Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

In the Spotlight: Lori!

Go down 
+14
MissOleson
Prairie Dweller
Misti
Ruth
Amy
Julia
pamh36
Gin
Rob
bethandmanly
Lori
alexczarn
Krissy
Savannah
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
In the Spotlight: Lori! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : In the Spotlight: Lori! Happy010

In the Spotlight: Lori! Empty
PostSubject: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Here it is another Friday night - which means a new Spotlight! In the Spotlight: Lori! 921247  I'm really enjoying these! In the Spotlight: Lori! 811339 In this week's spotlight is Lori, who has been a member here for coming up on ten years now!  In the Spotlight: Lori! 39447 Thank you for giving us the opportunity to get to know you a little more about you, Lori!

Getting to Know Lori!

In the Spotlight: Lori! Lorib10

How did you get interested in LHOTP? I watched it when it originally aired.

Which came first for you: the books or the TV series? The TV series, which eventually led me to ask for the books for Christmas. I got the yellow boxed set.

If you’ve read any of the books, which one do you like best? I have read them all. My favorites are Little House in the Big Woods, Farmer Boy, and These Happy Golden Years.

How often do you watch the TV series? I don't watch it much anymore. I have them all on DVD so I can watch them when I want, or I occasionally catch an episode on Hallmark.

Have you watched other productions of LH? If so, did you like them? Yes, I have watched Beyond the Prairie and the ABC production. I liked Beyond the Prairie better than the ABC version.

Did you get to see the LHOTP musical with Melissa Gilbert? No

Do you have a favorite character? Laura

Do you believe that the moral lessons that Little House taught helped to make you a better person? No, being raised in a Christian home and going to a Christian school was the biggest influence.

Is there an episode that stands out in your mind as a favorite? There are many great episodes, but Back to School is one of my favorites.

Do any of the episodes move you to tears? If so, why? No, I think I've seen them too many times.

Who do you most relate to? Laura, even though I'm not much like her.

Where were you born? Ohio

How many states/places have you lived in? I've lived in two states.

How many people are in your family? 4

Have you ever been married? / Are you married? I'm married.

In the Spotlight: Lori! Lori_f10

Do you have children? 2 girls.

In the Spotlight: Lori! Kara_e10

Do any others in your family share your affection for Little House on the Prairie and Laura Ingalls Wilder’s work? The kids used to watch them when they were little. Erin still watches sometimes. They have both read a book or two, but I could never get them to read them all.

Have you met any of the cast members? No.

Do you own anything Little House related? We have Kevin Hagen's autograph.

Have you met any of the board members? No. (**Savannah's side-note...I'd like to change that someday, Lori!  
In the Spotlight: Lori! 185146 )

How long have you been a member on the LH board? Since the end of 2001, I think.

What are some things that you enjoy doing to relax? Relax? I don't do much of that anymore.

What season do you like best? Spring, summer, autumn or winter? Fall.

What season were you born in? Spring

What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

What are some of your best memories? Growing up in a small town, I could ride my bike all over town.

How did you find this board? When the kids were little, a Christian station started showing LH each evening so we would watch it. I hadn't seen it in years (not since the internet was was available) so I started searching Little House on the internet and came across the board.

What is one of the things you like best about our LH board? We have lots of nice people on here.

Were you shy or outgoing as a child? Shy

What did you want to be when you were growing up, and did that pan out? Detective, archeologist, scientist. Um, no.

What was your first pet? A dog

Did you go to your prom? If so, what was the theme & style of the time? We didn't have prom at my Christian school. We had a Junior/Senior banquet. I don't recall a theme. There weren't many decorations. I wore a Gunnie Sax dress that was kind of prairie style.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks again, Lori! Nice to get to know you a little better!  
In the Spotlight: Lori! 811339
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : In the Spotlight: Lori! Headac10

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 7:47 pm

Thumbsup nice to meet ya

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 11:14 pm

Nice to know more about you Lori. Smile

Are these going to be a weekly Friday night thing now Savannah? If so it will give me something to look forward to at the weekend. greenS

In the Spotlight: Lori! Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:49 pm

batEyes

In the Spotlight: Lori! Lorike10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : In the Spotlight: Lori! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Great to learn more about you Lori. You have a lovely family.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : In the Spotlight: Lori! Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:58 pm

Really nice getting to know you, Lori! In the Spotlight: Lori! 70708
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : In the Spotlight: Lori! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:52 pm

This is really a nice way of getting to know you Lori. You have a sweet looking family. In the second photo, your daughter on the right looks a little like a younger Reese Witherspoon!

In the Spotlight: Lori! Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:12 pm

I enjoyed reading your answers, Lori. So nice to get to know you better. Smile

In the Spotlight: Lori! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : In the Spotlight: Lori! Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:44 pm

Nice to know you Miss Lori!

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

In the Spotlight: Lori! JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:44 pm

I think it should be Mrs.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:46 pm

alexczarn wrote:
Are these going to be a weekly Friday night thing now Savannah? If so it will give me something to look forward to at the weekend. In the Spotlight: Lori! 702150

I'm hoping for it to be! If I can keep up, it'll be a Friday night feature. In the Spotlight: Lori! 70708

Gin wrote:
In the second photo, your daughter on the right looks a little like a younger Reese Witherspoon!

You're right!
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Well if you need some help, I'll be happy to help out.

Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:49 pm

Do you have to submit photos for the spotlight?

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:50 pm

Thank you! If things get too busy I'll take you up on that!

Julia, no you don't have to submit photos. I just thought it would be nice to have a picture or two to go with the Spotlight. It isn't required by any means, though. Whatever each person is comfortable sharing is what I'll post. I don't want to make anyone uneasy.
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:51 pm

Savannah wrote:
Thank you! If things get too busy I'll take you up on that!

Julia, no you don't have to submit photos. I just thought it would be nice to have a picture or two to go with the Spotlight. It isn't required by any means, though. Whatever each person is comfortable sharing is what I'll post. I don't want to make anyone uneasy.

Okay. Well pre-warn me before you put me in the spotlight. LOL!

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:54 pm

I always do. In the Spotlight: Lori! 70708 Everyone will get a notice a couple of days before their turn comes up.
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:57 pm

I didn't.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:59 pm

Yes you did, because I asked which pics you wanted used. In the Spotlight: Lori! 135245 PLUS, you volunteered!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:00 pm

Lori, I meant to mention, too, that I think it's cool that you have Kevin Hagen's autograph! He was just such a nice man!
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Savannah wrote:
I always do. In the Spotlight: Lori! 70708 Everyone will get a notice a couple of days before their turn comes up.

Well yay then! HeeHee

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:53 am

Thanks, everyone. I look forward to learning more about you, too.

In the Spotlight: Lori! Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:10 am

This is so cool! Thumbsup Lori, it was nice getting to know you even better....it's funny that we've shared this board for 10 years and there is still so much to learn! Smile

I agree with everyone else...you have such a lovely family. yes

Savannah wrote:
Have you met any of the board members? No. (**Savannah's side-note...I'd like to change that someday, Lori! )

Me too....we live way too close to each other not to make that happen. yes
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 3:04 pm

I want to send photos too when its my turn....so give me a weeks notice please. HA!

In the Spotlight: Lori! Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : In the Spotlight: Lori! Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:32 pm

Nice reading about you,Lori Smile

Leaves In the Spotlight: Lori! RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 8:42 am

I love this! Nice job, Sannah and Lori! I remember years ago we would occasionally post "bios" on each person. As new people joined we would expand it year to year. I am so glad we now have an "updated" version of that! grinsmiley

In the Spotlight: Lori! HummerIn the Spotlight: Lori! MistiKeeperIn the Spotlight: Lori! Bookclub5In the Spotlight: Lori! Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Lori!   In the Spotlight: Lori! Empty

Back to top Go down

In the Spotlight: Lori!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next