Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Singing with old chorus

Go down 
+4
Amy
Krissy
Gin
HarrisonCrosby4387
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Singing with old chorus Happy011

Singing with old chorus Empty
PostSubject: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:25 pm

A few years ago my high school closed it's doors and moved to another building. Now not only did my old school building close, but now they are completely changing the name. Both of these things just break my heart and the heart's of others that went there. Anyway, this June is the final graduation ceremony ever. My old chorus teacher asked old alums to come and sing in an alumni choir. I cannot wait. We have been rehearsing every Monday. It has been fun and makes me long for the good old days. It's kind of depressing because high school was definitely the best years of my life.

It is very strange because it's been 12 years since I have done anything like this. I cannot sing as good as I used to but I am trying my best. Smile

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Singing with old chorus Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:28 pm

Yep that can be sad. The building where my mom went to high school was changed to a middle school by the time I was that age. Mom was excited when I got to go there. Within a few years though it was too old and needed to be torn down. Each of the students got a brick from it and the had a cermony. There is now a Boys and Girls club there and that sort of makes me glad so that there is something still touching young lives.

Singing with old chorus Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Singing with old chorus Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:34 pm

i know what you mean.My jr high school changed to a middle school

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:25 pm

I would rather it have been changed to a middle school instead of it being completely closed. They closed it because they claimed it needed to many expensive repairs and asbestos removal. It has been there since 1916, but boy was it a majestic building.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:34 pm

So sad to see so many schools closing up all over the country. I know we've lost a lot in Michigan. No Beckie, I was in an alumni choir just last year! It was wonderful, one of the best experiences of my life! Seeing so many old friends from high school, and making new ones, made all the practicing worth it. There is talk of having another one again next year, since this one was successful and raised a lot of money for the school. And something I learned through this? I really miss singing. I have been looking to join a choir this past year, but so far the scheduled practices don't work for me yet. I'll find something. Be careful Beckie---the singing bug may bite you too! Wink
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptyWed May 25, 2011 7:05 pm

Cool! Lol I sing in my room a lot if that counts, lol. I would join my church's choir, bit it's mostly old people, lol. Plus with my schedule it would be hard to practice. This practice for my school is working out pretty good.

I just hope I remember the words and my voice doesn't crack during the performance. So far I only know about 2 or 3 other people. Most of them seem like recent graduates. Me and my friend go to rehearsals together.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptyWed May 25, 2011 7:26 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
Cool! Lol I sing in my room a lot if that counts, lol. I would join my church's choir, bit it's mostly old people, lol. Plus with my schedule it would be hard to practice. This practice for my school is working out pretty good.

Well, there is just something about singing with a choir, and I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it until I was back in one again! Smile

MattLabMyLove wrote:
I just hope I remember the words and my voice doesn't crack during the performance. So far I only know about 2 or 3 other people. Most of them seem like recent graduates. Me and my friend go to rehearsals together.

We were allowed to use our sheet music during our concert for most of the songs, except for one that had choreography---there just weren't enough rehearsals to memorize the rest. And yeah, our alumni concert spanned the ages of 18 to 55! It was pretty cool. Nice that you and your friend can do this together! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:46 pm

I wouldn't' do it without her. She has been my friend since 2nd grade. Smile She actually came to my high school in 10th grade. So we really only had that one year not in school together.

We are only performing a song the director wrote and our Alma mater. I had forgotten most of it, but it's come back pretty quickly. My director is so happy to have all of us want to do this. He can't believe me and my friend are 30 and that she has a daughter. He kept telling my how good I look, lol. Oh and an old crush is there too playing the guitar for us. He is engaged though. Unfortunately my biggest crush of high school is not coming. He has a girlfriend and lives in DC. He was a drummer. He looked like a young George Clooney, lol.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:51 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
I would rather it have been changed to a middle school instead of it being completely closed. They closed it because they claimed it needed to many expensive repairs and asbestos removal. It has been there since 1916, but boy was it a majestic building.

I can understand that.A long time it's been there.Would't it be cheapter to fix repairs the build a new one?

alll the did with my school was and a new part. Smile section. Then my middle school they added grade 7& 8 and they added one new part too...

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:16 pm

I have no idea what they are going to do with the building. No one seems to want to buy it. :( It has been sitting there dormant since 2008. I would love for them to turn it into apartments. Then I can move in and live in my old high school. That would be really cool!

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:20 pm

one school here has been closed for years..all they use it for is school meetings.I think should of tured it into something more usful/

wow.long time,

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : Singing with old chorus Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:48 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
I would love for them to turn it into apartments. Then I can move in and live in my old high school. That would be really cool!

I love that idea. Singing with old chorus 39447
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Singing with old chorus Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:59 pm

Rob wrote:
MattLabMyLove wrote:
I would love for them to turn it into apartments. Then I can move in and live in my old high school. That would be really cool!

I love that idea. Singing with old chorus 39447

Good idea! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Singing with old chorus Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:28 pm

I am just worried that while I was in school, I got exposed to asbestos.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 3:23 pm

Well tomorrow is the day. I cannot believe it's here already.!I am excited, nervous and very sad at the same time. bawling Tonight is the final rehearsal. This past Monday when I was on my way there, there was a massive fire near by. While on the way one of our guitarists ( a guy I knew from school and used to have a crush on, lol) was on his way and saw the smoke. He went over to see what it was. Here is was his families' old funeral home. He was the first on the scene. He was kind enough to stop by in the midst of everything to tell what was wrong. Fortunately his family moved their business elsewhere a few years ago. But they still own the building. It was the oldest African American owned business in the city. It's so sad. Blue

I ask that you keep him and his family in your prayers. And pray for me that the performance goes well and I don't mess up. Thanks.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:20 pm

good luck girl Smile

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:16 pm

Good Luck
Why Don't You start to Put a High School Reunion together and see if you could rent the Old School to have it In Smile

Singing with old chorus Jacobk10Singing with old chorus Jacob210
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:14 pm

That would be cool! But that is impossible since the building is probably in worse shape now.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Good luck tomorrow!

Singing with old chorus PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:58 pm

The performance went well. My voice did crack a little, but I don't think anyone heard, lol. It was so hard to keep from crying. What a surreal feeling. Here are some pictures. The first was us practicing. The 2nd was me and my friend Jamie that I have known since 2nd grade. I will try and post the videos that I had taken as well.

Singing with old chorus 249843_10150290681184665_527574664_9046271_3066121_n

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/251273_10150290681264665_527574664_9046274_2716636_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/251729_10150290681419665_527574664_9046277_548236_n.jpg

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:19 pm

Ok the first vid is of the song "Schenley" written specially for the occasion by the choir director. You can see me with my blond hair, lol. The second is part of the Alma Mater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjN6oJ9w-gM

https://www.youtube.com/user/PGHPensFan87?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/Tl2XvMEikDk

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Singing with old chorus Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Nice singing! And I know perfectly how you feel, my dear Beckie! Smiley Hug

Vanesa.

Singing with old chorus Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 8:36 am

Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : Singing with old chorus Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:14 am

Nice, Beckie!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:38 am

Great job Beckie! You look so cute! Smile Hope you had FUN! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singing with old chorus   Singing with old chorus Empty

Back to top Go down

Singing with old chorus
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next