Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

In the Spotlight: Cetacea!

Go down 
+4
Krissy
Lori
Rhonda
Savannah
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
In the Spotlight: Cetacea! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : In the Spotlight: Cetacea! Happy010

In the Spotlight: Cetacea! Empty
PostSubject: In the Spotlight: Cetacea!   In the Spotlight: Cetacea! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:52 pm

It's Friday! In the Spotlight: Cetacea! 921247 Time for another Spotlight! This week we get to know a little bit more about Cetacea. Thank you so much for joining in on the fun, Cetacea!

And now...

Getting to Know Cetacea!

How did you get interested in LHOTP?
I can't really remember how old I was, but I know I got interested in LHOTP because it was the only show my mum watched with us kids. I still remember how much she loved the show and I think she passed on her love to us.

Which came first for you: the books or the TV series? The TV series came first. I only got to know the books 3 or 4 years ago. I am honest, it is kind of strange to read them if one only knows the show.

If you’ve read any of the books, which one do you like best? Oh, I think "These happy golden years" is my favourite and "Little House in the big Wood".

How often do you watch the TV series?
During my childhood it actually run several times in German TV, therefore I don't know exactly how many times we watched it. Now I have all the seasons on DVD and watch them regularly.

Have you watched other productions of LH? If so, did you like them?
I have seen parts of them but don't really like them.

Did you get to see the LHOTP musical with Melissa Gilbert?
I only saw a trailer of it. I live in Europe and don't have a chance to see the musical.

Do you have a favorite character? More than one :-) I like Laura and during my childhood I really wished to be like her. Later I started to like Willy and Albert. Both are very cute and have big hearts and Albert is also very smart. I kind of wished to have brothers like them, that would be fun!

Do you believe that the moral lessons that Little House taught helped to make you a better person?
I think for myself it was helpful to see a TV series with same moral lessons my parents tried to teach me. It was like "Oh, so my parents are not the only ones who say this or that".

Is there an episode that stands out in your mind as a favorite?
No, I have so many favorites I can't name them all.

Do any of the episodes move you to tears? If so, why? Yes, a lot of them move me that much. Mostly because in those episodes the theme is about love and care. That always make me tear up.

Who do you most relate to?
Probably Laura

Where were you born?
In the hospital :-) I was born in one of the most beautiful cities from Switzerland.

How many states/places have you lived in? In three so far. The first I don't remember at all, because I was a baby there. In the second place I stayed until I passed half of my kindergarten year and I still live in the third place.

How many people are in your family? 4 people, mum, dad, younger sister, me

Have you ever been married? / Are you married?
No to both, still have to find Mr. Right :-)

Do you have children? No, but I sure would like some.

Do any others in your family share your affection for Little House on the Prairie and Laura Ingalls Wilder’s work?
Yes, my mother likes to watch the show so does my younger sister. But they aren't that interested in the "background information" as I am. My father always wonders how we can watch yet another episodes, he thinks we watched them way to often.

Have you met any of the cast members? No sadly not. It would be difficult to meet anyone, since I live quite far away.

Do you own anything Little House related?
Do the books count? I own a couple of the books, as well as a booklet about Laura (a friend visited DesMet and brought a booklet for me) and I also have a book about Laura and her family that is made like a family album.

Have you met any of the board members? No, not so far.

How long have you been a member on the LH board? I guess one or two years, I don't know exactly. How embarrassing is this?

What are some things that you enjoy doing to relax? Reading books (I am a perfect example for a bookworm), listening to music or go out to take a walk.

What season do you like best? Spring, summer, autumn or winter?
I do like all seasons for different reasons. I like winter up until Christmas because I am a big Christmas fan, after Christmas spring could come right away. I like spring because my birthday is in this season. Summer because it is sunny and warm and I can go walking in the evening and autumn because of the colors.

What season were you born in?
Late spring

What is your favorite holiday? During childhood it was the summer holidays, we got six weeks of free time! Nowadays it is probably the Christmas holidays.

What has been your biggest challenge?
Searching for a job after my apprenticeship as a business administrator. The economy situation wasn't that great and there are many people who wanted to have a job in this kind of business.

What are some of your best memories?
During our summer holidays my mum did lots of stuff with us. She made our own picture story books (she wrote the story and drawn the pictures in it!) and told us those stories. She went out with us for picnics and many other things.

How did you find this board? I searched for LHOP forums on Uncle Google.

What is one of the things you like best about our LH board?
the episodes review

Were you shy or outgoing as a child?
It depend on the occasion. Around new people I was shy (still am) and around friends or people I already knew I was rather outgoing.

What did you want to be when you were growing up, and did that pan out?
A lot of different things, not sure if I recall all of them. I know there was a phase where I wanted to be a vet. Unfortunately it didn't pan out. But I still like animals very much.

What was your first pet?
A small gold hamster

Did you go to your prom?
If so, what was the theme & style of the time? Prom Night is a farewell party after the official school time, right? In my country there are farewell parties after we finished school, but they are never as big as in the USA . But I had a official meeting after my final exams of the apprenticeship. All the girls wore cocktail dresses and the guys were wearing tuxedos, we didn't have a special theme.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks again for letting us get to know a little more about you, Cetacea!

I love your answer to "Where were you born?"
In the Spotlight: Cetacea! 135245 And I loved hearing about the storybooks that your mom wrote and illustrated for you! In the Spotlight: Cetacea! 6472 Do you still have any of them?
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : In the Spotlight: Cetacea! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Cetacea!   In the Spotlight: Cetacea! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:34 pm

Great to read more about you.....come visit the forum more often.... Thumbsup

In the Spotlight: Cetacea! Rhonda10In the Spotlight: Cetacea! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Cetacea!   In the Spotlight: Cetacea! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:30 pm

bravo

In the Spotlight: Cetacea! Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : In the Spotlight: Cetacea! Headac10

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Cetacea!   In the Spotlight: Cetacea! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:44 pm

Thumbsup nice to meet you

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : In the Spotlight: Cetacea! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Cetacea!   In the Spotlight: Cetacea! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:24 pm

Wave That was great Cetacea!
I too love that your Mom made up the story books for you ! How creative!
UNCLE GOOGLE! ROTFL That was funny!

DO come back to the prairie often. Loved getting to know you better!

In the Spotlight: Cetacea! Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : In the Spotlight: Cetacea! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Cetacea!   In the Spotlight: Cetacea! EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:11 am

I enjoyed learning more about you, Cetacea. I also think it's hard to read the books if you've only known the show. I kept imagining the NBC characters in the roles of the people I was reading about in the book. I was also upset to discover so much was different. Now I appreciate them for being different ways to honor Laura's legacy.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : In the Spotlight: Cetacea! Happy010

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Cetacea!   In the Spotlight: Cetacea! EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:07 am

Very interesting reading! I loved some of your funny answers. Laughing And do come back!

In the Spotlight: Cetacea! Alexke11
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Cetacea!   In the Spotlight: Cetacea! EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 9:11 am

It's nice to get to know you, Cetacea.

In the Spotlight: Cetacea! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Cetacea!   In the Spotlight: Cetacea! Empty

Back to top Go down

In the Spotlight: Cetacea!
Page 1 of 1