Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lilah Bishop

Go down 
+3
Amy
Krissy
alexczarn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Lilah Bishop Happy010

Lilah Bishop Empty
PostSubject: Lilah Bishop   Lilah Bishop EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:05 am

This article was in The Advertiser today...how sad.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/little-girls-bravery-an-inspiration/story-fn6bqpju-1226070572618

Lilah Bishop 573453-littlelilah

Little Lilah Bishop has only days to live before a rare brain tumour takes her from this world.

As her beautiful, but tragic, 19-month life nears its end, her heartbroken, yet inspired, parents have just one wish for the future.

"Relish in the simple things with your children. Never take anything for granted when you are with them," Andrea Bishop told The Advertiser.

"We celebrate every month, every day, every second and every breath we have with her. We understand some people will see Lilah and shed a tear, but we want positive things to come from her journey."

At seven months pregnant, Mrs Bishop was induced and told her soon-to-be-born baby had a less-than-5-per-cent chance of living beyond a few minutes after birth.

Lilah is suffering from craniopharyngioma - there have been just five documented cases of the tumour occurring while a baby is still in the womb - and she has already survived eight months longer than anyone else diagnosed with her condition.

"We were told the tumour was growing over sites in her brain, which would prevent her from breathing, seeing and affect her ability to learn, yet she continues to do all those things. She is our miracle baby," Mrs Bishop, of Colonel Light Gardens, said.

"We think she has lived off love. The love from her family and all those who have met or thought about her."

Last month, Lilah was too unwell to celebrate so her family decided to issue a challenge to all the friends they would have invited to her 19th-month anniversary on May 20.

"We wrote a letter telling everyone to live life for Lilah on this day," she said.

"Do things that Lilah could not do on that day. Have fun with your children, spend the time that you would have spent at the party together as a family and then tell us and Lilah what you did."

The response was overwhelming - more than 76 people so far have written back and hundreds have sent messages describing how they spent Lilah's day enjoying their family's love.

A Facebook site for Lilah has attracted thousands of comments from cancer sufferers, parents and well-wishers from as far away as Kenya and Lebanon.

Her story also has inspired candles to be lit for her at churches in Italy and Austria.

"When you have a child who does not have long to live, you want to see her leave a legacy. She has touched so many people. She has affected more people in 19 months than most people do in a lifetime," Mrs Bishop said.

Lilah Bishop Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Lilah Bishop Headac10

Lilah Bishop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lilah Bishop   Lilah Bishop EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 9:31 am

so sad

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Lilah Bishop Love-s10

Lilah Bishop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lilah Bishop   Lilah Bishop EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:55 am

alexczarn wrote:
"When you have a child who does not have long to live, you want to see her leave a legacy. She has touched so many people. She has affected more people in 19 months than most people do in a lifetime," Mrs Bishop said.

And that is what is amazing about this. She has some remarkable parents, that is for certain. It IS sad, but this is beautiful too....I totally believe in her mother's theory, that her parents and family's love has helped her to thrive as long as she has. That picture is beautiful....although my initial instinct was to shed a tear, after reading the article, looking back at it made me smile.loveheart
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Lilah Bishop Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423

Lilah Bishop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lilah Bishop   Lilah Bishop EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:53 pm

Amy wrote:
alexczarn wrote:

And that is what is amazing about this. She has some remarkable parents, that is for certain. It IS sad, but this is beautiful too....I totally believe in her mother's theory, that her parents and family's love has helped her to thrive as long as she has. That picture is beautiful....although my initial instinct was to shed a tear, after reading the article, looking back at it made me smile.Lilah Bishop 6472

I totally agree. While my heart breaks for the family, knowing that she doesn't have long for this world...their positive attitude, and way of taking joy in the time that they have is truly beautiful and inspiring.

Andrea Bishop wrote:
"Relish in the simple things with your children. Never take anything
for granted when you are with them," Andrea Bishop told The Advertiser.

This is one of my life-goals - to never take for granted the people I love....to cherish every moment I have with them, because there's no guarantee that they (or I) will be here tomorrow, even if they're young and healthy. Life doesn't have any such guarantees.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Lilah Bishop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lilah Bishop   Lilah Bishop EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:36 pm

Savannah wrote:
Andrea Bishop wrote:
"Relish in the simple things with your children. Never take anything
for granted when you are with them," Andrea Bishop told The Advertiser.

This is one of my life-goals - to never take for granted the people I love....to cherish every moment I have with them, because there's no guarantee that they (or I) will be here tomorrow, even if they're young and healthy. Life doesn't have any such guarantees.

