Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scariest movie?

Go down 
+12
RoseRed
pamh36
Lily
Rhonda
Amy
Carol
LM
Savannah
ChristinaAL
flatbroke
Misti
Rob
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Scariest movie? Goodsi10

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 9:46 pm

What do you think is the all-time scariest movie? Brenda mentioned The Exorcist in the "Have you read that book?" thread on Prairie Playground, and I think the movie version ranks as my personal scariest. When Linda Blair does that "spider-walk" down the stairs... OhMy

What's yours?
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Scariest movie? Happy010

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 9:52 pm

I have to say "The Exorcist" too. I've seen the regular version, but not the unrated version. Is it that much scarier than the regular one?

To this day, hubby refuses to watch it. He doesn't like scary movies along that line.

Scariest movie? HummerScariest movie? MistiKeeperScariest movie? Bookclub5Scariest movie? Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Scariest movie? Party010

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 10:04 pm

Misti wrote:
I have to say "The Exorcist" too. I've seen the regular version, but not the unrated version. Is it that much scarier than the regular one?

To this day, hubby refuses to watch it. He doesn't like scary movies along that line.

I'm with y'all. The Exorcist.

yeah Misti, the unrated was a little better. I don't think you see the spiderwalk in the original.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 10:28 pm

flatbroke wrote:
Misti wrote:

I'm with y'all. The Exorcist.

yeah Misti, the unrated was a little better. I don't think you see the spiderwalk in the original.

Nope, it doesn't. I'm just scared if I watched it, I would have nightmares. Even at my age, scary movies still do that to me at night. Although the last one I watched, "Saw III" didn't give me nightmares.

Scariest movie? HummerScariest movie? MistiKeeperScariest movie? Bookclub5Scariest movie? Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 10:49 pm

I can't watch scary movies at all. I'm such a baby when it comes to them. They don't give me nightmares, they just make me too afraid to turn the lights off and go to sleep! LOL.

Scariest movie? ChristinaKeeper2 Scariest movie? 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Scariest movie? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 10:53 pm

Well........it was pretty scary when Fievel fell overboard in "An American Tale"! affraid

:Hahaha: Yeah.......I don't watch scary movies.
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 11:44 pm

I'm glad "the spider-walk" was explained. Thanks! I know I've seen The Exorcist several times and never saw that scene. I was thinking.. "Hmm, sounds like a scene from The Grudge." LOL!

The Exorcist has it's share of scrary stuff, but The Omen is a bit scarier, IMO. I can watch several horror movies that deal with the supernatural, posession, or along those lines, but I can't deal with blood and gore. Someone mentioned SAW III. Eeek! I couldn't even get through the first 20 minutes of SAW, let alone parts II & III.

I hated The Ring! Uggh! I couldn't get any sense out of it.

I think the first two Poltergiest movies are pretty good/scary.

Has anyone here ever seen the old classic horror film, The Innocents? That's a pretty good and creepy movie for the time...starring one of my fave actresses, Deborah Kerr.

Scariest movie? LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 1:24 am

The 3 top scaries movies for me:

The Exorcist
Salem's Lot
The Omen

I can't believe I watched the above movies when I was 11 or 12.... pretty scary stuff.

I also can't watch too much blood, I can't watch 'Saw'.

LM I agree... there were some scenes in Poltergeist that were pretty scary.

Scariest movie? Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Scariest movie? Love-s10

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 9:46 am

I am a major whimp and can't handle scary movies AT ALL. But I have seen the Exorcist and the Omen and both of those were VERY scary, but I'd have to rank Exorcist as THE scariest. I do remember though, when I was a teen, I was babysitting at someone's house and watched Ammityville Horror on their HBO, and FREAKED out!! help Talk about frightening!! OhMy There is ONE 'scary' movie that I actually loved though, and that was "The Sixth Sense". I really did get scared in that one, but it was a good kind of scared. Oh, I just thought of another one! Nightmare on Elm Street!!! Ugh, Freddy Kruger!! Eeeek!! I guess for a person who hates these, I have seen a few! Whistle

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Scariest movie? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 11:51 am

Amy!! LOL, I did the same thing. I watched a horror movie when I was a teen, babysitting in an old farmhouse. It happened to be a "dark and stormy night" and I was terrified every time I heard the house creak! LOL!

I do watch older Hitchcock movies, and "scary" movies from the 30's, 40's, 50's etc............but I haven't seen many of the more modern fright films. If I watched them alone, I'd be terrified, and if I watched them with someone, I'd cut off the circulation to their arm, clinging with an iron grip to them.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21161
Mood : Scariest movie? Purple2

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 1:45 pm

Has anyone seen "The Leprechaun"? I watched that one night and my oldest watched it as well. He was around 9 or 10 and it scared the heebie-jeebies out of him. All I had to do the rest of the night was walk up behind him and grab his ankle...he thought he was GOT! ROTFL He had a terrible time going to sleep that night too....No

I do agree that The Exorcist was pretty scary, but I saw it on TV the other night and couldn't believe how 'unreal' it seems now....I guess with all the new technology to make something look real has improved so much....I did laugh at a couple parts.........:unsure:

Scariest movie? Rhonda10Scariest movie? Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Scariest movie? LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Scariest movie? Vianne10

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 2:49 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Has anyone seen "The Leprechaun"? I watched that one night and my oldest watched it as well. He was around 9 or 10 and it scared the heebie-jeebies out of him. All I had to do the rest of the night was walk up behind him and grab his ankle...he thought he was GOT! ROTFL He had a terrible time going to sleep that night too....No

Shame on you Rhonda for tormenting your son like that.......... affraid ROTFL

The Exorcist is the most scariest movies I know. I had just gotten my own apartment when I first watched this movie, the place was pretty much empty..........when you talk you could acutally hear echos. I got so scared after the movie, I went back to my parents' house (next door) for that night. LOL I'm such a wimp for horror movies but won't you believe horror films are my favorite to watch?!..........go figure! I guess it's the thrill being scared. lol

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 2:55 pm

If you have DirecTV, you get the Chiller channel Thumbsup (#255)
They give horror and sci-fi, and feature series like Tales from the Crypt and Alfred Hitchcock Presents, as well as movies like The Shining, Blade Runner, and Psycho. They'll be showing Poltergeist this Saturday I think.

http://chillertv.com/

I like watching Alfred Hitchcock Movie Popcorn

Scariest movie? Horses10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 7:39 pm

I remember thinking that The Exorcist was scary when I was younger, but I recently borrowed the uncut version from my brother and didn't find it to be scary at all. The special effects really weren't very realistic at all. Maybe I'm just spoiled with all of today's technology, lol.

A funny story about The Exorist though is that my brother watched that movie at my parents house a couple of years ago. He was supposed to sleep in his room uppstaris, but he ended up sleeping in the livingroom, which is very near my parents bedroom. He was too afraid to go upstaris all alone, lol. And he was in his late 30's then.

I can't think of any really scary movies. I love watching horror movies and none of them really freak me out too much. But, get me to watch one of those ghost shows on tv; the kind where they tell what are supposed to be "real" ghost stories. Well, I can't sleep after I watch one of those thinking that maybe one of the ghosts crept out of my tv, and into my bedroom, lol. I have to turn on some kind of comedy or something to get my mind off of it before I can attempt sleep. Yet, I still find myself intrigued by these shows and still watch.

Oh, now I can think of some movies that freaked me out. The Hellraiser movies. Those were pretty freaky.

Scariest movie? PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
RoseRed
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
RoseRed

Number of posts : 372

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 10:18 pm

The only movie that truly creeped me out...was the original "When a stranger calls"

The context of that movie really freaked me out. Having the police call back and say "The call is coming from inside the house"
OMG!!!

The Exorcist doesnt freak me out much. Maybe because I've seen it so many times or maybe because it has an unreal quality to it, whereas When a stranger calls, could actually happen!!
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 2:48 am

pamh36 wrote:
I remember thinking that The Exorcist was scary when I was younger, but I recently borrowed the uncut version from my brother and didn't find it to be scary at all. The special effects really weren't very realistic at all. Maybe I'm just spoiled with all of today's technology, lol.

A funny story about The Exorist though is that my brother watched that movie at my parents house a couple of years ago. He was supposed to sleep in his room uppstaris, but he ended up sleeping in the livingroom, which is very near my parents bedroom. He was too afraid to go upstaris all alone, lol. And he was in his late 30's then.

I can't think of any really scary movies. I love watching horror movies and none of them really freak me out too much. But, get me to watch one of those ghost shows on tv; the kind where they tell what are supposed to be "real" ghost stories. Well, I can't sleep after I watch one of those thinking that maybe one of the ghosts crept out of my tv, and into my bedroom, lol. I have to turn on some kind of comedy or something to get my mind off of it before I can attempt sleep. Yet, I still find myself intrigued by these shows and still watch.

Oh, now I can think of some movies that freaked me out. The Hellraiser movies. Those were pretty freaky.

I love true ghost stories! I watch them often, and sometimes get a chill with my thrill. :haha:
That's so funny about your brother. I thought you were going to say that he was a kid at the time. Poor guy!
:haha:

Scariest movie? LMKeeper

Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 3:19 am

Hi, Carol. Wave
Yeah, Poltergiest had some weird stuff going on, and I think that the rumors or truth of the Poltergiest curse didn't help matters.

Poltergiest curse?

I'm prepared to be called crazy for asking. :scratch:

Does anyone believe that the set, cast and crew had a curse upon them? I do. Well, I don't know if "curse" is the right word, but there was something, IMO. The deaths and other happenings are just too freaky to not be a curse or something. Both daughters died in real-life; the oldest murdered by her boyfriend and the youngest of a fatal illness, Cain died not long after part 2, one of the crew members was killed in what I think was a car accident, another was seriously injured on the set,....a lot went on. My cousin (thinks she knows most everything) said something that made sense to me about those events. She said she'd heard they used real psychics and people who can call upon evil spirits because they wanted the movie to be as authentic as possible. Yeah, I can see that happening. They use real doctors for advice on ER and real police and lawyers on Law & Order and other shows. Hmmm. So these people could have unleashed something without really meaning to. Huh?

I saw actress Jo Beth Williams say that the skeltons in the swimming pool scene were real. She said that she was told that it was cheaper to use real cadavers than to make fake ones. I find it a bit hard to believe that execs would use an actual deceased person for scenes. Hollywood has some respect, doesn't it? The story makes it all more interesting, and easier to freak out Jo Beth. I hope they didn't use the real thing.

---

Hi, Amy. Wave
The Ammityville Horror is one movie that gives me the creeps, but I like it! That's one scary movie! Whoa! The tales of it all being true made it better, I think. But when I found it all to be a hoax, I was like - "Oh, well. Guess the first tragedy (the murders) in that house was enough." But then I sometimes wonder if they're only telling people that the hauntings are a hoax to keep down a big fuss. Know what I mean? I saw on TV where they changed the outside structure of the original house to keep people from stopping by to take pictures and ask to tour it. Well, I'm sure millions of people know exactly where the house is located (the street, the lake it sits near, etc.) and still drop by. That house had eyes! Eeeek! affraid

I can't stand to look at Freddy Kruger!! It litterally makes me sick to my stomach to see him. Gross! That's why I've never seen any of the movies. I take that back. I did see parts of one during Halloween. I saw about the last half hour or so while squinting and peeking through my fingers. All I know is that a girl was trying to stop dreaming about him and seeing him, and part of her hair turned white. I knew to leave well-enough alone because I can't deal with a nauseated stomach for the days that would follow. Gross!

