Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

In the Spotlight: Buttercup!

Go down 
+9
Krissy
Amy
Carol
Honeybee
Ruth
Rhonda
alexczarn
Rob
Savannah
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Happy010

In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Empty
PostSubject: In the Spotlight: Buttercup!   In the Spotlight: Buttercup! EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:47 pm

This week we features the prairie's own Buttercup! One of our newer members - and one of the newer members of the Prairie Playground! (Glad to have you playing the games, Buttercup!) Thanks for letting us get to know a little more about you! And now it's time for:

In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Spotli16 Getting to Know Buttercup! In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Spotli17

In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Butter10

How did you get interested in LHOTP? One day at elementary school. The whole school From Kindergarten through twelve grade. Was watching Little House On The Prairie. (The Pilot) In the gym. I start loving the show, right away.

Which came first for you: the books or the TV series? The TV.

If you’ve read any of the books, which one do you like best? Yes, I read them. My favorite is Little House in the Big Woods

How often do you watch the TV series? I watch it through out my childhood the re-runs.

Have you watched other productions of LH? If so, did you like them? Yes. Just one. No, it wasn't the same. I the classic Little House on the Prairie.

Did you get to see the LHOTP musical with Melissa Gilbert? No. But, I wanted to.

Do you have a favorite character? Yes. They are Laura, Charles, & Albert.

Do you believe that the moral lessons that Little House taught helped to make you a better person? Yes.

Is there an episode that stands out in your mind as a favorite? I have so many favorites. But, the most favorite of all is: Little House on the Prairie (The Pilot)

Do any of the episodes move you to tears? If so, why? The Lord is my Shepard. Because, it's hard to lose a child.

Who do you most relate to? Laura & Baby Grace.

Where were you born? Warren, Michigan.

How many states/places have you lived in? Just one state. Lived in one county. Moved to different houses like 6 times.

How many people are in your family? There's eight of us. My mom, my dad, my older sister, my older brother-in-law, my three nieces, & me. (My older sister & her family, lives in a different home.)

In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Genaga10

(Buttercup's three nieces)
Have you ever been married? / Are you married? No, I'm single.

Do you have children? Yes. My four legged daughter Leia (She's a schnoodle)

In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Leiaso10

& My son name is Joey. (Who is a Beta fish)

In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Joeyth10

Do any others in your family share your affection for Little House on the Prairie and Laura Ingalls Wilder’s work? My mom grew up, watching little house on the prairie.

Have you met any of the cast members? No, I haven't

Do you own anything Little House related? No.

Have you met any of the board members? No.

How long have you been a member on the LH board? I join this year. June 24, 2011

What are some things that you enjoy doing to relax? listen to music, read, yoga breathing, & just imagine I'm in Little House on the Prairie.

In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Nk110

In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Markdo10

What season do you like best? Spring, summer, autumn or winter? Summer

What season were you born in? Summer

What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving & Christmas

What has been your biggest challenge? My mild cerebral palsy. Doing my best, I can. I was tease, when I was growing up. Also, my other biggest challenge is: I was in car accident back in 1993. At that time, I had broken hip, fracture leg, broken pelvis, back injury, closed head injury, & broken ribs (Which, we didn't know, until 1995.)

What are some of your best memories? So many of them. If, I tell all of my best memories, will turn into a book, to read. One Thanksgiving. I was between 6-8. We're over at my grandparents house (On my dad's parents.) My mom made a dish for Thanksgiving meal. Pile in the car, My dad drove to his parents house. We got there, we went inside. Saying hello to my aunts, uncles, cousins, & grandparents. Played with my cousins & older sister. Then, it was time to eat. we ate our Thanksgiving food. Played some more. Then, it was time to go home. One of my best memories.

What is one of the things you like best about our LH board? That everyone is friendly, easy LH board, I love looking at people's avatars & signatures.

Were you shy or outgoing as a child? I was shy child. Still am.

What did you want to be when you were growing up, and did that pan out? To be a wife & a mother. I'm a adopt mother to my two animals. Still hoping, I will get married someday & have human children of my own, someday.

