Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sweet Valley High Books!

Go down 
+5
Savannah
JW
bethandmanly
Krissy
Carol
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Sweet Valley High Books! Happy010

Sweet Valley High Books! Empty
PostSubject: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:17 am

Are there any Sweet Valley High readers out there?! grinsmiley
... of the ORIGINAL series from the 80s???

Sweet Valley High Books! Svhbooks

I discovered the books when I was 13 years old and throughout the 90s... I read many many many SVH books! lol
I went through a phase where I wanted to be like Elizabeth Wakefield. I also bought the SVH board game. My brother knew how much I loved the books so whenever I came back from the library with a stack of SVH books, he would grab one and start reading the last page of the book out loud to bug me. I would just be screaming LA LA LA! and run after him to take it away from his hands!! lol Sometimes I would fake being sick so I could skip school and then spend the entire day reading the books hahaha I was so into the stories that one of the books made me cry .... I mean... I was flat out crying. Okay I'll say it... it was Winter Carnival lol
Sweet Valley High Books! Winter%2Bcarnival

In the 90s the TV series also was made and I was in heaven watching Todd Wilkins... I had a big crush on him Love LOL
Sweet Valley High Books! Sweet_valley_high_elizabeth_todd_books_ryan

Aneeeeeway..... the Sweet Valley High books were remade for a more modern generation and it includes cell phones, computers, etc...

Sweet Valley High Books! Sweet-valley-high

I haven't looked at these books since the 90s and I was in Amazon.com and saw the new sweet valley high book... I decided to check it out and when I first started reading I right away saw something I didn't like in the new series. In the ORIGINAL series... Jessica and Elizabeth are a perfect size 6 but NOW... they are a "Perfect Size FOUR". Wow... girls struggle bad enough with their body image and I think it is not cool that years later... 6 is not considered perfect anymore????? It was bad enough then reading at the beginning of each book that they were a 'perfect' size 6. They went from a 6 to a 4. NOT cool No

I read other reviews and saw that some story lines were completely changed and they replaced the Dairi Burger with a Mexican Restaurant LOL Wow...
Some things should just be left alone.. and SVH is one of them! lol

Sweet Valley High Books! Horses10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Sweet Valley High Books! Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 6:37 pm

I was a teen growing up in the mid 90s.So i remember watching the T.V show. I loved it. It was awesome.Innocent & sweet.(better the *cough* gossip girls*) anways i read some of the books.Sadly i don't have them anymore.I brought season 1 on DVD.

I think i may take a look at the librray to see if they have them. just to read for fun. Thumbsup

oh my. why in the world would they change size..What's so cool about being size 4? I'm never gonna be size 4 or 6. Huh?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:08 pm

Do you remember which of the books were some of your favorites? greenS

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:47 am

It was called kidnapped.the one when jeessica dates that strange guy and he kidnappes her.That was a good one.

The one when liz goes into a coma.Liked it cause you can tell how much jess really does care and love her sister.You see the sweet side of her. Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Sweet Valley High Books! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:42 pm

Remakes of anything just aren't the same. Every once in a while a new one might be better, but overall, they just don't hold up.

I never read these books, but I'm not sure I would try them out now. Though I review books for kids and teens all the time, this doesn't sound like anything I would read or want my girls to read.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 5:45 pm

I agree,they did a re-make of BH-90210 show.I must say it didn't hold up at all.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:27 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I never read these books, but I'm not sure I would try them out now. Though I review books for kids and teens all the time, this doesn't sound like anything I would read or want my girls to read.

I gotta say that at times my mom didn't like that I had my nose in the books a lot of the time. Specially when she would pick up a book and saw a couple in the front page with a title saying 'All Night Long' Laughing
So I tended to sometimes hide the books with couples in the front... LOL
But I don't remember anything bad about these books. They were very teenybopper stuff and loved the story lines. It was very fictional... unrealistic at times now that I look back at it... but as a teen... as part of 'The Reading Rainbow' song said... "you can be anywhere..." which is what happened. As I read them, I would transport myself into the fictional world of Sweet Valley.

This was like the original Gossip Girl... but MUCH TAMER. Well... I only read the Sweet Valley High, I think I only read one of the college years. I also read a couple of the Sweet Valley Kids & Twins.

