Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Burp Him or Change His Diaper?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Burp Him or Change His Diaper? Purple2

Burp Him or Change His Diaper? Empty
PostSubject: Burp Him or Change His Diaper?   Burp Him or Change His Diaper? EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 12:14 pm

Parrots are known for copying sounds.....Parrots are also known for living to be in their 50's or so....this is going to get old, real fast.... Yikes

Burp Him or Change His Diaper? Rhonda10Burp Him or Change His Diaper? Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Burp Him or Change His Diaper? Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Burp Him or Change His Diaper?   Burp Him or Change His Diaper? EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 12:51 pm

Oh wow. Yes, that would get old. I once had a babysitter that put her parrot in a room with a record player that would "train" your parrot to speak. Nothing ever came of what was on the record. BUT, he did say "You pooped again!" once when she had him out for all the kids to see. He was just like this one, imitating sounds he heard all day long. It was so funny.

Burp Him or Change His Diaper? Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Burp Him or Change His Diaper? Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Burp Him or Change His Diaper?   Burp Him or Change His Diaper? EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:06 pm

Burp Him or Change His Diaper? 440956

Rhonda wrote:
Parrots are also known for living to be in their 50's or so....this is going to get old, real fast....Burp Him or Change His Diaper? 279394

Oh boy. Somehow I suspect this one won't live quite that long. Burp Him or Change His Diaper? 68167

I have a mental image of an elderly couple sitting in a room with the squalling parrot. "Do you recall when the novelty began wearing off, Maw? Was it 1954?" "No, winter of '55, I believe." Burp Him or Change His Diaper? 279394

Here's a question for the dozens of parrot owners on the prairie. Do they ever stop saying the phrases they learn? When you teach them something new, does it push the old stuff out, or do they retain everything and just add the new stuff to their repertoire?
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Burp Him or Change His Diaper? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Burp Him or Change His Diaper?   Burp Him or Change His Diaper? EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 12:07 am

My aunt's best friend had a parrot who could actually WHISTLE. Since he had lost the first part of his tongue ( a bad guy had burned it before selling the por animal to my aunt's friend), he cannot play, but he learned quite fast how to whistle. He could whistle whole tangos and other kind of music.

My aunt's best friend died, but the parrot is still alive and now lives with another friend of the family. He is nearly 80! OhMy

Vanesa.

Burp Him or Change His Diaper? Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burp Him or Change His Diaper?   Burp Him or Change His Diaper? Empty

Back to top Go down

Burp Him or Change His Diaper?
Page 1 of 1