Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Family Relationships Chart

Go down 
+9
Gin
JW
alexczarn
Amy
Lori
bethandmanly
Rob
Vanesa
Carol
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 Happy010

Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Relationships Chart   Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:54 pm

I have always wondered about the relationship thing.

David has a cousin, Tom. David & Tom's dad's were brothers. That makes David & Tom first cousins. Now Tom's daughter, I'm assuming that would make her David's 1st cousin once removed? And then David's kids & Tom's kid, second cousins?

Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 HummerFamily Relationships Chart - Page 2 MistiKeeperFamily Relationships Chart - Page 2 Bookclub5Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Family Relationships Chart   Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:15 pm

In my family, there were 2 brothers who married 2 sisters.....making the kids double cousins....kind of like the Ingalls'.....I think there were 3 Ingalls men that married 3 Quiner girls....something like that...... scratchead

Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 Rhonda10Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Family Relationships Chart   Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:44 am

I think thats how it works Misti but i always find the once removed thing a little confusing

Rhonda i always find it cool if that Happens Two of my Brothers married Two Sisters just waiting for them to have kids now lol

Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 Jacobk10Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Family Relationships Chart   Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 8:16 am

I've decided that my family is very very boring. No

Laughing
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Family Relationships Chart   Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 10:44 am

Laughing Amy Have you ever tried Tracking down your Family to way back in the Day? if not you should try it i have found lots of Dirt on my Family but of course i won't share that what i found grinsmiley

Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 Jacobk10Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Family Relationships Chart   Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:12 pm

Good point Jacob. Wink Actually, my dad is getting into gerontology now, and the most we've found out is that someone had a name change way back in the day, and we shouldn't have the name we have now. greenS This happens in a lot in families....in fact, it happened in my own---my husband and children have my last name.

Currently my sister and I are trying to figure out if we're related to Taylor Lautner. HeeHee I have Misti's mom working on this for me, but she's stuck because we don't know the name of his grandfather. But Taylor is from Grand Rapids Michigan, and his family vacations in Traverse City Michigan, where I have many relatives on both sides of my family. My grandmother's maiden name on my mother's side was Lautner and that name is huge in that area. We are thinking that it's possible Taylor's family might be from that area originally. So, it's not really 'dirt', but something family related that I'm really curious about. Wink And hey, maybe I can collect some of that fortune he's made....he wouldn't miss a million, would he? batEyes grinsmiley (I really am just kidding. Wink )
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Family Relationships Chart   Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:10 pm

Interesting So your Husband Took your Last Name when you got Married?

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Family Relationships Chart   Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 pm

This guy you talkin' bout Amy? thud LOL

Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 Taylor-lautner-new-moon

Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Family Relationships Chart   Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 3:22 pm

Now Carol, dear, I do not look at him in that way. He IS my cousin after all. batEyes Do you see the family resemblance? Wink

HeeHee

Last edited by Amy on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Family Relationships Chart   Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 3:23 pm

JW wrote:

He sure did! (Lots of family issues on his side. Whistle ).
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Family Relationships Chart   Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 4:41 pm

Amy wrote:
I have Misti's mom working on this for me, but she's stuck because we don't know the name of his grandfather. But Taylor is from Grand Rapids Michigan, and his family vacations in Traverse City Michigan, where I have many relatives on both sides of my family. My grandmother's maiden name on my mother's side was Lautner and that name is huge in that area. We are thinking that it's possible Taylor's family might be from that area originally. So, it's not really 'dirt', but something family related that I'm really curious about. Wink And hey, maybe I can collect some of that fortune he's made....he wouldn't miss a million, would he? batEyes grinsmiley (I really am just kidding. Wink )
Sorry to hear things are stalled! No

Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 HummerFamily Relationships Chart - Page 2 MistiKeeperFamily Relationships Chart - Page 2 Bookclub5Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Family Relationships Chart   Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 5:41 pm

Amy wrote:
JW wrote:

(Lots of family issues on his side. Whistle ).

Before or After he took your Name??? laugh3

Well i am pretty sure i ain't related to a movie Star but somebody famous as well i might be related to Hitlers Wife scratchead

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Family Relationships Chart   Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 12:37 am

Misti wrote:
Amy wrote:
I have Misti's mom working on this for me, but she's stuck because we don't know the name of his grandfather. But Taylor is from Grand Rapids Michigan, and his family vacations in Traverse City Michigan, where I have many relatives on both sides of my family. My grandmother's maiden name on my mother's side was Lautner and that name is huge in that area. We are thinking that it's possible Taylor's family might be from that area originally. So, it's not really 'dirt', but something family related that I'm really curious about. Wink And hey, maybe I can collect some of that fortune he's made....he wouldn't miss a million, would he? batEyes grinsmiley (I really am just kidding. Wink )

Sorry to hear things are stalled! No

That's ok Misti! We'll figure it out someday! Smile

JW wrote:
Amy wrote:
JW wrote:

(Lots of family issues on his side. Whistle ).

Before or After he took your Name??? laugh3

Laughing Jacob, you crack me up! greenS It was before for sure, but things never were great after either. Yikes

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Family Relationships Chart   Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 9:02 am

bethandmanly wrote:
Vanesa wrote:
But now, I'm afraid I discovers that my mother is really my daughter or something.... thud

Vanesa.

I've got one better for you, Vanesa. I'll go slow, because it can get confusing. My father remarried after my mom passed away. His wife was much younger than him and they had two boys together. I began dating a guy named John when I was a teenager. When I was almost 19, I gave birth to my son, John Jr. John and I split when Jr. was 18 months old, and years later, my father and his wife (my step-mother) also separated and divorced.

My son's father ended up marrying my father's second wife. So, that means that my two half-brothers are my son's step-brothers. This also means that my ex-step-mother is now my son's step-mother. So, when Jr. wants to tick me off, he says, "Hi Sis." banghead
thud

Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Family Relationships Chart   Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 4:31 am

Misti wrote:
David has a cousin, Tom. David & Tom's dad's were brothers. That makes David & Tom first cousins. Now Tom's daughter, I'm assuming that would make her David's 1st cousin once removed? And then David's kids & Tom's kid, second cousins?

And I won't even go into how David's niece married her second cousin. And my m-i-l's two nieces happen to have lots of kids by the same man who was also the father of the second cousin my niece married.

Or how the man ended up finally marrying one of the sisters. And how the MAN'S sister married another one of my m-i-l's nephews! Whew!

That is why I told my kids they had better not date anyone from Nixon; he is probably related!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Family Relationships Chart   Family Relationships Chart - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Family Relationships Chart
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2