Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My work evaluation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : My work evaluation Happy011

My work evaluation Empty
PostSubject: My work evaluation   My work evaluation EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 8:29 pm

I had my first evaluation for being a pharmacy technician today and my supervisor really didn't give me that great of an eval. I work my butt off for that place and I get nothing. It makes me so mad. My aunt works there and she thinks I do a wonderful job and so do some of my coworkers. I am not perfect, but I think the eval should have been better. I want to quit that job so bad and go somewhere else, but it's hard to get hired here in Pittsburgh, plus I am not certified yet, so I am stuck at this place. In the mean time I am and going to try and look for jobs that are not in the health care field. I don't like working in health care because you never get off and have to work nights a lot. I just want the typical 9 to 5 job, lol. I really want to work in entertainment, but I don't know where to look. I wouldn't mind if I had to work a lot in entertainment thought because that is where my true passion lies. I really want to be a voice over artist, but that's really hard to get into.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : My work evaluation Party010

My work evaluation Empty
PostSubject: Re: My work evaluation   My work evaluation EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 8:39 pm

Sorry to hear that Beckie. It's a given in any occupation that how hard you ACTUALLY work and how hard they THINK you work are two different things.
You're young. You have plenty of time to find your niche. Just nose around and see what's out there, if you decide to leave where you're at.
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

My work evaluation Empty
PostSubject: Re: My work evaluation   My work evaluation EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 8:47 pm

Thanks for the advice Larry, it shed some light on this situation. :)

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : My work evaluation Purple2

My work evaluation Empty
PostSubject: Re: My work evaluation   My work evaluation EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 8:54 pm

Lennon does voice overs, I wonder if he could point you in the right direction........in the meantime, hang in there, jobs are hard to find anywhere......... Wave

My work evaluation Rhonda10My work evaluation Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

My work evaluation Empty
PostSubject: Re: My work evaluation   My work evaluation EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 9:19 pm

I asked him a couple times and he never answered me, lol.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : My work evaluation Purple2

My work evaluation Empty
PostSubject: Re: My work evaluation   My work evaluation EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 9:25 pm

OH...oops :shy: He is a busy person, I am a mod at PT and I can't keep up with him..... :haha:

My work evaluation Rhonda10My work evaluation Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

My work evaluation Empty
PostSubject: Re: My work evaluation   My work evaluation EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 9:27 pm

Yeah I know you are a mod over there. :)

Yup he is one busy dude. I talk to him often on myspace though. grinsmiley

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
My work evaluation LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : My work evaluation Vianne10

My work evaluation Empty
PostSubject: Re: My work evaluation   My work evaluation EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 10:11 pm

Awww sorry to hear that Beckie, sounds like your supervisor can't appreciate a good worker. But hang in there, don't quit your job until you have something already lined up. They have classified section in myspace too, why don't you post there and you never know. Good luck to ya girl!!!

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : My work evaluation Bokmal10

My work evaluation Empty
PostSubject: Re: My work evaluation   My work evaluation EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 11:25 pm

Did you tell your supervisor that you thought it was an unfair evaluation? If you feel you have a legitmate gripe, I would say something. Wait a few days to make sure you won't get too emotional when you approach him/her. Bring specific examples of what you're doing there that exceeds the expectations of your job descripton so that he/she knows why you are arguing over the evaluation.

The one thing to keep in mind is that his/her (unstated) job is to get as much work out of his/her employees for as little money as possible, which is a direct opposite of why you are working.

Still, it doesn't hurt to pursue other interests while you're working there. Who knows, maybe you'll get your lucky break and we'll turn the TV on one day and say, "Hey, that's Beckie's voice!"

Good luck!

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

My work evaluation Empty
PostSubject: Re: My work evaluation   My work evaluation EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 10:42 am

Thanks girls. grinsmiley Yeah I would never quit until I had another job lined up. I am going to wait until my next eval and if it is worse or doesn't get much better, then I'll start looking elswhere.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My work evaluation Empty
PostSubject: Re: My work evaluation   My work evaluation Empty

Back to top Go down

My work evaluation
Page 1 of 1