What was your first pet? A goldfish

Did you go to your prom? If so, what was the theme & style of the time? No, they didn't have a prom. I was home schooled after my car accident.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the Spotlight: Buttercup! 205803 It was so nice getting to know you better, Buttercup! I'm glad that you found our prairie, and decided to join the board.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Buttercup!   In the Spotlight: Buttercup! EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Great to know you better, Buttercup! My Mom's twin brother and his family were from Warren! I really like your pic, and your nieces' pic, and Leia the schnoodle. In the Spotlight: Buttercup! 702150
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Buttercup!   In the Spotlight: Buttercup! EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:20 pm

What are those last two pictures? You have strength Melissa, to pull thru all that. yes

In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Buttercup!   In the Spotlight: Buttercup! EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:21 pm

Nice to know more about you....Hang in there with your challenges...God is watching over you! Love your "Schnoodle!" loveheart

In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Rhonda10In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!

Last edited by Rhonda on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Buttercup!   In the Spotlight: Buttercup! EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 2:14 am

Nice to know you Melissa!!!

I love the puppy picture... grinsmiley

Leaves In the Spotlight: Buttercup! RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Buttercup!   In the Spotlight: Buttercup! EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 2:27 am

Thank you everyone.

@Alex The last two pics is my favorite band New kids on the block. The below that pic is my two favorite actors Mark Wahlberg & Donnie Wahlberg They are are brothers in real life. Have other siblings as well.

@Rob Thanks for liking the pictures.

@Rhonda I'm hanging in there. I know, God is watching over me. I know, she's adorable.

Also want make note: My other favorite scene is fall. Forgot put it in there.

@Ruth thank you for liking the dog picture She's 5 years. I think she;s 35 in dog years or higher.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Buttercup!   In the Spotlight: Buttercup! EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 3:04 am

Great to get to know you a little more Buttercup! Wave

In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Buttercup!   In the Spotlight: Buttercup! EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:17 am

Thanks for sharing a pic with us, Buttercup! Always nice to put a face with a name. Wink So nice getting to know you better. Your nieces are just darling, and so is your Schnoodle! Thumbsup I'm praying that you will be able to overcome the challenges you are facing.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Headac10

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Buttercup!   In the Spotlight: Buttercup! EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 4:07 pm

great to know you better Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Buttercup!   In the Spotlight: Buttercup! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 6:31 am

It's nice to get to know you better, Buttercup. What a small world, I grew up in Warren! We were living in Eastpointe (East Detroit) when I was born, but we moved to Warren when I was 2 and I lived there until I got married (my dad is still there). Now, we are living in Eastpointe.

In the Spotlight: Buttercup! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Buttercup!   In the Spotlight: Buttercup! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:51 am

pamh36 wrote:
It's nice to get to know you better, Buttercup. What a small world, I grew up in Warren! We were living in Eastpointe (East Detroit) when I was born, but we moved to Warren when I was 2 and I lived there until I got married (my dad is still there). Now, we are living in Eastpointe.

Oh, that's cool. When I was a bay we lived in Detroit. Then, we moved to Macomb County. We moved like 6 times. My older sister when she got married. Moved to Easpointe. I think, she's in Warren now.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Buttercup!   In the Spotlight: Buttercup! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:24 am

How nice to learn more about you, Buttercup. Your neices are adorable. What a cute dog. She looks very playful. May God continue to bless you and your family.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Buttercup!   In the Spotlight: Buttercup! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:15 am

stars

In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Buttercup!   In the Spotlight: Buttercup! EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Melissa, you are a great fighter and I admire you. You had had really great challenges in your life, but you always pulled to go ahead. I'm sure that once you'll find a nice guy, will marry and have children.

Loved your nieces! All three have so beatiful and fresh smiles...Does the elder ones practice ballet?

I also liked very much your dog and your fish. Your dog has a spunky face, LOL! greenS

Vanesa.

P.S: You are the only one who related to baby Grace. I liked her character , even if she didn't speak much.

In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Spotlight: Buttercup!   In the Spotlight: Buttercup! Empty

Back to top Go down

In the Spotlight: Buttercup!
Page 1 of 1