Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LHOTP Reunion in Florida

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : LHOTP Reunion in Florida Purple2

LHOTP Reunion in Florida Empty
PostSubject: LHOTP Reunion in Florida   LHOTP Reunion in Florida EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 9:59 am

I received this email this morning, and I *think* it is for the month of October, that is the first month I see that has a Saturday on the 29th....I have an email to Ruthanne about that.....Anyway, for those of you who might be close to New Hope, Florida, perhaps you can make some plans........Under Ruthanne's email, I copy and pasted some info about Laura and Almanzo's time in Florida. Thumbsup

LHOTP 6th reunion and picnic will be held New Hope, Florida Saturday 29 2011. Hoping to see you there
Ruthanne

Westville, Florida

Past:
In 1891, Laura and Almanzo Wilder left Almanzo's parents' home in Spring Valley, Minnesota, and settled in the tiny community of New Hope, Florida, near Westville. Laura's cousin, Peter Franklin Ingalls, was already living here with his wife Mary ("Molly"). Laura could not tolerate the humid weather, however, and she and Almanzo returned to De Smet, South Dakota less than a year later. Laura's daughter, Rose Wilder Lane, who was about five years old when the family lived in New Hope, wrote a short story entitled "Innocence" based on the family's stay here.

Present:
A historical marker has been placed on the Peter Ingalls property, commemorating Laura's and Almanzo's stay here. The Mt. Ida Methodist and Congregational Church which Almanzo and Laura attended while living here, as did the Peter Ingalls family, still stands. The graves of Peter, his wife, and one son, Alex, can be found behind the church.

LHOTP Reunion in Florida Rhonda10LHOTP Reunion in Florida Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : LHOTP Reunion in Florida Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP Reunion in Florida   LHOTP Reunion in Florida EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Weren't the Ingalls there with Peter and family when Freddie died? Do we know where Freddie is buried?

Thanks for sharing....I'm probably the closest to Florida but its still several hours from me. One of these days maybe.

LHOTP Reunion in Florida Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : LHOTP Reunion in Florida Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP Reunion in Florida   LHOTP Reunion in Florida EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:29 pm

Gin wrote:
Weren't the Ingalls there with Peter and family when Freddie died? Do we know where Freddie is buried?

Baby Freddie was buried on Peter and Eiza Ingalls's property in South Troy, MN. After crop failures in Walnut Grove, Charles and Caroline sold their home on Plum Creek and traveled to Iowa. Along the way they visited with Peter and Eliza.

Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : LHOTP Reunion in Florida Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP Reunion in Florida   LHOTP Reunion in Florida EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:06 pm

Okay...thanks Cheryl. I knew someone would know.

LHOTP Reunion in Florida Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP Reunion in Florida   LHOTP Reunion in Florida EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:24 pm

"...
A historical marker has been placed on the Peter Ingalls property, commemorating Laura's and Almanzo's stay here. The Mt. Ida Methodist and Congregational Church which Almanzo and Laura attended while living here, as did the Peter Ingalls family, still stands. The graves of Peter, his wife, and one son, Alex, can be found behind the church...."

Laura didn't have too good memories of Florida. The heat made her almost to faint; she rarely feel like working when living in Westville and it seems that women of her neighborhood thought she was a "haughty yankee". I don't know if it was true, but there was a certain Wilder's adaptation trouble to Florida lifestyle. Rose wrote one of her best fiction remembering her life there:"Innocence". It's a great work. Almost a thriller!

If you want to have an excellent account of Wilder's life in Westville, Florida, read "Laura INgalls Wilder; the Westville Florida Years", by Alene Warnock (1979). It's full of info and great photos.

Vanesa. Smile

LHOTP Reunion in Florida Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : LHOTP Reunion in Florida Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP Reunion in Florida   LHOTP Reunion in Florida EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:07 pm

Is this a LHOP cast reunion or an Ingalls family reunion?

LHOTP Reunion in Florida MarilynKeeper LHOTP Reunion in Florida Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP Reunion in Florida   LHOTP Reunion in Florida EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 9:32 pm

I don't have a clue...probably an Ingalls' reunion....haven't heard back from Ruthanne.... scratchead

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP Reunion in Florida   LHOTP Reunion in Florida EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:36 am

Vanesa wrote:
"If you want to have an excellent account of Wilder's life in Westville, Florida, read "Laura INgalls Wilder; the Westville Florida Years", by Alene Warnock (1979). It's full of info and great photos.

I don't think I knew about this book. Thanks Vanesa.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP Reunion in Florida   LHOTP Reunion in Florida EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 9:59 am

Ruthanne answered my email about the month for this...it is October......not sure of anything else, but probably an Ingalls' reunion.....haven't heard anything about a cast reunion happening.... scratchead

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP Reunion in Florida   LHOTP Reunion in Florida EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:22 am

Rhonda wrote:
Ruthanne answered my email about the month for this...it is October......not sure of anything else, but probably an Ingalls' reunion.....haven't heard anything about a cast reunion happening.... scratchead

During Lennon's interview with Susan McCray on Tuesday he said there were no reunions that he knew of. The cruise this November was cancelled due to lack of participation--not surprising considering the cost--and Susan hadn't heard about any cast reunions either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP Reunion in Florida   LHOTP Reunion in Florida Empty

Back to top Go down

LHOTP Reunion in Florida
Page 1 of 1