Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

In the Spotlight: wilderfan!

Go down 
+14
MissOleson
ChristinaAL
Lori
Gin
Amy
Carol
JW
Julia
Rob
alexczarn
Krissy
LIWnut
wilderfan
Savannah
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Happy010

In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Empty
PostSubject: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:13 pm

Tonight's spotlight focuses on one of our newest members - wilderfan. Thank you for taking the time to join in and let us all know a little more about you, Laura! (There was a little bit of technical difficulty with the photos, so Laura is going to post some pictures for us as soon as she's able. In the Spotlight: wilderfan! 70708 ) And now.........

Getting to Know Wilderfan

How did you get interested in LHOTP? My grandmother gave me the first season when I was nine and I have loved it ever since :)

Which came first for you: the books or the TV series? Actually, both. For my ninth birthday I received the movies from one grandmother, and the books from the other.

If you’ve read any of the books, which one do you like best? Oh, That’s a hard one, but I really liked The First Four Years.

How often do you watch the TV series? Every Wednesday, and Friday night :)

Have you watched other productions of LH? If so, did you like them? Yes, I enjoyed them but not a much as LHOTP :)

Did you get to see the LHOTP musical with Melissa Gilbert? Not live but on YouTube.

Do you have a favorite character? Laura Ingalls Wilder (Mostly b/c I go by my middle name, Laura:) )

Do you believe that the moral lessons that Little House taught helped to make you a better person? Yes

Is there an episode that stands out in your mind as a favorite? Several: Town Party, Country Party, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Sweet Sixteen, Back to School, Founders Day, Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow, and I think I'll stop there :)

Do any of the episodes move you to tears? If so, why? If they do it's mostly b/c some one died or almost died, or I cry tears of Joy (but that is very rare:) )

Who do you most relate to? Laura

Where were you born? South Carolina

How many states/places have you lived in? Six

How many people are in your family? Nine

Have you ever been married? / Are you married? No, I'm 16 :)

Do you have children? No

Do any others in your family share your affection for Little House on the Prairie and Laura Ingalls Wilder’s work? All of them.

Have you met any of the cast members? No, but I want too.

Do you own anything Little House related? Movies, Books, Costumes, etc..

Have you met any of the board members? Not in Person :)

How long have you been a member on the LH board? A week or two, I think

What are some things that you enjoy doing to relax? Fishing, Horseback Riding, Swimming, etc...

What season do you like best? Spring, summer, autumn or winter? Spring and Autumn

What season were you born in? Spring

What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

What has been your biggest challenge? Taking a test for school, I had to take three times, that contained over 2000 questions!!

What are some of your best memories? Living in Arizona

How did you find this board? Google

What is one of the things you like best about our LH board? There are so many things that I can't choose!!

Were you shy or outgoing as a child? Very Outgoing
In the Spotlight: wilderfan! 2952

What did you want to be when you were growing up, and did that pan out? A Teacher, and I'm still hoping to be one.
In the Spotlight: wilderfan! 712511

What was your first pet? Three Puppies

Did you go to your prom? If so, what was the theme & style of the time? Nope
In the Spotlight: wilderfan! 335724
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:20 pm

I didn't know that the Little House musical is on youtube! Guess I know what I'll be checking out soon! You have such a nice-sized family! I always wanted more siblings when I was a little girl. (Preferably a sister or two because I don't have any. In the Spotlight: wilderfan! 440956 ) And....A test with 2000 questions?? In the Spotlight: wilderfan! 184143 My stars!! VERY cool that you want to be a teacher!

Back to top Go down
wilderfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
wilderfan

Number of posts : 41
Mood : In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:27 pm

Thanks Savannah!!! I'm going to try and upload some pics tomorrow!!

"But I knew that someday I would become Laura Ingalls Wilder." ~ Laura Ingalls - Back to School Part II
In the Spotlight: wilderfan! 41590_339995506848_4616451_q In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Laura_prairie In the Spotlight: wilderfan! 41787_8720602332_60578_q
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:50 pm

Great job Wilderfan. Welcome to the prairie.

In the Spotlight: wilderfan! MarilynKeeper In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Headac10

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:56 pm

nice to meet you.... Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Nice to know more about you Laura! Woopeedoo someone else loves fishing. grinsmiley

In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 11:17 pm

So nice to find out more about you, wilderfan! You're going to make a fine addition to our Prairie family. In the Spotlight: wilderfan! 70708
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 11:34 pm

Very interesting! :)

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

In the Spotlight: wilderfan! JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Happy011

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:03 am

Nice to meet you Smile

In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Jacobk10In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:18 am

Hi Laura, nice to know more about you!

I'm now looking on youtube for the LH Musical! Laughing

In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 9:13 am

Great that you want to be a teacher, Laura! We certainly need more good ones out there! Thumbsup

Welcome to the prairie! Wave

(And wow, I had no idea the LH musical was on youtube either!! This is exciting!!! Applause )
Back to top Go down
wilderfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
wilderfan

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 1:52 pm

Thanks Guys!!

"But I knew that someday I would become Laura Ingalls Wilder." ~ Laura Ingalls - Back to School Part II
In the Spotlight: wilderfan! 41590_339995506848_4616451_q In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Laura_prairie In the Spotlight: wilderfan! 41787_8720602332_60578_q
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 3:27 pm

BRAVO! Sounds like your Grandma's got you a couple of awesome gifts. My Grandma couldn't understand why I would want to own the books if I had already read them!
This is a great way to get to know you...thanks!

In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 8:42 pm

Wave

In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Lorike10
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:41 pm

Welcome, Wilderfan! I didn't know the Little House musical was on YouTube either! I'll have to check it out In the Spotlight: wilderfan! 811339

In the Spotlight: wilderfan! ChristinaKeeper2 In the Spotlight: wilderfan! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:31 pm

I can't find the musical on youtube----I can only find short clips/teasers. Can you share the link please, Laura? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 7:27 pm

The musical is on Youtube? Yes, please, tell us the link. Thanks! grinsmiley

Nice to meet you, by the way. Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:02 am

Hello, Laura! I liked your answers very much...and I like both of yur grannies since they showed to you some of the LHOTP love when they gave you the books and the TV series!

And I didn't know that the Musical was in Youtube...I run to check it out!

Vanesa. Thumbsup

In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am

I'm just seeing this now. It's nice to meet you, Laura. I enjoyed reading your answers.

In the Spotlight: wilderfan! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
wilderfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
wilderfan

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 7:11 am

Amy wrote:
I can't find the musical on youtube----I can only find short clips/teasers. Can you share the link please, Laura? Thanks!

You know it had been so long, It might have been deleted or something. I'll check it out for you :)

Back to top Go down
J.v.Hunen
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:29 pm

Nice to read about you Laura and you wil be teaching .I hope youre find Almanzo and you can write lhop 2011 hihi
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:21 am

Me too! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:18 am

-

In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Alexke11

Last edited by alexczarn on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 1:46 am

Nice to know you, Wilderfan!!

Leaves In the Spotlight: wilderfan! RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: wilderfan!   In the Spotlight: wilderfan! Empty

Back to top Go down

In the Spotlight: wilderfan!
Page 1 of 1