Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Werewolf of Walnut Grove

Go down 
+3
sunnydayz5
Krissy
Ruth
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove Pbucket

Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove Empty
PostSubject: The Werewolf of Walnut Grove   Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:38 pm

A single father arrives in Walnut Grove with his son, Bart. The boy creates immediate trouble in school.Miss Wilder is about to leave her job when......

Great episode.
I always like the school episodes... greenS

Leaves Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove Headac10

PostSubject: Re: The Werewolf of Walnut Grove   Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:52 pm

Yes a great one. I'am so glad that the children stand up to the mean dude. Thumbsup

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
sunnydayz5
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
sunnydayz5

Number of posts : 14
Mood : Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: The Werewolf of Walnut Grove   Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:56 pm

I must confess, this is my favorite Almanzo episode so far... (I'm watching them all in order) I loved how Almanzo immediately picks Laura up when Bartholomew was beating up Albert, like she was the one getting hurt HeeHee . and Laura's good bye to Almanzo...there are 4 girls in my family, including my mom. Needless to say, my dad had to cover his ears because we kept squealing so much grinsmiley

Sheesh that big kid was such a jerk. Bartholomew[b] was horrid.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: The Werewolf of Walnut Grove   Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:33 pm

I saw this one today. Either I'd never seen it before, or else it had been so long that I'd forgotten. It was a good one, but I was surprised that they used the same ending, with the younger kids banding together to beat up the bad kid, that they'd used in "The Bully Boys" three seasons earlier.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove Headac10

PostSubject: Re: The Werewolf of Walnut Grove   Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Rob wrote:
I saw this one today.  Either I'd never seen it before, or else it had been so long that I'd forgotten.  It was a good one, but I was surprised that they used the same ending, with the younger kids banding together to beat up the bad kid, that they'd used in "The Bully Boys" three seasons earlier.  

I never noticed that.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove Happy010

PostSubject: Re: The Werewolf of Walnut Grove   Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 1:30 pm

I thought this was a great episode! Wow, that Bart and his dad sure were awful! I love how Albert came up with the idea of dressing up as a werewolf and scaring Bart. I was really laughing during the whole part where they were playing Albert was chained up in the barn and was a werewolf. They gave Bart a good scare.... their plan was working perfectly until Carrie had to come out and ruin it! I suspect that Bart might not have really "changed" if the scare had worked as intended. I love how Laura thought up that the whole class had to stand up to Bart the next time he bullied someone. It was amazing that once they all stood up to him that he quickly changed and realized his defeat. I love how when Bart's dad wanted to go break up the fight against his son that Almanzo reminded him he was the one that said grown ups let kids handle things on their own!  Glad Bart changed in the end and the Wilders got to stay in Walnut Grove. Thumbsup

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove Purple2

PostSubject: Re: The Werewolf of Walnut Grove   Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 8:30 am

I don't like how mean Bart was to Miss Wilder and Albert. He was a mean and nasty bully. So happy the kids took action and stood up to Bart and he apologized to Miss Wilder for all the things he did. Ruth, Bart's mother was there. His father was shown more.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: The Werewolf of Walnut Grove   Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 10:48 pm

Ruth wrote:
A single father arrives in Walnut Grove with his son, Bart. The boy creates immediate trouble in school.Miss Wilder is about to leave her job when......

Great episode.
I always like the school episodes... greenS
Bart was only going to school because his mother (who we saw in the episode) believed he needed to.

One thing that I do think Miss Wilder did wrong was that she announced in front of the whole class something like, "I hope you do better in this school than you did in your last one." That was before Bart had done anything wrong.....and she also didn't call him by the name he said he wanted to be called by, i.e. calling him "Bartholomew." I'm not saying that Bart's actions are because of that, but certainly they did not even get off on the right foot at all.

I do like that we got to see a bit more of Carrie in this one. I still feel like if they had used the Greenbush girls more, they would have been able to develop their acting and there could have been some really good episodes that were more Carrie-focused. I never quite understand why it seems that Carrie just gets "shelved" in some episodes and that it is almost like she does not exist. If the actress' ability was not up to what it needed to be, I think they could have re-cast her. But I still feel like the Greenbush twins could pull if off if only they were given more opportunity.

I also loved learning about the lyricist of Onward Christian Soldiers writing a book about werewolves! Who would have thought that? I even went on the internet and looked up stuff about him doing that. You can even get his book on Amazon.

Last edited by amyk on Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Werewolf of Walnut Grove   Grove - The Werewolf of Walnut Grove Empty

Back to top Go down

The Werewolf of Walnut Grove
Page 1 of 1