Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man

Go down 
+14
Krissy
Ruth
Honeybee
bethandmanly
Kristina
Savannah
LHFanForever
Vanesa
Rhonda
HarrisonCrosby4387
Carol
LIWnut
LHDaisy
LM
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man Party010

"Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man Empty
PostSubject: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 4:32 am

Has anyone notice that in "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style", that it looks like Laura's fighting with a mannequin for a half a second? Just before Caroline comes outside to break up the fight, there's a very, very quick facial shot of Brenda Sue as she's on top of Laura. Brenda Sue's face looks hard, expressionless...just blank, and not life-like at all, to me. So I figure it must be a mannequin. During all of the rest of the fight scene, it looks like the actress playing Brenda Sue is really doing her own scene.

I've often wondered why a mannequin for such a short shot, but I figure that the actress may not have been there during a second, third or whatever take, and they used the mannequin.

----

I read someplace here that Katherine McGregor rode a little during the scene when she was on the runaway horse, and then a stunt man did the harder stuff. But I've watched the scene where "she" falls off and it always looks like a mannequin. It falls like one, it's stiff like one. No expression or anything that's life-like.

I've watched both of these scenes on slow-mo and I still say... mannequin.

Your thoughts?

Wave

"Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Number of posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptySun Apr 29, 2007 8:48 am

I should watch those scenes before I can comment on it, but I must say you're a good observer Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptyThu May 17, 2007 1:03 am

Thanks! grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptyThu May 17, 2007 6:00 pm

Katherine did a scene, I forget which season, but her character fell off a horse. Katherine was injured and Mrs Foster had to step in and continue the next scene of Harriet knocking on someone's door. Dean talks about this incident on the dvd's.

"Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man MarilynKeeper "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptyThu May 17, 2007 8:18 pm

LM wrote:
Has anyone notice that in "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style", that it looks like Laura's fighting with a mannequin for a half a second? Just before Caroline comes outside to break up the fight, there's a very, very quick facial shot of Brenda Sue as she's on top of Laura. Brenda Sue's face looks hard, expressionless...just blank, and not life-like at all, to me. So I figure it must be a mannequin. During all of the rest of the fight scene, it looks like the actress playing Brenda Sue is really doing her own scene.

I've often wondered why a mannequin for such a short shot, but I figure that the actress may not have been there during a second, third or whatever take, and they used the mannequin.

I'll have to watch this scene carefully... you may be right...

"Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man Horses10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man Happy011

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptyThu May 17, 2007 9:07 pm

Wow you have a great eye. I never noticed. Haha, it's funny to think about.

There is a scene from Bonanza where Little Joe falls of a cliff. It is so a dummy. It's all floppy and stuff as it's falling, lol.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptyFri May 18, 2007 9:55 am

MattLabMyLove wrote:

There is a scene from Bonanza where Little Joe falls of a cliff. It is so a dummy. It's all floppy and stuff as it's falling, lol.

Beckie

Do you know which episode of Bonanza that is?
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptySat May 19, 2007 7:48 pm

No they showed this scene in a commercial on TVLand, sorry. Blue

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptySun May 20, 2007 9:43 am

MattLabMyLove wrote:
No they showed this scene in a commercial on TVLand, sorry. Blue

Beckie

Haha yes, that is were I saw it too!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptySun May 20, 2007 5:25 pm

You get TVLand over in the Netherlands? Wow, that's really cool.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptySat May 26, 2007 4:15 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
You get TVLand over in the Netherlands? Wow, that's really cool.

Beckie

I WISH!!! No, we don't get it over here bawling I saw it on their website
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptySat May 26, 2007 8:54 pm

OIC. I think I saw it on there too after seeing it on tv. They have a lot of clips from their shows on there.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptySun May 27, 2007 7:42 am

Yeah it's neat! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptyThu May 31, 2007 11:25 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:

Beckie

I've seen that falling dummy, too! :haha:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 12:21 am

I have noticed this as well.....I love how they think they are fooling us...but I suppose back then...they did! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 12:29 am

LM wrote:

----

I read someplace here that Katherine McGregor rode a little during the scene when she was on the runaway horse, and then a stunt man did the harder stuff. But I've watched the scene where "she" falls off and it always looks like a mannequin. It falls like one, it's stiff like one. No expression or anything that's life-like.

