HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Heartland

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Heartland   Fri May 17, 2013 8:16 pm

GMC will be showing Heartland from the beginning, starting Memorial Day at 4pm Eastern. I'm not sure whether it's going to be on every weekday, but episodes 2 and 3 are scheduled for Tuesday, May 28 and Wednesday, May 29 at 4pm Eastern. I've been waiting for them to restart the series, so I could watch it from the beginning. Hopefully, they will keep showing it in sequence.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5982

PostSubject: Re: Heartland   Mon May 20, 2013 8:19 am

I hope I remember to watch it so I can see it I like that show.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

PostSubject: Re: Heartland   Fri May 31, 2013 7:18 pm

I've been watching this show all week, and I like it. I'm getting familiar with the main characters -- Amy, Lou, Jack, and Ty. What's the deal with Mallory though? It seems like she's always hanging out and eating at the ranch, but you never see her parents. Doesn't she ever spend any time at home? The scenery in the show is great, and the show kind of has the feel of Dr. Quinn in modern times.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5918
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Heartland   Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:50 am

Gotta get this on dvd....I just don't have the time to try to watch it. It looks really good. Maybe I will have time now that school is about out for Madison.

It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Number of posts : 9006
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Heartland   Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:00 pm

John, Mallory doesn't really like her parents they do appear couple of times her father is a Country singer and her mother i think is his manager, Mallory sure does add something to the show wouldn't be the same without her,

Gin You will Love the Show So worth buying Thumbsup I'm Looking forward to seeing Season 6 on DVD Should be released sometime in the fall,

I found it interesting that the Books are based in Virginia, USA TV show is in Alberta Canada

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

PostSubject: Re: Heartland   Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Thanks for the info, JW. I've seen the first five episodes now and plan to keep watching as GMC goes through it. They're starting season 5 this Wednesday night at 9 ET, BTW.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

PostSubject: Re: Heartland   Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:10 pm

Oh, BTW, after the first five episodes at least, it would seem that Ashley is to Amy what Nellie Oleson was to Laura. I can't help but notice the similarities. OhMy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

PostSubject: Re: Heartland   Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:33 pm

Well, so much for my plan to watch the first four seasons of Heartland, because UP (the former GMC) has pulled the show from its weekday lineup starting next week.  After this week, they will have shown only the first 25 episodes, so I'll be left hanging about 2/3 of the way through season 2.  UP is showing season 5 Wednesdays at 9pm ET, but I don't want to jump ahead.  Hopefully, they will show the rest of the series some time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5982

PostSubject: Re: Heartland   Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:26 am

That's too bad.  I watched the first couple of episodes, but I stopped since it was on during a busy time for me.  Erin's been watching it though, and she will be very disappointed to hear that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

PostSubject: Re: Heartland   Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Hmm, the program guide on my DVR is still showing Heartland at 4pm ET on UP on July 1. However, MSN's TV listings are showing back to back episodes of Dr. Quinn at 3pm and 4pm ET on UP on July 1. Also, locatetv.com is not showing Heartland at 4pm ET on July 1, and UP's web site does not list their July 1 program schedule at all. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

PostSubject: Re: Heartland   Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:52 pm

I'm about halfway through season 4 now, and I REALLY like this show!  It has quickly become one of my all-time favorites.  The script writing and acting are top notch, and this helps viewers to really get to know and connect with the characters.  The story lines are always interesting, as are the interactions among the characters, and the scenery is amazing.  I wouldn't mind booking a weekend at the dude ranch.  Although there is a bit of violence and some mild off-color language from time to time, the show is overall very wholesome.  It shows people trying to do the right thing most of the time and taking their relationships with each other seriously.  All of the characters are interesting -- not only the main ones (Amy, Ty, Lou, Jack, Tim, and Mallory), but all of the supporting characters as well -- Val, Ashley, Caleb, Peter, Scott, Lisa, Soraya, Jake, Badger, Chase, and others.  The Amy-Ty love story is wonderfully done.  How refreshing to see a modern TV show where love, not sex, is the basis of a relationship.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52443
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Heartland   Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:54 pm

That sounds like an excellent show! I've only seen bits and pieces; just enough to know how beautiful the scenery is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 8793
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Heartland   Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:58 am

John, is this the series you are talking about, done in 2007?

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

PostSubject: Re: Heartland   Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:53 pm

Dave, yes, that's it. It's been on CBC since 2007, and season 7 will be starting soon. South of the border, it's on Up TV, which many people don't get. If you have Time Warner digital cable, it's on channel 257. Up TV shows seasons 1-4 of Heartland weekdays at 4pm ET. They just showed the very first episode today. They also show season 5 episodes Wednesdays at 9pm ET and I think some time on Sunday.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 8793
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Heartland   Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:34 pm

Thanks John, I have Directv abnd I don't think its available on it. The DVDs are pretty reasonable at 10 bucks per season....Appreciate it......

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heartland   Today at 10:04 am

Back to top Go down

Heartland
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2