Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : home - 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home Happy010

home - 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home Empty
PostSubject: 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home   home - 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 11:35 am

Interesting article I saw on MSN this morning.
Sad to say... but just the other day I was telling my mom that we use way too many chemicals. I was looking under the sink and saw all the bottles of cleaning products we have.

I think I'll start going over what we have and replacing them with something more natural.

What about you guys? Do you feel that you use too many chemicals?

Click below to read the article. home - 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home Spointing_down_100-100

home - 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home Hth-110824-soap-hmed-11a.grid-6x2
Good, old-fashioned soap and water will kill just as many germs as the antibacterial stuff -- and it won't disrupt thyroid function or harm aquatic life, as some antimicrobial cleansers do.

home - 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : home - 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home   home - 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 12:55 pm

Good article Carol---thanks for posting it! And yep, we made the switch from antibacterial soaps a few years ago...not only are they harmful, they're terribly drying to the skin.

As far as cleaning, I make sure to have this amazing liquid soap on hand all the time---it's great, and it's sold all over the place now. I love the soft peppermint scent, which is their most popular. It can be diluted for multi purposes too, so don't be too afraid of the price. Oh, try this as a jewelry cleaner----I clean my diamond wedding ring (and CZ jewelry) with a baking soda paste, then soak it for an hour in this stuff, and OH MY!!! thud

http://www.drugstore.com/dr-bronners-18-in-1-hemp-pure-castile-soap-peppermint/qxp40925

My biggest issue is the home fragrance stuff---I am such a sucker for all of it. I love candles, the room fresheners (like Glad oil plug-ins), etc....
So if anyone knows of scented candles/plug ins that are chemical free and still 'yummy', by all means, let me know! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : home - 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home Happy010

PostSubject: Re: 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home   home - 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:35 pm

I will definitely look into that liquid soap! Thumbsup

Amy wrote:

My biggest issue is the home fragrance stuff---I am such a sucker for all of it. I love candles, the room fresheners (like Glad oil plug-ins), etc....
So if anyone knows of scented candles/plug ins that are chemical free and still 'yummy', by all means, let me know! Thumbsup

Ugh... me too. If all else fails I'll just bake some cookies... I'm sure that will fill the room with some good aromas grinsmiley

home - 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home Horses10
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : home - 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home   home - 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 6:13 pm

Good said, Carol! The article was very interesting and our old soap wroks greatly to keep our houses clean enough!

Vanesa. Thumbsup

home - 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home   home - 5 toxic chemicals you should banish from your home Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1