HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5919
Mood :

PostSubject: Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton   Wed May 18, 2011 6:12 pm

I bought this today and it truly looks like a great read. Mary is the first from the Walton series to write about her experiences as Erin Walton. Hopefully I'll have a review soon.

It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton   Wed May 18, 2011 8:43 pm

Wow, she looks fabulous! I'll look forward to hearing what you think of it. If it's good, I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Number of posts : 9006
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton   Thu May 19, 2011 1:56 am

Thumbsup I will have look into buy that one looks awesome let us know what you think

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5919
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton   Wed May 25, 2011 4:47 pm

I read this book in 4 days! Just loved her story and all she has been through.
I promise not to give too much away, but she begins telling of being on the Waltons of course. She talks about the family atmosphere and the closeness of the cast. She tells a few things about the pilot movie The Homecoming and a few other episodes. Makes me want to watch them now for all the things she hinted about.
She is one that has had alot of self image problems and has had to embrace who she is and be happy with herself.
She talks about her illness in the latter part of the book. (I'll let that be a secret if you don't know already) She has worked to change laws and get more medical testing for women. As shy as she was in real life she truly found her voice with this....
She has worked with a few LH, Happy Days and Brady Bunch cast members.

This was a book I would recommend to ages 12 and up. Its clean and Mary has a wonderful message to tell. Its great to know that she is one child star that came out on top and still has something to offer her fans. READ IT!!

It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Number of posts : 9006
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton   Thu May 26, 2011 1:43 am

Sounds Great will have to buy it

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Number of posts : 7227
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton   Fri May 27, 2011 2:03 am

Sounds fabulous. I'll put it on my wish list. Thanks.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 1872
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton   Fri May 27, 2011 11:16 pm

I bought it! Smile

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Back to top Go down
View user profile
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner

Number of posts : 1209
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton   Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:39 pm

Bought this a few days ago and so far, it's rivetting.

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 2916
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton   Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:52 am

She looks quite a bit like Melissa Gilbert.. Wink

I ain't watched The Waltons but Mum says its really good..Love to watch it one day.

Leaves Leaves
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 23099
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton   Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:21 pm

Ruth wrote:

Not exactly...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
easyt72000
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 127
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton   Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:40 am

Didn't she appear on General Hospital for a short while? Late 80's early 90's? I always thought she was beautiful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 2916
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton   Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:30 pm

alexczarn wrote:
Ruth wrote:

Not exactly...

No... But almost... Whistle

Leaves Leaves
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6

Number of posts : 2529
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton   Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:53 pm

I've read this boook too and found it to be very interesting and thought provoking.

Mary M and Alison A have both wrote books are are going to go on tour signing autographs together. Check out this clip.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/11/09/tvs-good-girl-vs-bad-girl-square-off-in-santa-monica/

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton   Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:18 pm

I'd had this on my wish list on paperbackswap.com (which, despite its name does have hard cover books as well HeeHee  ), and got an email yesterday that the book is being mailed to me. I love that site! I look forward to reading this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37837
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton   Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:39 pm

I wish I could read it. Looks good.. I'll keep looking for it.

Ruth. You would love the show. It's really good show!!Smile 

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton   Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:27 pm

Krissy, when I'm finished reading it I would be glad to pass it on to you. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested. Thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37837
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton   Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:57 am

That is nice of you. I forget about this book.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maria1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 222
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton   Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:58 pm

she is beautiful on the cover. i will look for it too. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton   Today at 7:24 pm

Back to top Go down

Lessons from the Mountain~ Mary McDonough aka Erin Walton
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1