Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Let's disscuss Harriet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

Number of posts : 133

Let's disscuss Harriet Empty
PostSubject: Let's disscuss Harriet   Let's disscuss Harriet EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 10:45 pm

I've been talking about her all over the place, but let this be the ceneral place to talk about her!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Let's disscuss Harriet Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Let's disscuss Harriet   Let's disscuss Harriet EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:19 pm

Harrietfan wrote:
I've been talking about her all over the place, but let this be the ceneral place to talk about her!

We may began the thread, then. Smile

Vanesa.

Let's disscuss Harriet Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

PostSubject: Re: Let's disscuss Harriet   Let's disscuss Harriet EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:55 pm

Somthing I've always wanted to talk about is how different her life would be if she married Russel. I can not imagine her as a minister's wife.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: Let's disscuss Harriet   Let's disscuss Harriet EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 5:22 pm

I love Harriet! One of the best characters on the show, in my opinion. And I think her character teaches us a lot about ourselves. Who of us doesn't have just a bit of a Harriet inside of him/her? We may not express those nasty thoughts out loud, but I bet we all have them from time to time....and prejudices, and tendencies to gossip, etc. So the Harriet character gives us a chance to see just how nasty and hurtful some of that kind of thinking and/or behavior really is. Maybe she is a chance to evaluate ourselves and see if we need to get rid of some of that from our own lives. And yet we are also entertained even while we know she is often nasty.

As has been mentioned before, the other great thing about Harriet is that from time to time we see her more tender side.
Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

PostSubject: Re: Let's disscuss Harriet   Let's disscuss Harriet EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:40 pm

amyk wrote:
I love Harriet! One of the best characters on the show, in my opinion. And I think her character teaches us a lot about ourselves. Who of us doesn't have just a bit of a Harriet inside of him/her? We may not express those nasty thoughts out loud, but I bet we all have them from time to time....and prejudices, and tendencies to gossip, etc. So the Harriet character gives us a chance to see just how nasty and hurtful some of that kind of thinking and/or behavior really is. Maybe she is a chance to evaluate ourselves and see if we need to get rid of some of that from our own lives. And yet we are also entertained even while we know she is often nasty.

As has been mentioned before, the other great thing about Harriet is that from time to time we see her more tender side.
I agree we all have a bit of her in all of us, but I have a tendency to look at some friends of mine and point out their Harriet qualities. I know I shouldn't, but I do. I as well as other Harriet fans have mentioned the tender side wich I love. For those of you who have seen the Britcom Keeping Up Apperances, Don't Hyacinth and Richard remind you of Harriet and Nels? I would also love feedback on my two latest fanfics!
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Let's disscuss Harriet Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Let's disscuss Harriet   Let's disscuss Harriet EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 12:02 am

Yes. Harriet is very much like we are time to time and I think this is the reason because we love her, even if we understand that what she does is REALLY bad. The Ingallses are great people but they act "to correctly". The Oleson are close to a "normal" behavior, even if Harriet and Nellie tends to be a little mean and disgusting. Besides, Harriet - or Nellie - were not really bad, like Mr. Larabee. Sometimes, Harriet seemed to agree with Larabee, but when the moment to act would come, she wouldn't follow him...

We could also discuss the evolution of Harriet character in the show. She began being a really hard women, but in the last seasons she was almost adorable...and more ridicolous than mean! grinsmiley

Vanesa.

P.S: Harriet marrying Russell? Hmmm....Maybe. I can't imagine her marrying other than Nels scratchead But I think she could have made a great wife of a Minister. Maybe she became a little bitter for she cannot marry him?

Let's disscuss Harriet Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

PostSubject: Re: Let's disscuss Harriet   Let's disscuss Harriet EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 12:39 am

Vanesa wrote:
Yes. Harriet is very much like we are time to time and I think this is the reason because we love her, even if we understand that what she does is REALLY bad. The Ingallses are great people but they act "to correctly". The Oleson are close to a "normal" behavior, even if Harriet and Nellie tends to be a little mean and disgusting. Besides, Harriet - or Nellie - were not really bad, like Mr. Larabee. Sometimes, Harriet seemed to agree with Larabee, but when the moment to act would come, she wouldn't follow him...

We could also discuss the evolution of Harriet character in the show. She began being a really hard women, but in the last seasons she was almost adorable...and more ridicolous than mean! grinsmiley

Vanesa.

P.S: Harriet marrying Russell? Hmmm....Maybe. I can't imagine her marrying other than Nels scratchead But I think she could have made a great wife of a Minister. Maybe she became a little bitter for she cannot marry him?
When she goes along with Larabee w/ the anti Semetic remarks in the Craftsmam, she just acepted black people and yelled at Larabee the episode before. Thart's anoying! She does lose her harshness in the last seasons. I love that! I do think the broken engagment made her more bitter. I have a feeling that Harriet would have a hard time if Russel was at some country chuch not to look down at the farmers. She'd be polite to them in chuch, but gosip about them behind their backs. That's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's disscuss Harriet   Let's disscuss Harriet Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's disscuss Harriet
Page 1 of 1