Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dancing With the Stars

Go down 
+6
Gin
HarrisonCrosby4387
Amy
Carol
Rhonda
Rob
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Dancing With the Stars Goodsi10

Dancing With the Stars Empty
PostSubject: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 8:52 am

The lineup for the next DWtS was revealed yesterday (the first show is Sept. 19). As always, please hold your applause until all the names have been read:

Carson Kressley

Kristin Cavallari

Chynna Phillips

David Arquette

Ricki Lake

Ron Artest

Nancy Grace

Hope Solo

Elisabetta Canalis

Rob Kardashian

J.R. Martinez

Chaz Bono
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Dancing With the Stars Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 12:05 pm

OH MY GOSH!!!! 'NUF SAID!!! ROTFL

Dancing With the Stars Rhonda10Dancing With the Stars Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 12:26 pm

Don't laugh! These are all A-list celebs! Dancing With the Stars Grins10
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Dancing With the Stars Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 12:48 pm

thud

Great!!! Looks like I'll have time to see another show instead! lol

Dancing With the Stars Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Dancing With the Stars Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 2:46 pm

thud I'm with Rhonda!! ROTFL

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Dancing With the Stars Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:16 pm

I am very tolerable of all walks of life, but I cannot get behind a transvestite. I think it is wrong to have Chaz on this show. I feel really bad for her (she is still a woman to me) partner.

I will not be watching this season.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:56 pm

Actually, Chaz is a transsexual. S/he's had the surgery. S/he's not just dressing up. That was Cher. Dancing With the Stars 811339
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 7:06 pm

Good grief! I dont think i will pop popcorn for this....I might choke! showpop

Guess Melissa is too busy filing divorce papers.....I'm sad.

Dancing With the Stars Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 7:33 pm

Rob wrote:
Actually, Chaz is a transsexual. S/he's had the surgery. S/he's not just dressing up. That was Cher. Dancing With the Stars 811339

Umm, saw Chaz on Oprah before she went off the air and he/she took the hormones and got the deeper voice and hair growth on face and dresses as a man would.....BUT....admitted that the 'other' has NOT been done......yet........... Dancing With the Stars 68167

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 8:13 pm

Oh... so she... you know... hasn't... um... as of yet... she still... you know... um... Dancing With the Stars 987572

That's what you're getting at, right?
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:29 pm

Dancing With the Stars 11_9_12 yep.....

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:27 pm

Go Nancy Grace!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dancing With the Stars TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:23 pm

Teresa wrote:

Thumbsup Kind of anxious to see her out there! Smile I know a lot of peple can't stand her, but I think she's awesome. Should be interesting to see how big her fan base is.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:38 pm

Here's my take:

Carson Kressley - No idea who he (assuming a man) is or why he is a "star"

Kristin Cavallari - No idea who she is or why she is a "star"

Chynna Phillips - The name seems vaguely familiar - is this some reality TV star?

David Arquette - Don't know who he is or why he is a "star"

Ricki Lake - at least I know who she is....not sure if I would consider her a "star" but maybe a "celebrity" at least

Ron Artest - don't know who he or why he is a "star"

Nancy Grace - I do know who she is....again, I don't think I would say "star" but maybe "celebrity"

Hope Solo - don't know who she is or why she is a "star"

Elisabetta Canalis - I think she was George Clooney's love interest for a couple of years or so? Is that what makes her a "star"?

Rob Kardashian - I have heard of Kim Kardashian, and I think she is some kind of reality show "star" and I think this is her brother. I don't even know if he is also on the same reality show as Kim or what?

J.R. Martinez - don't know who he or she is or why he or she is a "star"

Chaz Bono - I do know who this person is, but I do not consider this person to be a "star" of anything. This person is famous primarily, in my opinion, because of being the child of a famous couple who is also involved in a trans-gender issue. Maybe that is enough to be considered a "celebrity."

So why don't they change this show's name to "Dancing with the Celebrities" or "Dancing with People of Whom AmyK Doesn't Know Why They Are Stars"?!?!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:56 pm

amyk wrote:
So why don't they change this show's name to "Dancing with the Celebrities" or "Dancing with People of Whom AmyK Doesn't Know Why They Are Stars"?!?!

Well, even "celebrities" is stretching it a bit. This is a big show. For the life of me, I don't know why they don't have actual stars.

I heard that when they introduced David Arquette as one of the dancers, they called him "King of the movies." Um-hmm. Dancing With the Stars 68167

Let's see... Ron Artest is a basketball player. Chynna Phillips is a former member of the singing trio Wilson Phillips, and is married to one or more of the Baldwin brothers. Carson Kressley used to be on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Hope Solo is the goalkeeper of the U.S. soccer team.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Dancing With the Stars Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:34 pm

i think he/she looked better has a girl. grinsmiley

not gonna be watching.. OhMy Yikes

They just put any-one on the show now..

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:04 pm

Amy wrote:
Thumbsup Kind of anxious to see her out there! Smile I know a lot of peple can't stand her, but I think she's awesome. Should be interesting to see how big her fan base is.

Amy! Proofread...quick!!!

Dancing With the Stars HummerDancing With the Stars MistiKeeperDancing With the Stars Bookclub5Dancing With the Stars Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:04 pm

Amy wrote:
Teresa wrote:

Don't forget she said goodbye to the "twins." HeeHee

Dancing With the Stars HummerDancing With the Stars MistiKeeperDancing With the Stars Bookclub5Dancing With the Stars Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:06 pm

Amy wrote:
peple

Dancing With the Stars Hillbilly-beauty-barney-fife

Thanks! Dancing With the Stars 702150
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:07 pm

Misti wrote:
Don't forget she said goodbye to the "twins." Dancing With the Stars 440956

Huh? Dancing With the Stars 988160
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:20 pm

J. R. Martinez: I had never heard of him until I saw an advertisement for the show. Then I recognized him.
Dancing With the Stars Jr11

Jose Rene Martinez (born June 14, 1983) is an American actor, spokesman and former U.S. Army soldier. J.R. plays the role of Brot Monroe in ABC’s Emmy Award-winning daytime drama, "All My Children.” Martinez's first airdate on the program was Friday, November 7, 2008. In 2003, J.R. experienced severe burns to over 40 percent of his body while serving as a United States Army infantryman in Iraq. After a long and difficult recovery, J.R. spends his time traveling the country extensively in his role as a spokesman and motivational speaker sharing his message of resilience and optimism to large corporations, veteran groups, schools, and other organizations.

J. R. Martinez was born in Shreveport, Louisiana on June 14, 1983 to Maria Zavala. He has two sisters, Consuelo and Anabel. Both sisters were raised in El Salvador with his mother’s family. Anabel died as a toddler before J.R. was ever able to meet her.

At nine years old, J.R. moved with his mother to Hope, Arkansas where he lived until he was 17. At 17, he moved to Dalton, Georgia, a place he proudly calls his hometown. During his senior year he played strong safety for the Dalton High School Catamounts when they went to Georgia’s State Championship. Playing professional football was his dream until he suffered an injury his senior year.

November 3, 2008, J.R. Martinez was cast in ABC’s Emmy Award-winning daytime drama, "All My Children”, to play the role of Brot Monroe.

In story, the character Brot Monroe served in the U.S. Army in Iraq and was injured in combat. While serving, he fell in love with Lt. Taylor Thompson (Beth Ehlers). Due to the extent of his injuries, Brot made the decision to allow Taylor to believe he had died, not wanting to subject her to the reality of his injuries. The character’s injury was determined by Martinez’s personal injuries. After many surgeries and recovery, Brot returns to find his fiancée has been grieving her loss, not knowing Brot is actually still alive. Martinez's first airdate on the program was on Friday, November 7, 2008.

“We are honored and delighted to welcome JR Martinez to the cast of “All My Children.” JR represents the best of the human spirit. His commitment to help his fellow service men and women and their families has inspired us all. JR’s challenging journey and resilience will bring a uniquely authentic perspective to the role of Brot Monroe” says executive producer Julie Hanan Carruthers.

Military career: J.R. enlisted in the United States Army in September 2002 and underwent Basic and Advanced Training at Fort Benning, Georgia where he gained skills as an 11-B Infantryman. After reporting to Fort Campbell in January 2003 he was assigned to his unit 2/502 Delta Company.

He was deployed to Iraq in February and in April 2003, J.R. was serving as a driver of a Humvee when his left front tire hit a landmine and he suffered severe burns to more than 40 percent of his body as well as smoke inhalation. He was then evacuated to Landstuhl, Germany for immediate care and then eventually arrived at Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC) in San Antonio, TX to begin his road to recovery. He spent 34 months at BAMC, undergoing 32 different surgeries, including skin grafts and cosmetic surgery.

During his time in recovery, a nurse asked him to speak to a burn patient, who had just seen his body for the first time and had become withdrawn. After an approximate 45-minute visit, the patient opened the curtain letting light in his room. J.R. then understood the impact he had on this patient and decided to use his experience to help others, visiting with several of the patients in the hospital, sharing his story and listening to theirs.

Since then, J.R. has become a highly sought-after motivational speaker, traveling the country to spread his message of resilience and optimism. He is called on by a wide-range of groups, including large corporations, veterans groups, non-profits and schools, and has shared the stage with the likes of global self-help guru Tony Robbins and Evangelist Dave Roever. Martinez has been featured in the Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post, PEOPLE magazine, the New York Times, and the New York Daily News, has appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show, 60 Minutes, The View, CNN, Inside Edition, FOX News, Good Morning America, Univision, along with other major national news outlets. In 2009 Martinez was honored by the non-profit Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA) with the Veterans Leadership Award, given in recognition of his dedication to our nation's newest generation of veterans.

In August 2011, it was announced that Martinez, alongside professional dancer Karina Smirnoff would appear on the 13th season of TV show Dancing with the Stars.

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:22 pm

Rob wrote:
Misti wrote:
Don't forget she said goodbye to the "twins." Dancing With the Stars 440956

Huh? Dancing With the Stars 988160

Chastity/Chaz....not completely a man yet but she did say goodbye to her "twins." Ooops

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:22 pm

Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:
peple

Dancing With the Stars Hillbilly-beauty-barney-fife

Thanks! Dancing With the Stars 702150
Sorry, Amy... bawling

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 7:08 pm

Oh! I thought you were talking about Nancy Grace. Dancing With the Stars 811339
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 7:35 pm

HeeHee

Dancing With the Stars Mira-quien-baila

Dancing With the Stars Horses10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars Empty

Back to top Go down

Dancing With the Stars
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next