I've watched both of these scenes on slow-mo and I still say... mannequin.

Your thoughts?

Wave

I haven't seem those clips,That I can't remember.
But on "School Mom" When Miss Beadles horse is sceard,and it runs off.And she falls off,It looks like her,and really painful,lol.Did she do that stunt herself? I think it is her.....?
It's a wonder she didn't hurt herself for real,lol.

Nikki,
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 3:41 am

I read somewhere here on the forum that it was a stuntman who really fell, but I say...it really, really looks like she did it herself.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 8:44 am

This may be the episode you are talking about where Katherine MacGregor falls and gets hurt......... batEyes

Here Comes the Brides
Episode 78; Season 4
December 5, 1977

Trivia note: Harriet Oleson on a horse is a rare occasion indeed, and it turned out badly! When she fell off the horse at the end of this episode, it was no classic Hollywood stunt. "Katherine MacGregor fell very badly!", remembers Charlotte Stewart, "and she had to be taken to the hospital."

Although she injured her back and kidneys, "during it all, her sense of humor never faltered." On screen, Charlotte says, "the beginning of the fall was Katherine, but by the time Mrs. Oleson hit the ground it was the stunt double."

As usual, in such circumstances, it was Ruth Foster who was called to the rescue. "It was later in the afternoon", remembers Ruth, "and the last day to shoot the complete show. So they got me dressed as Mrs. Oleson as fast as they could and they shot all from the back of me and Nels. And saved the episode because the actor in the scene was leaving in a few hours to go back to New York and they would have lost the actor and couldn't have had finish of the episode."

"Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man Rhonda10"Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 7:56 pm

Yes...It looks as a mannequin, and it is not impossible it was. The shoot SEEMS to be short for us, but I suppose that when they were running the scene, it lasted very long, and they must also have EDITED it.

It's pretty common they would use a mannequin in these kind of shoots.

Vanesa.

"Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 8:50 pm

Rhonda wrote:
This may be the episode you are talking about where Katherine MacGregor falls and gets hurt......... batEyes

Here Comes the Brides
Episode 78; Season 4
December 5, 1977

Trivia note: Harriet Oleson on a horse is a rare occasion indeed, and it turned out badly! When she fell off the horse at the end of this episode, it was no classic Hollywood stunt. "Katherine MacGregor fell very badly!", remembers Charlotte Stewart, "and she had to be taken to the hospital."

Although she injured her back and kidneys, "during it all, her sense of humor never faltered." On screen, Charlotte says, "the beginning of the fall was Katherine, but by the time Mrs. Oleson hit the ground it was the stunt double."

As usual, in such circumstances, it was Ruth Foster who was called to the rescue. "It was later in the afternoon", remembers Ruth, "and the last day to shoot the complete show. So they got me dressed as Mrs. Oleson as fast as they could and they shot all from the back of me and Nels. And saved the episode because the actor in the scene was leaving in a few hours to go back to New York and they would have lost the actor and couldn't have had finish of the episode."

OMG , it's a good thing she survived! If you get punched in the kidneys, you can die instantly! :unsure:

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
LHFanForever
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHFanForever

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 7:38 pm

I never notice any of these things I wish I would. Next time I see these episodes. I will for sure watch carefully! :shifty:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423
Mood : "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 8:45 pm

I always start out watching certain episodes, thinking that I'll try to catch the bloopers people have mentioned. But I get so caught up in the show, that I forget to watch for a blooper. Huh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptySun Jul 01, 2007 5:57 pm

Me too! I'm really bad at seeing these things. Sometimes I catch these "logical" things, but usually not even those...
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 2:31 pm

this was a good episode! sad for Laura, but still good. though I certainly do not like Brenda Sue's character! Laura really showed who she was when she got into a fight with Brenda Sue!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 10:39 am

I did not like Brenda Sue's character right from the beginning. it seemed like she acted too close to Almanzo, even after she met Laura, his wife!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man   "Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man Empty

Back to top Go down

"Divorce, Walnut Grove Style" - Laura fights a man
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next