Absolutely. yes

Smiley Hug
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Lilah Bishop Bokmal10

Lilah Bishop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lilah Bishop   Lilah Bishop EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 12:10 am

I also wanted to cry after reading this article, but Lilah's parents didn't share their story to make us cry. They wanted to show us they will spend every single day as if it was the last one they shuld live with her daughter, for they loves her deeply. Even if they know she'll die, they didn't considers her as an "already dead" baby. Lilah is still alive and they will be not mourning her before her departure to the beatiful shore. Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Lilah Bishop Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Lilah Bishop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lilah Bishop   Lilah Bishop EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 11:43 am

Vanesa wrote:
I also wanted to cry after reading this article, but Lilah's parents didn't share their story to make us cry. They wanted to show us they will spend every single day as if it was the last one they shuld live with her daughter, for they loves her deeply. Even if they know she'll die, they didn't considers her as an "already dead" baby. Lilah is still alive and they will be not mourning her before her departure to the beatiful shore. Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Beautifully written, Vanesa. So heartfelt it almost made me cry! bawling Your English is getting better and beter.....and better! Smiley Hug
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : Lilah Bishop Goodsi10

Lilah Bishop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lilah Bishop   Lilah Bishop EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 12:25 pm

Amy wrote:
Your English is getting better and beter.....

That zing you heard was the irony meter going right off the scale.

Lilah Bishop Ec6c84422835

Lilah Bishop 440956 (sometimes it's fun to be me)
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Lilah Bishop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lilah Bishop   Lilah Bishop EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 11:58 pm

Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:
Your English is getting better and beter.....

That zing you heard was the irony meter going right off the scale.

Lilah Bishop Ec6c84422835

Lilah Bishop 440956 (sometimes it's fun to be me)

Oh, Rob! Don't be so MEAN! greenS HeeHee

And thanks, Amy! I try t improve my English writing here and in other Forums day by day. If yu are learning a language you must practice it a lot...and noticing how its native speakers speaks and writes it. Smile

Vanesa.

Lilah Bishop Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

Lilah Bishop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lilah Bishop   Lilah Bishop EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:07 pm

LILAH Bishop only lived for 19 months, but her story touched thousands.

Lilah died in June from a rare brain tumour that filled three quarters of her skull but the little girl attracted more than 30 nominations for the Child of Courage medal, a record in the category.

She was not eligible to win the medal but she was awarded a silver pin of recognition by Advertiser Newspapers managing director Ish Davies yesterday.

Little Lilah's mother Andrea, father Nic and sisters Jemima and Madeline accepted the pin.

"It was so nice to have her honoured in that way," Mrs Bishop said yesterday.

"We felt privileged to be counted amongst the other award winners.

"People have asked how we compose ourselves after losing a loved one. It is hard but we try to think of all the good things and times we had with our beautiful girl.

"It is surprising that such a simple message (to spend more time loving your kids), can reach so many people and help them."

Other winners included Jacob Aciek Mayen who won the Fair Go Medal for his work in setting up the Allfaces Basketball League, which aims to help Sudanese and Chinese youths.

Mr Mayen, 24, is a refugee from Sudan who arrived in Australia when he was 18 after surviving for a decade in a Kenyan camp.

His league has grown from humble beginnings to cover more than 100 young people.

"I choose to do it because most of them are involved in drugs and drinking and a lot of other crime," he said.

Mr Mayen's intention is to help by giving them other, more positive, ways to use their time and to preach the benefits of teamwork.

Winner of the Environment Medal Pauline Frost urged people to do more to look after their local communities.

"I just hope I live long enough to plant one more forest," she said.

"If I don't go out and plant once a week, I feel sick.

"Go out and volunteer and adopt a park. You will be so pleased you did."

Christine Pinnegar won the Community Spirit medal for her role as a foster mother to more than 300 children over 31 years.

"It was a surprise and a privilege . . . even to just be here was a privilege," Ms Pinnegar said of her win.

"I'm not someone special, I'm just a mum."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/in-depth/lilahs-courageous-spirit-lives-forever/story-e6freca3-1226121585815

Lilah Bishop Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

Lilah Bishop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lilah Bishop   Lilah Bishop EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:17 pm

God sends these little ones to teach us how to live. Some he leaves here for awhile and makes it a process...Helen Keller comes to mind. Lilah will be in Heaven playing with other children without a care or problem one. That is so encouraging.

Lilah Bishop Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Lilah Bishop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lilah Bishop   Lilah Bishop EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:44 pm

No one lives without a purpose. Lilah Bishop has one: to touch people's heart. It was more than most of us do in long lives of 80 years or more...

Lilah is now in heaven, playing with other little angels like she was. loveheart

Vanesa.

Lilah Bishop Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lilah Bishop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lilah Bishop   Lilah Bishop Empty

Back to top Go down

Lilah Bishop
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: