Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

checking in...

Go down 
+5
Lily
HarrisonCrosby4387
Rhonda
pamh36
ChristinaAL
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: checking in...   checking in... EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 6:01 pm

I haven't been around much in the last few weeks, I really miss it! :( I've just been crazy busy with the end of the semester, miscellaneous papers and things coming up. In the middle of it, I came down with a stomach virus - why do I always get something when I have the most work to do? I was sick around this same time last year, too. But anyway, I was set to finish my degree and graduate next year. I was under the impression that I had only a few credits left, and would only have to take several classes next fall, and I was looking forward to that b/c then I would be able to work more. Then I met with my academic advisor this past week, and our of nowhere she tells me I still need 40 credits! I'm frustrated, and angered that all this time she led me to believe that I was doing fine credit-wise, and I could've taken extra classes before getting my current job when it would've been easier. I decided to register for 2 classes over the summer to try to ease some of the pressure of having to take all those classes at once (40 credits would equal out to about 13 classes for me), to graduate on time. My advisor told me I could stay an extra semester, but I am really ready to be through with school now. I started off a little rocky, left and came back, and I just want to be done. I'm hoping these summer classes will help. The only problem I'm facing right now is how to pay for them. I'm only allowed so much student aid, and summer classes aren't usually covered by it. To top it off, I had mentioned this to an ex-co-worker from my old job. She must have told my old boss, b/c the next thing I knew, he called me, offering me a raise to come back! I liked my old job and was comfortable there but he was terrible when I left for my new job (that is partially an internship that he knew I'd be taking eventaully), and he knows I can't leave until I get in my hours. I feel like he's taunting me on purpose, so I didn't return his call. It's just been a frustrating few weeks, I am looking forward to completing my hours at my internship/job so I can move onto, hopefully, a better job, and getting my classes done the best I can to graduate. Sorry for complaining, I really just wanted to check in and explain why I've been missing lately. Type

checking in... ChristinaKeeper2 checking in... 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 6:34 pm

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a rough time lately. I'm glad that you did get over your stomach virus. You never want these things to happen at all, yet when they do, they seem to happen at the worst time possible.

I can understand your frustration with the academic advisor. It sounds like you were completely mislead. That would have taken a lot out of me, to think I was getting close to getting done, only to find out that there is so much more to go. It sounds like you've got a good plan though, taking the summer classes. I hope you can find a way to work it out financially. I know it can be quite expensive. Especially with the added costs of textbooks. Just keep on going and you will get to the end of those 40 credits before you know it. And what a great feeling of accomplishment when you do.

Also, before you know it, you will have your internship completed at your current job and will be able to move onto something better. Sometimes overcoming hurdles just helps to make you even stronger.

Thanks for checking in and I hope things start going more smoothly for you.

checking in... PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : checking in... Purple2

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 6:40 pm

:alright: Aww Christina, I am sorry you have been sick on top of everything else. I hope it gets better for you, and you might check into some grants for your classes.....I was told about them for my son, who is now leaving in July for the Air National Guard..... No

checking in... Rhonda10checking in... Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 8:11 pm

Sorry to hear all this Christina. No Keep your chin up. :alright:
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : checking in... Happy011

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 8:39 pm

Why is it that all the bad things happen to the good people? I wish you much luck and hope all will be well for you. Good luck and God Bless. :alright: Anyway, my job isn't the greatest at the moment, but I am trying to have a positive outlook on it. :sad5:

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
checking in... LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : checking in... Vianne10

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 9:01 pm

Awww Christina, I'm so sorry. Just remember the sun always comes up after the rain. We're here for you anytime you need us!!! Wave

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 11:22 am

i'am sorry to here christina.hope things turn around
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 5:13 pm

Thanks everyone, I always feel better after I visit the prairie. My parents are considering co-signing an alternative student loan for me - which I'll hoping I can still get. It's a lot less than a Fall or Spring semester, which is why they're able to help. I have to go to my bank next week to find out about this. Thanks for the advice about grants, Rhonda, I actually receive one for my Fall and Spring classes and taking one for the summer would take away from the amount I'm "alotted" for the year - I'm hoping that this alternative loan helps with that.

75 hours down at my internship! Even though I'm only able to be there part time and in the lovely world of retail the other part, I'm getting closer to being finished. Today my manager came in and told me I was late sending out a certain report, and to hurry and get it done. I told him he never told me how to do this specific report, and he said he was sure he did and left. I'll spare the details, but we had a mild argument where he reminded me that they're doing me the favor by allowing me to complete my hours there. So I was stuck with an instruction sheet that, like all the other instruction sheets I've been given, had a few incorrect steps on it and after I worked my way through the new report, I had to correct the instruction sheet. I just have to bite my tongue until I finish my hours there! Hopefully I will be able to find something better then.

