Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Happy010

THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Empty
PostSubject: THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip   THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:10 pm

THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Pen-Plow

THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip HarrietOleson1
Hey gang!!!
I thought it would be funny to have a Pen & Plow section where all of us can participate in!

As you know, The Pen & Plow was a newspaper that Walnut Grove had for a little while. In it, Harriett had a column called "Harriett's Happening" and yes... you guessed it... it was pure GOSSIP! Laughing

Here is a little info on how the printing press phase went for Walnut Grove:

*WAR DECLARED!*
Harriet introduced her very first ad for the paper: a 20% off sale at Oleson's Mercantile. Of course, the prices were raised 30% and 20% would be taken off. If you think that was a sneaky sales pitch, get a load of this: Harriet's first headline: War Declared! The folks of Walnut Grove were scared half to death thinking a war was declared, when in fact it was merely Oleson's Mercantile declaring war on high prices. The Pen & Plow's top reporter went on to print news stories that were nothing but twisted around, blown-out-of-proportion, first-hand gossip.

Albert also got in on the action lol. Time to literally give Harriet a run for her money. The next day, almost all of hero township flooded the mercantile for their 100% off sale. Laura and Albert had also tweaked a story about Nellie, making the Oleson daughter want to renounce her namesake, plus a hilarious story about Harriet to boot. Now you think she would have learned her lesson from this little act of tit for tat: gossip hurts. If it were anyone else, I'd say yes, but this is Harriet Oleson we're talking about here. Right away she printed a few more little gems: one stating that Jonathan was going to give Alice a ham for their anniversary, and that Charles fathered Albert illegitimately.

THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Gossip ************ THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Gossip

Soooooo.... I thought it would be funny if we posted funny Gossip/Tabloid clips of our own. All you have to do is find a funny picture or ANY picture of Little House on the Prairie show and write a few sentences or a statement... making it funny and absurd. Just for fun! greenS

Here is an example lol

THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Jbio
"This time I saw the whole leg!"
Willie Oleson has been seen peeking at adult magazines time and time again. Harriett Oleson was quoted as saying: "Oh! I just don't understand where my sweet young child would get these filthy magazines!"

Laughing

THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Horses10
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip   THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 6:20 pm

What a good idea, Carol! I wish I know how to post "forum gossip" at our own "Pen & Plow" section. It should be very funny.

You always has the brightest ideas! Thumbsup

But...Do you imagine what Rob and Larry should post in our own "Pen & Plow"??? And Savannah will use her pan on us more often than ever! grinsmiley

Vanesa.

THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip   THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:32 pm

Vanesa wrote:
But...Do you imagine what Rob and Larry should post in our own "Pen & Plow"??? And Savannah will use her pan on us more often than ever! grinsmiley

Vanesa.

HeeHee

Hey Carol, I don't have anything to add just yet, but I about keeled over when I saw the topic! I am currently borrowing season 5 from a friend, and just finished Fagin and am about to start Harriet's Happenings! thud How ironic and random is that?! OhMy

Neat idea! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip   THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:55 am

Amy wrote:
Hey Carol, I don't have anything to add just yet, but I about keeled over when I saw the topic! I am currently borrowing season 5 from a friend, and just finished Fagin and am about to start Harriet's Happenings! thud How ironic and random is that?! OhMy

Very! Laughing

Okay... I just HAD to do this one! laugh3
The colors of this picture are not the original colors. I mean... my computer froze and I lost all the work I had but good thing I was able to shoot a picture of the screen before the program completely stopped responding! Ugh...

Well.. here it is.... greenS

THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Tabloid1

THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Horses10
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip   THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 2:26 am

These are funny. I can't think of anything funny gossip right now. Come back to read more later on.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip   THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 8:45 am

Laughing That's great Carol! Gosh, that kid really did make you want to punch his lights out, didn't he?! HeeHee

Carol, I have no idea how to take still shots---is there a program I need to download or something? Could you PM me about this if you get a chance? (If it's complicated......if not maybe you could just post it here. Knowing me, it'll be complicated. greenS ).
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Purple2

PostSubject: Re: THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip   THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:02 am

Carol wrote:

Okay... I just HAD to do this one! laugh3
The colors of this picture are not the original colors. I mean... my computer froze and I lost all the work I had but good thing I was able to shoot a picture of the screen before the program completely stopped responding! Ugh...

Well.. here it is.... greenS

THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Tabloid1

laugh3 laugh3 laugh3 LOVE IT!!!

THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Rhonda10THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Purple2

PostSubject: Re: THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip   THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:14 am

WALNUT GROVE HAS PROBLEMS WITH MOLE!THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip VIDEO_TStitle2ch0frame39362

Stories around town have been popping up from an insider.
Untruths from this Mole have proven false, as the source was caught in the act.

Story by Harriett Oleson

THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Rhonda10THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip   THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Amy wrote:
Carol, I have no idea how to take still shots---is there a program I need to download or something? Could you PM me about this if you get a chance? (If it's complicated......if not maybe you could just post it here. Knowing me, it'll be complicated. greenS ).

LOL Amy. Well let's see... I use WinDVD (old version... might be upgrading to the 2010 version soon) Here you can download a Free Trial of the 2010 version which is nicer (simpler) looking than the one I have: http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1189528458632#versionTabview=tab1&tabview=tab5

THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip WinDVDpro2010_EN

THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip WinDVD-Platinum_4

Just pop in your DVD on the computer and with that program, hit pause on the video and click on little camera button and it takes the picture of that clip. It saves it to your computer as a JPG Thumbsup

Laughing Good one Rhonda! Thumbsup

Let's keep them coming everyone! dancegirl
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip   THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:57 pm

Too funny! I loved the one of the cow's birthday! laugh3 ROTFL

Vanesa. ROTFL

THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip   THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip Empty

Back to top Go down

THE PEN & PLOW - Walnut Grove's Scandalous Gossip
Page 1 of 1