Take care.

Scariest movie? LMKeeper

Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 8:17 am

The first Halloween movie scared the heck out of me. Salem's Lot still gives me the creeps when I watch it and The Omen was another one that made me nervous. Anything that deals with Satan always disturbs me. The Exorcist didn't bother me as much as the movie Halloween did...

Scariest movie? KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptySat Apr 21, 2007 10:59 am

I was also going to say that the first "Halloween" movie scared me the most. However, it's also my favorite horror movie. The first "Scream" movie also scared me. Especially the first 20 minutes with Drew Barrymore. I about jumped out of my seat. Most horror movies don't scare me, but those two were intense in different scenes.

Scariest movie? TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Scariest movie? Pbucket

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptySat Apr 21, 2007 3:56 pm

I must admit I'm a wimp as far as scary movies go! Frankenstein and Dracula scare the heck out of me so it's been a LONG time since I subjected myself to watching anything in the least bit frightening! OhMy

Scariest movie? MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006

Last edited by on Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Scariest movie? Cloud910

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptySat Apr 21, 2007 4:55 pm

When I was in gr 7 the teachers got the bright idea to show The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock to the whole school, gr7 and 8. What a stupid idea, it was awful. I had nightmares for a long time afterward.
Then at church we had a family film night and they played a movie about the end times. Bad thing for young children to sit through. I forget the name of the movie but it gave me nightmares too.

Scariest movie? MarilynKeeper Scariest movie? Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 2:32 am

Ah, "The Birds". It's one of my fave Hitchcock movies. Years ago when I was young, it creeped me out pretty badly. I don't think it helped matters that I was watching it with my crazy cousin and she kept making bird noises and pinching at my ears and head while we watched. Sheesh!
As I got older and braver, I watched it with my mom and it wasn't too bad. Later, I found myself enjoying the creepy film. LOL! Sometimes it makes my feel weird to see all those birds on the playground before they attack the kids.

Did anyone see the Sci-Fi Channel's original movie, "KAW"? It aired about a week ago and it reminds me a lot of "The Birds", but was more graphic with some pretty gross scenes.

I think I asked before, but I'm not sure. Has anyone seen "The Innocents", starring Deborah Kerr? Each time you watch it, you may feel differently about what's really going on. Were the children possed by ghosts? Was Deborah's character, the teacher, insane? Did the children have more control over what happened than was believed?
IMO, it's really a good movie, especially for the decade it was filmed in. There's a haunting song that the little girl in the movie sings, too. I can't remember the title, but it's about a weeping willow tree, a woman and her lover, they die beneath the willow. It's sad, kinda pretty, and creepy all at the same time.

"Salem's Lot" Yes, creeepy! I just watched it for the first time this past Halloween. I've avoided it for years. LOL! It was a good movie, but did get me a little nervous at times.

I've seen all of the "Halloween" movies, but I wasn't brave enough until about the past ten years or so to watch the very first one. It wasn't considered scary by many since so much time has passed and new scarier movies are out. I like to take my time, okay. LOL! I just watched "Halloween - H2O" this past Halloween, too, and it's what..seven years old? Hey, I had to build my confidence. :shy:

Scariest movie? LMKeeper

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Scariest movie? Goodsi10

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptySun Apr 29, 2007 9:35 am

LM wrote:
I hated The Ring! Uggh! I couldn't get any sense out of it.

I just saw this. The scene toward the end where the little girl comes out of the well... yikes! OhMy
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptySun Apr 29, 2007 11:11 pm

Hi, Rob. Wave

You found that scene to be scary? When she came out of the TV was creepy. Did you get any sense out of the entire movie? I hope you did better than I did.
banghead

Scariest movie? LMKeeper

Back to top Go down

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 1:56 pm

Jeeper Creepers. I still have night mares over that movie when I think of it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scariest movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest movie?   Scariest movie? Empty

Back to top Go down

Scariest movie?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next