Thanks for letting me vent :) I appreciate your listening and advice. ::hugs::

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 8:39 pm

Ranting Manager!!!!

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 11:17 am

What a jerk he is!!! mad

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 4:35 pm

ugh! bossys can sure be annoying.
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 11:22 am

Yeah ain't that the truth? mad

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : checking in... Love-s10

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 11:36 am

Ugh! No Tell us where he lives, Christina...we'll all go kick his butt for ya! Right girls? Cheer

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 1:16 pm

Argh! I hate dealing with idiots like that. Hey, maybe someday you'll be his boss!

checking in... PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 4:51 pm

Amy wrote:
Ugh! No Tell us where he lives, Christina...we'll all go kick his butt for ya! Right girls? Cheer

Haha, yeah and while you are at it you can beat up my bosses too, lol. They have been really getting to me lately. First they gave me a lousy evaluation. Which I was led to believe I was doing really good. Now they keep finding things to yell at me about. Every job I get I end up hating. I think it's a sign that I should be in voice over or something. Because entertainment is what I love, not medicine. I feel I will never be truly happy at a job until I am doing what I love.

So don't feel so bad Christina, at least you are not the only one having a hard time with a job now. Wave Smiley Hug

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : checking in... Happy010

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 5:26 pm

Sorry to hear your bosses are being plain mean these days Christina & Becky. I would like to give them a piece of my mind! fighter

checking in... Horses10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 5:57 pm

They are fairly new bosses. I was so angry when the older ones left. They were so nice. These new ladies expect way to much from us. They bulldozed the way we did things in pharmacy and now everything is all screwed up because of them and they wonder why. mad banghead
:fullmoon:

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 10:35 pm

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your bosses too, Beckie. I hope things get better for you. I'm comforted with the thought of my position probably only being temporary. I rather work in the store than be there.

Today, I went to work to find my computer moved into another office - with the manager who was giving me a problem last week. Wonderful. I had to pack up everything from my desk (nothing like advanced notice) and move in a hurry. Turns out, the head IT guy who usually shared the office with my manager is on vacation this week, and the way my manager explained it to me was - "I wanted you in here b/c I can't spend all day answering his phone. So you can play secretary". Sweet, huh? I wouldn't mind taking the guy's messages if: 1) my manager had been a little nicer about it, and 2) if I actually could deal with these people - as soon as I tell them the other guy is out of the office, they give me their problems and I don't have the knowledge or the clearance to take care of mostof them. So then I have to go find someone else, who always acts like it's the end of the world when I'm asking them a question. It just doesn't make sense to me.

This is another nitpick that I have - this has happened several times in the past, but now that we're in the same office all day long - my manager has me get him coffee. There's a small kitchenette across the hall, and I wouldn't mind if he was nice about it, maybe saying "I'm really busy, would you mind getting me some coffee?" instead of "coffee time. I take mine black", then staring at me until I realize he expects me to get it. I don't like the way I'm being treated in this respect - I'm the only woman in this department and I don't want to be treated like "that kind" of intern. I was hired temporarily for 300 hours to do this internship. Since I need to complete it, I feel like they (or at least, him), are taking advantage of it.

Oh, and about the report that was so urgent last week? Today, when I asked a question, he told me, "Don't worry about it - that's a good one for you to screw up on b/c (the client) hates us anyway". banghead

Is there any sanity left in the workplace?! :scratch:

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 11:11 am

Your boss is a real piece of crap!!! mad If I were you I'd go to the top of the chain and complain saying they are discriminating against you because you are a woman.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 11:39 am

ChristinaAL wrote:
"coffee time. I take mine black"

"Already? I take cream and sugar in mine, thanks so much for offering." :Hahaha:

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
checking in... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : checking in... Happy010

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 12:17 pm

I had posted a longer reply to this last night, but it isn't here. It must have been "lost in space". But I hope that things start looking brighter for you, and that the people you're working with see what a gem they have in you.

(Did you get my reply to your PM, then? I sent it about the same time as I posted the reply to this last night)
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : checking in... Goodsi10

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 2:19 pm

Rhonda wrote:
ChristinaAL wrote:
"coffee time. I take mine black"

"Already? I take cream and sugar in mine, thanks so much for offering." :Hahaha:

Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 10:42 pm

Rhonda! ROTFL I will have to use that line next time! I would love to see the look on his face.

Savannah, I didn't get your PM reply - the board must have been being tempermental, LOL. But thanks for your sweet words. I appreciate it. :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

checking in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking in...   checking in... Empty

Back to top Go down

checking in...
Page 1 of 1