Number of posts : 19938
Location : On my bike!!!
|Subject: Answers to Quiz Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:09 pm|| |
Decided to go ahead and post the answers, then you can just come here and read them after you have read the quiz and answered the questions best you can....
Answers To Quiz:
1... The one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends: Boxing.
2. North American landmark constantly moving backward: Niagara Falls.
(The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.)
3. Only two vegetables that can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons: Asparagus and rhubarb.
4. The fruit with its seeds on the outside: Strawberry.
5. How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle? It grew inside the bottle.
The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree.. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.
6. Three English words beginning with dw: Dwarf, dwell and dwindle...
7. Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar: Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe,question mark, exclamation point, quotation mark, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.
8. The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh: Lettuce. (I have never seen watermelon or other melons any way but fresh)
9. Six or more things you can wear on your feet beginning with 'S': Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts.
CANCER FREE!!! April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Ingalls Friend for Life
Number of posts : 23096
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Nip it in the bud!
Number of posts : 52467
Location : Michigan
|Subject: Re: Answers to Quiz Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:51 am|| |
I got 4, 5, 6 and 7... and Rhonda, I also thought of watermelon for 8.
|Subject: Re: Answers to Quiz Today at 3:50 am|| |