Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stuck in the 70s

Go down 
+2
HarrisonCrosby4387
Annie K Ingalls
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Annie K Ingalls
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 61
Mood : Stuck in the 70s Angelic

Stuck in the 70s Empty
PostSubject: Stuck in the 70s   Stuck in the 70s EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 1:23 am

My parents laugh at me because I simply love the music they grew up listening to; especially 70s music!
It's just soooooooo good! Ever since I watched Remember the Titans and heard Peace Train, I've been hopelessly in love with it.
Cat Stevens, Jim Croce, The Hollies, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Carole King, The Spinners, The Temptations (they are a bit earlier, but I still love them), Ike and Tina Turner...you name it, I most likely love it! Here is a list of a few favs of mine:

Cat Stevens: Cat's in the Cradle, Father and Son, The Wind
Jim Croce: I've Got a Name, Rapid Roy, I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song
Creedence: Up Around the Bend, Fortunate Son, Have you Ever Seen the Rain, Bad Moon Rising
The Hollies: Long, Cool Woman in a Black Dress (it's just so fun!)
Carole King: Home Again, Smackwater Jack, You've Got a Friend, Brother Brother
The Spinners: The Rubber Band Man
Nick Drake: From the Morning, Place to Be
Bachman-Turner Overdrive: Let it Ride

And the parentals say they're trying to forget the 70s and I won't let them with my music choices! laugh3

Is it as plainly in our living shown, by slant and twist, which way the wind hath blown?-Adelaide Crapsey
"There is nothing in life that is free except for the grace of God."-True Grit
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Stuck in the 70s Happy011

Stuck in the 70s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the 70s   Stuck in the 70s EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:50 pm

There is nothing wrong with that. Smile When I was little my mom would made me listen to oldies. I have had a love of older music ever since.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

Stuck in the 70s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the 70s   Stuck in the 70s EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 4:19 pm

I love music from the 1940s and 1950s, as well as movies from then. I used to feel I was born in the wrong time, but maybe if I was born then I would like things from like the 1920s.

What about TIME IN A BOTTLE? That's a nice one. My memories of '70s music include The Captain and Tenille, KC and the Sunshine Band (my sister loved them), and Barry Manilow. I also love Neil Diamond.
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Stuck in the 70s Pbucket

Stuck in the 70s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the 70s   Stuck in the 70s EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 4:24 pm

And don't forget The Osmonds! loveheart

Stuck in the 70s MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

Stuck in the 70s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the 70s   Stuck in the 70s EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 5:04 pm

Oh yeah, used to watch Donny and Marie being a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll every week.....even went to see them at my state fair!

Now if anyone else here actually remembers something called "Mr. Jaws" please let me know! (It was playing on the popularity of the JAWS movie but incorporated little bits of various then-popular songs.) I think we even may have had the 45 record of it.

And how could we forget the Jackson Five?

Did anyone else cut records out of the back of cereal boxes? We really had it made in the '70s, didn't we? Free records with our cereal!
Back to top Go down
Annie K Ingalls
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Mood : Stuck in the 70s Angelic

Stuck in the 70s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the 70s   Stuck in the 70s EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 3:15 pm

Oh yes! The Jackson 5 ABC's song, how could I forget! And I LOVE Time in a Bottle!

I don't really care for Barry Manilow, Bob Dillon or Elvis.

I love Peter, Paul, and Mary though!! Love the Wedding Song a TON!!

Is it as plainly in our living shown, by slant and twist, which way the wind hath blown?-Adelaide Crapsey
"There is nothing in life that is free except for the grace of God."-True Grit
Back to top Go down
Rider
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Rider

Mood : Stuck in the 70s Happy011

Stuck in the 70s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the 70s   Stuck in the 70s EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:08 am

Hey SIS!!! I <3 the 70s!!!!!!

Stuck in the 70s RIDER-banner
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : Stuck in the 70s Goodsi10

Stuck in the 70s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the 70s   Stuck in the 70s EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:44 pm

Annie K Ingalls wrote:
Oh yes! The Jackson 5 ABC's song, how could I forget! And I LOVE Time in a Bottle!

I don't really care for Barry Manilow, Bob Dillon or Elvis.

I love Peter, Paul, and Mary though!! Love the Wedding Song a TON!!

I agree about The Wedding Song....Although the entire group did not sing. It was Paul Stookey......probably the best wedding song

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stuck in the 70s Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the 70s   Stuck in the 70s Empty

Back to top Go down

Stuck in the 70s
Page 1 of 1