Sweet Valley High Books! 1763624

Sweet Valley High Books! Sweet-valley-twins-jamie-suzanne

Here is a cool article I found on the books: http://welllovedtales.wordpress.com/2008/08/04/the-world-of-sweet-valley/

*** Also, an SVH movie is being made (in production) by Diablo Cody... same one who did Juno. I hope the movie turns out okay lol

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:46 pm

I read some of the sweet valley twins books.My teacher gave me one of the books in grade 6.

I hope the movie will be good.Id love to watch it.

BTW.did ya ever read books called girl talk?

I think it's great you loved to read the books when you were a teen. Lot of teens today have there nosies stuck into there ipones /ipads lol

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Sweet Valley High Books! Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:38 am

Ok you can all Laugh at me if you want to but i will admit I Read some of the Sweet Valley Kids Books i must of been around 10 i remember i like them but i never tried Sweet Valley High or Twins i got hook on Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew & Trixie Belden around that time greenS

Sweet Valley High Books! Jacobk10Sweet Valley High Books! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:00 am

JW wrote:
Ok you can all Laugh at me if you want to but i will admit I Read some of the Sweet Valley Kids Books i must of been around 10 i remember i like them but i never tried Sweet Valley High or Twins i got hook on Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew & Trixie Belden around that time greenS

Nothing wrong with that. Smile I won't laugh!

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Sweet Valley High Books! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:11 am

Ah, Trixie Belden and Nancy Drew - those were more my style. I never read any of the SVH books.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:47 am

I won't laugh Jacob! Those were neat books! Thumbsup

I never read any Nancy Drew books... might give those a try. Sweet Valley High also had the Thriller editions... I LOOOOVED those!!!

Sweet Valley High Books! Sweet_valley_high_thrillers

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Savannah wrote:
Ah, Trixie Belden and Nancy Drew - those were more my style. I never read any of the SVH books.

I never read any of the Nancy Drew books... but it looks like they had different series didn't they? .. or versions I should say.

I read somewhere that "The Nancy Drew Files" (done in 1986) was done because of the popularity of the Sweet Valley High books and even the cover art looked a little similar.

Sweet Valley High Books! Files1 Sweet Valley High Books! Files2 Sweet Valley High Books! Files3

Which version of Nancy Drew did you read?
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:40 pm

I read both the way i remember the Case Files are more Creepy then the other ones

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 7:08 pm

I have a sweet valley high aountrack Cd from the t.v show.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:38 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

Cool! How many songs do you have?

I had the Sweet Valley High board game... which I now regret giving away lol

Sweet Valley High Books! Sweet-valley-high-game-20-cabbagesandkings-at-etsy

Sweet Valley High Books! Swh2

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:08 am

I'm reading Sweet Valley High #2 Secrets. I remember reading SVH books, in the 90's. Then, when we moved to other house. We give them away. I been collecting them from garage sales, thrift stores, or book sale. I wouldn't read the update version of SVH. I always like the old fashion SVH. It's classic.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:13 pm

Carol wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

Cool! How many songs do you have?

I had the Sweet Valley High board game... which I now regret giving away lol

Sweet Valley High Books! Sweet-valley-high-game-20-cabbagesandkings-at-etsy

Sweet Valley High Books! Swh2

cool.Think 10 was on it.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:35 pm

Yeah Carol they are around 30 Bucks on ebay those games should of kept it Smile

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 2:48 pm

I just hope they don't turn SVH into like gossip girls.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:03 pm

I went through our Storage Room in the Basement the other day found a box of Sweet Valley Books posted them in the Classifieds made $6 for 12 Books Laughing

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:16 pm

OhMy not bad

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:10 am

I have quite a collection of SVH books Smile

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 3:41 pm

you should keep them. Smile

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 6:22 am

It's been awhile since I've read one of the Sweet Valley books, but I used to love them! I may even still have one or two that I have yet to read.

I didn't know that there was a 'new' version of the books. Are they by the same person, (I know that the series had one creator but probably a few different authors), or did someone new write them? I'll have to look them up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Valley High Books!   Sweet Valley High Books! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sweet Valley High Books!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next