Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Second Spring

Go down 
+5
littlehouselover
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Krissy
Harrietfan
Ruth
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : Second Spring  Pbucket

Second Spring  Empty
PostSubject: Second Spring    Second Spring  EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Nels packs his bags and heads out of town.He comes across Molly Reardon's Boarding House where he meets the owner... A beautiful Irish woman who makes him feel right at home.

Lovey-Dovey episode... HeeHee

Great anyway....

Leaves Second Spring  RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

Number of posts : 133

Second Spring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Spring    Second Spring  EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:34 pm

Oh this episode was so good! I feel so bad for Harriet when she puts that pink bow in her hair and is all exited and Nels says in his deadpan voice that's he has been awfly busy and hasn't thought of Harriet. I do think that Charles bursting in on Molly and Nels's kissing seemed over the top. I love that Harriet and Nels got back together.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Second Spring  Headac10

Second Spring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Spring    Second Spring  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:47 pm

I think sometimes you need to be a part from a person to be able to appreciate what you have.Has you saw the time a part really helped them.Glad they made up. Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : Second Spring  Goodsi10

Second Spring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Spring    Second Spring  EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 10:24 pm

I think Nels deserved much better than Harriet.........just saying

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

Second Spring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Spring    Second Spring  EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Well, they made quite a few characters feel the glow of someone else's intentions, but I wish Nel's didn't lie about being married...her "assuming" it would have been one thing, pretending is another. I realize though, Nel's is human and Harriet quite a cross to bear. ; ) The kiss was a bit much, not a peck, but he had the leeway to do more with Nels than other closer family characters. I was shocked! This was about a year before Michael Landon's divorce also, I wonder if he thought of it filming.
If Nel's married someone like Caroline, his life would have been different but probably more dull.
I liked the change of scenery and it works out well in the end, love how they walk together at night.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Second Spring  Bokmal10

Second Spring  Empty
PostSubject: Harriet   Second Spring  EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:33 am

If Nel's married someone like Caroline, his life would have been different but probably more dull.

I would have taken the dull! If I were Nel's, and married to Harriet, they would have ended up hanging me anyway.

FOR MURDER!
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

Second Spring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Spring    Second Spring  EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:14 am

LOL...she did have her moments...luckily, unlike Nancy, they showed some sweeter ones to make her likable, but certain things would have put many people over the edge.
She was quite a character!
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Second Spring  Purple2

Second Spring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Spring    Second Spring  EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:50 am

Not one of my favorites. Caroline was mad at Charles for forgetting their anniversary and forgave him after he gave her a bottle of perfume. The look on Mrs.Oleson's face when Nels told her take the tongue out of the oven was priceless.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : Second Spring  Bokmal10

Second Spring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Spring    Second Spring  EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:27 pm

I liked this episode, because Nels finally stood up to Harriet! some of the words that they exchanged were quite funny grinsmiley
Back to top Go down

Second Spring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Spring    Second Spring  EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:43 pm

I recognize her as Maggie Horton from Days of Our Lives
Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

Number of posts : 133

Second Spring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Spring    Second Spring  EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 3:32 am

Her stereotypical Irishness drove me crazy. She was like a little leprechaun. I'd never even heard some of those sweet curses. I was expecting a saints preserve us, or Holy Mary Mother of God to come out of her mouth. "Bearded moses and the prophets" I've never heard that one. That brogue was so over the top and her dad was just as stereotypical.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

Second Spring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Spring    Second Spring  EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 2:30 pm

Just finished this one. I have mixed feelings about it. I wish that they had not actually made the issue be partially about the age difference between Nels and Molly. So if she had been older, then would he have perhaps truly considered divorcing Harriet and marrying her? He even mentioned that as the first reason that he was not going to ask for her hand in marriage. But I am very glad that, for whatever reason, he went back to Harriet.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Second Spring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Spring    Second Spring  EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 2:32 pm

Harrietfan wrote:
Oh this episode was so good! I feel so bad for Harriet when she puts that pink bow in her hair and is all exited and Nels says in his deadpan voice that's he has been awfly busy and hasn't thought of Harriet. I do think that Charles bursting in on Molly and Nels's kissing seemed over the top. I love that Harriet and Nels got back together.
I actually felt that Charles should have pulled Nels aside right then and talked to him, rather than pretending not to know him. And I think that Charles should have challenged Nels to think of his marriage vows, etc. Or at least I think it would have been good for Charles to encourage Nels to talk to Revd. Alden.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Second Spring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Spring    Second Spring  EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 2:36 pm

Oh, I also actually would kind of have liked it if we learned Molly treated all her boarders this way, but I guess we have to assume the very best of her and that she did truly care for Nels. Maybe that is better because it makes the dilemma for Nels that much more - she truly was as sweet as can be. Of course, would she have stayed that way? I agree that her Irish-ness seemed kind of phony to me, and doing the Irish jig on top of all of it, etc. I also recognize her as Maggie Horton from Days of Our Lives so I know the whole Irish bit is all fake with her, too, which maybe adds to the cheeziness of it. But maybe back then when the Irish were newer immigrants, they did retain that kind of Irish culture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Second Spring  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Spring    Second Spring  Empty

Back to top Go down

Second Spring
Page 1 of 1