HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Another young hockey player gone to soon.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Number of posts : 4810
Mood :

PostSubject: Another young hockey player gone to soon.    Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:05 pm

Supposedly it was suicide. He suffered from depression. Blue Please pray for Rick and his family.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/jets-forward-rypien-found-dead/article2130621/

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19957
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Another young hockey player gone to soon.    Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:16 pm

So much pressure put on young people today.....and those that play sports have a hard time as well.....so sorry for this family.... : Blue

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Number of posts : 7227
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Another young hockey player gone to soon.    Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:12 am

I agree, Rhonda. This is so sad.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13378
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Another young hockey player gone to soon.    Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Oh how awful. No What a nice looking young man, and such a bright future ahead. The article says that he was battling depression....I would love to know if he was on anti-depressants. They can be very dangerous, especially for young men....suicide can actually be a side effect of the drugs and a person who would never in a million years take their own life might do just that. Blue

I will keep Rick's family in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5178
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Another young hockey player gone to soon.    Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:56 pm

I hope it was not suicide...Poor boy. What culd cause a so deep depression to him? No

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37837
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Another young hockey player gone to soon.    Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:58 pm

That's soooooooo Blue

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Another young hockey player gone to soon.    Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm

I don't care how depressed I can get, I would never go on any drugs for it. That's how I lost my friend and co-worker that I told you all about at the beginning of the year.

It was confirmed that it was indeed suicide. Poor young man and his loved ones. Blue

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13378
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Another young hockey player gone to soon.    Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:26 pm

The thing is, there are a lot of natural things you can do to treat depression, but people often want the quick fix, not realizing all the side effects that aniti depressants can cause. Doctors are very quick to prescribe them these days---it's a quick and easy diagnosis and a pay-off from the pharmaceutical companies. I'm sorry if I sound jaded and pessimistic, but I have known people too who have been wrongfully placed on anti-depressants and then had to deal with the consequences.

I remember that about your friend Beckie. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Another young hockey player gone to soon.    Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:08 pm

I agree Amy.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another young hockey player gone to soon.    Today at 5:35 am

Back to top Go down

Another young hockey player gone to soon.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1