remember when I had to take a class in a public school texting was pretty new there were kids in the class texting back and forth and not paying attention. The teacher even gave all the answers to a quiz that we would be having the next day. The two girls were too busy chatting and texting that they were not listening.
They both only managed to fill in two to three answers. :(


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avonleavignettes.com
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.   Fri May 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
That's very sad. :(

I remember when I had to take a class in a public school texting was pretty new there were kids in the class texting back and forth and not paying attention. The teacher even gave all the answers to a quiz that we would be having the next day. The two girls were too busy chatting and texting that they were not listening.
They both only managed to fill in two to three answers. :(

That's sad Blue


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5178
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.   Sat May 07, 2011 12:06 am

I do not agree with having a cell phone in class, and for all the reasons you already quoted. We are in a crazy world, it seems... Yikes

Vanesa.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 1872
Location : Georgia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.   Sat May 07, 2011 2:10 am

Lord have mercy!

My friend Brandon will sometimes text me in class and it freaks me out because I do NOT want him to get in trouble. I finally told him today to write me when school was over. He says he won't get caught. He can't be so sure.


"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.   Sat May 07, 2011 10:25 am

MissYoungClassic wrote:
Lord have mercy!

My friend Brandon will sometimes text me in class and it freaks me out because I do NOT want him to get in trouble. I finally told him today to write me when school was over. He says he won't get caught. He can't be so sure.
good you told your friend not to do that.


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5178
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.   Sun May 08, 2011 12:02 am

Please, Julia tell him not to do those kind of things. Even if he is not caught, it's YOU who could be caught answering his calls inestead. If he really is your friend, he wouldn't like you to be in trouble. Blue

Vanesa.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
amyk
New Pioneer
New Pioneer


Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.   Sun May 08, 2011 3:25 pm

I just don't understand this need to have constant access to everyone or for everyone to have constant access to me. If I were some kind of heart transplant surgeon waiting for a phone call to rush into surgery, I could understand, but I'm not really that important.

On the other hand, I don't have any kids, so maybe if I were a parent I would be more concerned to have constant access to my child. But somehow millions of children have grown up without the parent having such constant access to them. I'm glad my mom did not have constant access to me when I was a kid! How could you ever have any excuse not to "check in" with a parent. (It was bad enough that I had to telephone her from a land line and let her know I was on my way home from one of my friend's houses so that if something happened to me on the way she would know to send out the police, I guess!)

Now, seriously, my mom was and is a great mom, so nothing I have written above should be construed to mean that she wasn't. And I wish all the moms Happy Mother's Day while I'm at it!

And getting back on topic....can't the kid just raise their hand and ask the teacher a question anymore without having to send a text message?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.   Sun May 08, 2011 3:33 pm

I'm sorry but i think students using cell phones in class rooms is very stupid and not needed.

who knows maybe in years to come kids won't use schools for school they will just use school online,


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5178
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.   Mon May 09, 2011 12:22 am

amyk wrote:
I just don't understand this need to have constant access to everyone or for everyone to have constant access to me. If I were some kind of heart transplant surgeon waiting for a phone call to rush into surgery, I could understand, but I'm not really that important.

On the other hand, I don't have any kids, so maybe if I were a parent I would be more concerned to have constant access to my child. But somehow millions of children have grown up without the parent having such constant access to them. I'm glad my mom did not have constant access to me when I was a kid! How could you ever have any excuse not to "check in" with a parent. (It was bad enough that I had to telephone her from a land line and let her know I was on my way home from one of my friend's houses so that if something happened to me on the way she would know to send out the police, I guess!)

Now, seriously, my mom was and is a great mom, so nothing I have written above should be construed to mean that she wasn't. And I wish all the moms Happy Mother's Day while I'm at it!

And getting back on topic....can't the kid just raise their hand and ask the teacher a question anymore without having to send a text message?

Exactly, Amyk...It's a very bad thing of our times this urgent need to have constant acces to everyone , and everyone having acces to us. It's even ridicoulous. I know friends of mine that is all day with their cells phones checking messages and calls, and also living thourough Facebook. Yesterday, I learned that a friend of mine was very drepressed when I checked her page in Facebook. I was sadened for she hadn't phoned me just to say how bad she was feeling...She rather went to Facebook and wrote there her emotional troubles for everyne to see...and since I don't check Facebook so often, I didn't knew how she was feeling after a whole month she had posted it in a semi-public space...

As for cells phones...I've seen people checking messages and calling people IN CHURCH!!!! OhMy Yikes

Vanesa.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23099
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.   Mon May 09, 2011 12:25 am

In Church?? Yikes No


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 1872
Location : Georgia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.   Mon May 09, 2011 12:33 am

Vanesa wrote:
Please, Julia tell him not to do those kind of things. Even if he is not caught, it's YOU who could be caught answering his calls inestead. If he really is your friend, he wouldn't like you to be in trouble. Blue

Vanesa.

I told him that. He claims his teacher never pays attention....I could be having school too!
Just because I am homeschooled doesn't mean I have it easy. Summer break is in 3 weeks so he won't be doing that for a while. HeeHee


"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 1872
Location : Georgia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.   Mon May 09, 2011 12:36 am

Vanesa wrote:
amyk wrote:
I just don't understand this need to have constant access to everyone or for everyone to have constant access to me. If I were some kind of heart transplant surgeon waiting for a phone call to rush into surgery, I could understand, but I'm not really that important.

On the other hand, I don't have any kids, so maybe if I were a parent I would be more concerned to have constant access to my child. But somehow millions of children have grown up without the parent having such constant access to them. I'm glad my mom did not have constant access to me when I was a kid! How could you ever have any excuse not to "check in" with a parent. (It was bad enough that I had to telephone her from a land line and let her know I was on my way home from one of my friend's houses so that if something happened to me on the way she would know to send out the police, I guess!)

Now, seriously, my mom was and is a great mom, so nothing I have written above should be construed to mean that she wasn't. And I wish all the moms Happy Mother's Day while I'm at it!

And getting back on topic....can't the kid just raise their hand and ask the teacher a question anymore without having to send a text message?

Exactly, Amyk...It's a very bad thing of our times this urgent need to have constant acces to everyone , and everyone having acces to us. It's even ridicoulous. I know friends of mine that is all day with their cells phones checking messages and calls, and also living thourough Facebook. Yesterday, I learned that a friend of mine was very drepressed when I checked her page in Facebook. I was sadened for she hadn't phoned me just to say how bad she was feeling...She rather went to Facebook and wrote there her emotional troubles for everyne to see...and since I don't check Facebook so often, I didn't knew how she was feeling after a whole month she had posted it in a semi-public space...

As for cells phones...I've seen people checking messages and calling people IN CHURCH!!!! OhMy Yikes

Vanesa.

I've seen it in church too! In fact, people in church have text me asking questions!!! I understand if someone is on there way and need some more directions but not for chit chat!


"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.   Today at 1:38 pm

Back to top Go down
 
cells phones & texting alowed in class rooms in canada.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» My new Class Cards.
» U uPVC class
» Trade Rooms...
» Just a Working Class Dad
» WTB Class III wagon hitch

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: