HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Raela

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5919
Mood :

PostSubject: Raela   Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:51 pm

Wow...this is big...sorry!

I just had to share this picture and story about my cousin's little girl Raela.
She has Down's Syndrome and is doing really well in school now. She was 5 in March. At school they talked about parts of the body and how they work. She had been going around for awhile saying how her "arms reach" or how her "feet stomp."
She lives with her Grandparents and her Popaw picks her up from school each day. One day last week she and Popaw went by Walmart on their way home from school. Like many Down's kids she's a bit chunky so my uncle told her she would need to walk beside the cart. She liked that idea alot and helped get items they needed. At one point my uncle was reading a label and not watching Raela, at the same time he turned to look her way she reached over to a lady that was bent over and polietly slapped the lady on her bottom. In a great big voice she said "Bottom's get spanked!" When Raela noticed the surpised look on the lady's face, she pointed to my uncle and said "Popaw did it!" My poor uncle just closed his eyes.
He apologized to the lady and heaved Raela into the cart. Heavy or not she has to ride now.

It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19956
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Raela   Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:54 pm

GIN!!! She has gotten SO big.....Love the story.....and these children have the BIGGEST hearts full of the BIGGEST LOVE!!! Love

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5178
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Raela   Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:46 am

Rhonda wrote:
GIN!!! She has gotten SO big.....Love the story.....and these children have the BIGGEST hearts full of the BIGGEST LOVE!!! Love

What a bright smile! I love it...and her eyes are plenty of spunk.Raela looks so sweet and happy! Love

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Number of posts : 8656
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Raela   Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:46 am

My friend's little sister, Vivian, also has Down's Syndrome. I love her! She is so sweet! loveheart

This lady in the congregation used to sing to Vivian, when she was smaller, a certain lullaby that required you to make certain gestures that went with the words of the song. Well, years pass and Vivian never forgets! When service is over and everyone is walking around greeting each other and Vivian comes to greet the lady, she always starts singing the song and doing the movements. It is so cute! lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5987

PostSubject: Re: Raela   Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:58 pm

That's a cute story!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52511
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Raela   Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:01 pm

GG wrote:
When Raela noticed the surpised look on the lady's face, she pointed to my uncle and said "Popaw did it!" My poor uncle just closed his eyes.
He apologized to the lady and heaved Raela into the cart. Heavy or not she has to ride now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 23099
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Raela   Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Rob wrote:
GG wrote:
When Raela noticed the surpised look on the lady's face, she pointed to my uncle and said "Popaw did it!" My poor uncle just closed his eyes.

Naughty girl!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Number of posts : 4810
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Raela   Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:29 pm

OMG, that is so cute. What an adorable little girl she is too!

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Raela   Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:12 pm

Keep Raela in your prayers this week. She will be going to Arkansas Childrens hospital for something as simple as getting fillings for her teeth. She goes here for all her appointments because she has a heart condition they have to monitor. Thanks. (This is a photo I took of her in June!) When I saw this shot I couldn't help but think: THIS is what God looks like.

It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37837
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Raela   Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:06 pm

shes a cuite girl!

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Number of posts : 4810
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Raela   Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Aww, such a happy looking little girl. Hope all goes well with her. Smile

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19956
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Raela   Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:42 pm

pray Raela will have my prayers.....My oldest, BJ always has to take antibiotics before any dental work because he was born with a hole in his heart (which has closed up) but to be safe, he takes them before any and all dental procedures.....

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13378
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Raela   Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Sorry I missed this before Gin. What a sweetie pie, just look at that smile!! Love Everthing went well with the fillings, I presume? Hope so.

Love the shopping story! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Raela   Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:10 pm

Well, it all got postponed til this week. SO, yes please keep her in mind. Also, she will be starting public school this year also. She is excited, and really loves school. She has her naughty moments, she had to take her shoes off for a few days as she came to school last year because she threw them at the teacher, but after that little punishment she learned her lesson. HA! Honestly, she is too smart for her own good!
I'm sure I will have more Raela moments coming soon....I get to see her when we take Nathan to college next weekend. SO if I'm lucky I might have another picture to share.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5178
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Raela   Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:13 pm

I'll keep Raela in my prayers. I missed your last message, and I'm sorry for it. Blue Raela looks so happy laughing this way! Yes...If God could smile, His smile must be similar to Raela's one.

Vanesa

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13378
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Raela   Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:33 pm

Vanesa wrote:
Raela looks so happy laughing this way! Yes...If God could smile, His smile must be similar to Raela's one.

Vanesa

I love that. Love

I hope Raela adjusts ok to public school. Scary. Keep us posted!

And yikes, only ONE week until Nathan goes off to college?!?! OhMy How are you holding up, Gin??? bawling
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37837
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Raela   Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:17 pm

im sure she will do fine Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raela   Today at 3:27 am

Back to top Go down

Raela
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Pen & Plow’s Entertainment Section :: Photography, Pictures & Art-
Jump to: