HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37837
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:39 pm

I'M so sorry! Blue Least it shows you have nice caring friends.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13378
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:24 pm

Beckie, I'm sorry I missed this latest post....glad to hear the fundraiser went well, but sorry that your brother isn't doing well. I'm sure that was tough for him to have to leave early! I am praying for his strength! (((Hugs))) to you, Beckie....it has to be so hard to watch your brother go through this.No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5919
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:29 pm

Continued prayers Beckie.... Smiley Hug

It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Number of posts : 4810
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:50 pm

Thanks again everyone. He had a scan Friday. Results Monday! Let's hope and pray there was some improvement!

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5178
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:37 am

I'll be praying for him, my dear! pray

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:14 pm

Thank you so much!

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:07 pm

will do

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:50 am

I am very sad to announce that my brother's cancer has spread to his pancreas and he has two brain tumors. He said there is nothing they can do for pancreatic cancer. He came over yesterday and informed us they told him he has 6 to 8 months. He is such a brave man. I really admire and love him. This is very hard for me. I am so very broken hearted. :*( I did not think it was going to spread like it did. I had confidence that he was going to get better. He said that all the chemo and things they did to him made it spread. He explained how that happens. He feels that the cancer was not from smoking, but from working with asbestos and other hazardous materials from his work. He said he will possibly have seizures, could lose his sight, and or become paralyzed. OhMy bawling

He seems so strong and has come to terms with his situation. He said he is not afraid to die. He went to a funeral home to make arrangements. He is getting a Make A Wish trip to the Grand Canyon. He will be going on a narrated helicopter tour.

Part of me has a bit of denial, but I mostly know that it will not turn the way we wanted it to. I find myself crying often. Every time I hear a sad song I break down. I had to leave church early because they were singing a song that had me to upset. :*( I feel so horrible for his wife and 3 kids. He told his kids individually the situation. He also has a grand daughter that is a few months old. For a few days, he and his wife did not talk to anyone and wanted to be left alone, which is totally understandable. There are not enough words to explain how I feel. I ask that all of you pray for him and our families strength and that he does not suffer to much during his time. Please pray for a possible miracle. No matter what I have total faith in God that he will do what is best. Even if it's not what we want, he knows what to do. I want to thank everyone for your kinds thoughts, prayers, and friendship thus far. Love you guys. loveheart

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:55 pm

Blue bawling i'M so sorry to here about this sad news.Must not be easy. Smiley Hug loveheart

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:07 pm

Thanks Krissy. No it sure is not easy. :(

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:09 pm

You'r welcome.hope you will get to spend lots of time with him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5919
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:27 pm

So sorry to hear this Beckie. Make good memories and hold them close. They will get you through it all. Love and prayers.

It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 23099
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:58 pm

I am so sorry about this!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52511
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:07 pm

So sorry to hear about this, Beckie. We'll be praying. Where there's life, there's hope.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13378
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:45 pm

Oh Beckie, I am so terribly sorry. No My heart aches. I will definitely be praying, for your brother and for all of you. Please come here whenever you need to vent. Wish I could give you a 'real' hug....please know that we are here for you during this difficult time. I know you will treasure each day! (((HUGS)))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5254
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Beckie, I am so sorry that your brother's cancer has spread. I feel so sad for him and his family. He sounds like such a brave person. He will be in my prayers, as will you and your family. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Oh, Beckie!! I am so terribly sorry to hear this news. I can't imagine what a difficult time this is for all of you, and to me, the feeling of denial is normal. It is so much to bear. Your brother does sound like he is very brave. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers. {{{BECKIE}}}

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:39 pm

Thank you for all of your love and kind words. :*)

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19957
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:52 pm

Beckie, It has taken me all day to think of words to say, but I have none. I hate this disease and what it does to people and their families. Please know you are in my prayers and praying for comfort as you and your family deal with this. Blue

Sent you a PM.

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Number of posts : 9006
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:08 pm

Oh Beckie I am So So Sorry, I Know how you feel once the Doctors tell your brother there is nothing they can do is a Very Help Less feeling, My Heart Aches for you Smiley Hug I am only a PM away if you need anything

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:25 pm

Oh Beckie, I'm so very sorry. Please know that we're all here for you, and that we're praying. Your brother sounds like a very brave man, indeed. I'll be praying for strength, grace and continued courage for you and your family through this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:03 pm

Thanks once again for your kind words. I find myself crying off and on at different times.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner

Number of posts : 1234
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:54 pm

Beckie, Your brother is in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:15 pm

Thank you. :)

I find myself thinking often that I wish I could trade places with him. Blue

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 6164
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:18 pm

I'm so sorry Smiley Hug I'll be praying for your brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)   Today at 3:35 pm

Back to top Go down

Brother might have lung cancer.(The cancer has spread)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next