HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Safe travels...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:39 pm

pamh36 wrote:
I will be praying for a safe return. I'm sure he is disappointed about having to leave sooner than planned, but also at least somewhat relieved too. I know I would have been hightailing it out of there!

You and me both Pam. scared But I don't think Bren is all that relieved, lol....you know 'guys', I think he was kinda looking forward to the hurricane. Imokay Yikes I think he was looking forward to the 'adventure'. Whistle My hubby was all excited for him too! Boys! BatHit


Rob wrote:
Good news, Amy!

Thumbsup



Gin wrote:
Hurricanes have a way of rearranging life. He is right to leave now. The roadways will be stuffed very soon. Irene is a big one.....most Irene's are from my memory. ( Family reunion '84...she hugged me and I thought I would snap.)
Anyway, glad he is working his way back home. Thumbsup

Gin! HeeHee Actually, his grandmother's name was Irene, so he said, "I'll be ok mom---Grandma will protect me!" Um, okaaaay. Whistle



Lori wrote:
What a relief for you that he has to come home.

For real! Momma got her way! yesss Wink




Carol wrote:
Did they make it out Amy?

Haven't heard a thing yet....



bethandmanly wrote:
Considering that there is one bridge in and out of the OBX it will be so crazy. I talked to our real estate agent down there and she said the grocery stores were packed yesterday. They began evacuating Ocracroke on Wednesday, so I'm glad they are evacuating the entire area.

Yikes, I just can't even imagine. No Even all throughout their trip home, it's going to be crazy....I mean, they're heading through New York and D.C., which are heavily congested as it is! Yikes Hope you can avoid the hurricane's path too, Cheryl.


bethandmanly wrote:
They will definitely be in my prayers. Please keep us updated.


Thanks Cheryl, and everyone! I will definitely keep you all posted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:44 pm

Just heard from my son---he's far away from the Outer Banks! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7227
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:49 pm

Amy wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:
Considering that there is one bridge in and out of the OBX it will be so crazy. I talked to our real estate agent down there and she said the grocery stores were packed yesterday. They began evacuating Ocracroke on Wednesday, so I'm glad they are evacuating the entire area.

Yikes, I just can't even imagine. No Even all throughout their trip home, it's going to be crazy....I mean, they're heading through New York and D.C., which are heavily congested as it is! Yikes Hope you can avoid the hurricane's path too, Cheryl.

Would Route 13 be an alternate route for them to take? We don't take 95 all the way down or home anymore. It shaves time off the trip too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Carol
Adventure Seeker


Number of posts : 8656
Location : California Country
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:50 pm

Amy wrote:
Just heard from my son---he's far away from the Outer Banks! Thumbsup

dancegirl


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:45 pm

I'm not exactly sure which route they took home after all Cheryl....I know that's the way they went there though. He's in West Virginia now. Thumbsup Suddenly I can't get John Denver out of my head. Whistle greenS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:41 am

Brendan arrived back at college at 3:00am! Thumbsup Very happy to have him back in Michigan....although I know he's not too thrilled about it! Whistle Thank you all for your prayers! Smiley Hug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor


Number of posts : 19957
Location : On my bike!!!
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:47 am

Now that Brendan is back safe and sound.....let me tell you what my oldest brother did when he was stationed in NC during hurricane season..........







He went surfing, BODY surfing, no board....in 12 foot waves........
Whistle






CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7227
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:11 pm

Glad to hear he's back safely. That's one less gray hair on your head.


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5900
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:04 pm

I'm glad he made it back safely.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:13 pm

Thanks ladies! Smile And Rhonda, it's official. Daredevils obviously run in your family! HeeHee (By the way, Brendan LOVED the ocean. He was out there for 4 hours the other day boogie boarding. I know he had the time of his life---oh well, at least he got to enjoy it for awhile!).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5178
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:45 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Glad to hear he's back safely. That's one less gray hair on your head.

I agree! Mothers get quite excited when they boy or girl travels alone. I remember how upset my mother used to be when my brother or me, decided to travel! batEyes

Vanesa.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:52 pm

Vanesa wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:
Glad to hear he's back safely. That's one less gray hair on your head.

I agree! Mothers get quite excited when they boy or girl travels alone. I remember how upset my mother used to be when my brother or me, decided to travel! batEyes

Vanesa.


You two have no idea how ironic your statements....I'm sitting here letting my hair air dry after I colored the gray tonight. No lie! Laughing And I promise you there is one extra gray strand that did not get covered because of this. HeeHee
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor


Number of posts : 19957
Location : On my bike!!!
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:13 am

Amy wrote:
Vanesa wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:
Glad to hear he's back safely. That's one less gray hair on your head.

I agree! Mothers get quite excited when they boy or girl travels alone. I remember how upset my mother used to be when my brother or me, decided to travel! batEyes

Vanesa.


You two have no idea how ironic your statements....I'm sitting here letting my hair air dry after I colored the gray tonight. No lie! Laughing And I promise you there is one extra gray strand that did not get covered because of this. HeeHee

Well Honey, I can say that those gray hairs are quite strong!!! Both times going through cancer, chemo, and losing my hair...it was the gray ones that held on the tightest.....there was no denying the gray when they were the only ones there.....
HeeHee



CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5178
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Oh, Rhonda! Laughing

Vanesa.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Today at 5:09 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Safe travels...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Forever Travels #1!!!!
» is this med safe?
» Hope everyone in the southern USA will be safe!
» Gulliver's Travels
» Safe for table use?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Walnut Grove Community :: Prairie Voices: Advice & Prayer Requests-
Jump to: