Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!

Go down 
+4
Prairie Dweller
bethandmanly
Krissy
Carol
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! Happy010

AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! Empty
PostSubject: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:27 pm

It was only a matter of time loveheart

I have the first one in High Def and definitely want to get this one as well. Thumbsup

Purchase here: http://shopatsullivan.com/dvds/anne-of-green-gables-1/anne-of-green-gables-the-sequel-digitally-remastered-widescreen-edition.html

AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! Anne2hdl_13

AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! Horses10
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:52 pm

Well my hands were itching too much and being that I got a little extra money, I went ahead and ordered it greenS

BTW, if you want to get it as well... I found a coupon code (Marilla20) that saves you $3 bucks

AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! AOGG-Discount

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! Headac10

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 6:18 pm

i want that so baaaaaad.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 9:44 pm

I need a television that's HD first.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:08 am

That's still money to dish out. i just got them all on DVD few year's ago.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:48 am

I'll only purchase this if there's a super good deal on it. I was not at all impressed with the Anne "hd" release. The 20th "Anne"versary set has better quality than the Anne "hd".

AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 11:58 am

Prairie Dweller wrote:
I'll only purchase this if there's a super good deal on it. I was not at all impressed with the Anne "hd" release. The 20th "Anne"versary set has better quality than the Anne "hd".

With my luck, a special deal will pop up any day now... days after I bought mine lol

I got a terrible deal with the first movie... was one of the first ones to buy it and paid a big price and was expecting a bluray quality lol. I felt robbed, specially after the price was cut by $20 dollars PLUS they gave you some heart candy and a neat box Blue

But all in all, I do like the widescreen "HD" version. The player I have also upgrades it to the best picture quality. I didn't look like a bluray version... and this new one won't either because they are DVDs... so they are not really true HD.

I'll post pics as soon as I can once I get the movie Smile

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 1:08 pm

Carol wrote:
I got a terrible deal with the first movie... was one of the first ones to buy it and paid a big price and was expecting a bluray quality lol. I felt robbed, specially after the price was cut by $20 dollars PLUS they gave you some heart candy and a neat box

Aw, Carol, I would feel robbed too! No That's terrible! I did think that price was high, considering it wasn't even blu-ray. If it was blu-ray I can see where they might charge quite a bit more.

I hope you like the quality of the sequel! Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:48 am

Right, I realize that these can never be a true hd release, but nonetheless, I was still very unimpressed by the quality. I found the image to be darker and to be fuzzy.
http://avonleavignettes.com/anne/comparison.html

I've always hoped that the copy I received was a fluke!

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:01 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
I've always hoped that the copy I received was a fluke!

Laughing Sadly no... lol

Interesting article. Believe me, for what I paid... I was hoping 1080P bluray picture lol

I don't remember mine being so dark, I must put it on again to see. I had my TV calibrated to show the best possible colors...

That being said... I do prefer the widescreen version over the letterbox version. In letterbox, you tend to just look at the people but in widescreen... your eyes look at the people and their surrounding area a little more.

Have you ordered the Sequel HD yet?

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:38 am

No, not yet. I probably will though because I just have to own just about anything Anne related.

I'll probably wait to see if they have a good Thanksgiving sale again this year. I think I still have one of the gift cards that I purchased last year.
The one hundred dollar gift cards were fifty dollars and I was able to also receive 10% off and free shipping! :O

I'm guessing that the Sequel will look better than Anne1. I think that originally Anne2 was in better shape... though I do recall some of the Kingsport scenes being a bit grainy.

I look forward to seeing caps. :)

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am

I need to get it on DVD. I have it the first two on VHS but no working VCR. It's been a few years since I've gotten to watch them. I miss watching them with my girls! bawling

AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 10:30 am

{{{Lori}}}
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 10:08 am

i still got my vhs too.

Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 1:23 pm

Oh great! I have an older friend who was friends with Colleen Dewherst in high school and her first two years of college. I can relate to Anne so much.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:22 pm

nice

Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:10 am

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
nice
Collen was not the proper young lady at her all girl's college and got expelled. I think that's what my friend told me.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 2:28 pm

oh wow.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 5:11 pm

Collen & Megan Follows were in a movie together called "Termini Station" which is on youtube for anyone who dares to see it! lol

They are NOT in Green Gables anymore! Colleen plays a drunk and Megan is a little rebel herself.

AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! 220px-Termini_Station_VideoCover

Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:30 pm

I've been wanting to see that.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:14 pm

Lori wrote:
I need to get it on DVD. I have it the first two on VHS but no working VCR. It's been a few years since I've gotten to watch them. I miss watching them with my girls! bawling

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
i still got my vhs too.

I had a sleepover at my friend's house this weekend (yes, 40 somethings do that too HeeHee ), and we were going to watch her 20 year old AOGG VHS copy. But honestly, after a few minutes, I couldn't stand it. It sounds snobby, but it would have been agonizing for me to sit through that! My dvd has excellent quality, and the whole idea with AOGG is to absorb the amazing Canadian scenery along with everything else. We ended up watching Dr. Quinn. greenS
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 2:00 am

Okay gang! Smile

Here are some pics of Anne 2.
I have not seen the movie yet but I wanted to post 3 pics up.

AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! ANNE2PT1-5

AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! ANNE2PT1-4

Okay, I had to brighten this pic up! lol
AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! ANNEPART2DISC2-3

*I love how the eyes pick up extra things when watching widescreen. Thumbsup I can't wait to watch it comfortably on TV. The quality I must say is the same as Anne 1 ... maybe a tiny bit better.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:52 am

I love those pics, Carol. Especially the third one. Thumbsup

Have you watched the movie yet?
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:13 pm

awesome pics grinsmiley Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Carol wrote:
Collen & Megan Follows were in a movie together called "Termini Station" which is on youtube for anyone who dares to see it! lol

They are NOT in Green Gables anymore! Colleen plays a drunk and Megan is a little rebel herself.

AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! 220px-Termini_Station_VideoCover

that looks good. might have to look for it. Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!   AOGG - The Sequel:  Now in HD! Empty

Back to top Go down

AOGG - The Sequel: Now in HD!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next