Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching? Empty
PostSubject: Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching?   Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching? EmptySat Apr 21, 2007 9:41 am

I watched "Back To School" this week (a great episode, BTW). I don't recall any explanation for why Mrs. Garvey quit teaching. I just remember Andy remarking to Albert or somebody else that he kind of liked having a new teacher so he wouldn't be seen as the teacher's pet. Does anybody know why Mrs. Garvey quit teaching, other than the writers needed to get the Wilders into the script somehow?

Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching? JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching?   Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2007 12:11 am

It doesn't say why she quit.
Betty
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching?   Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2007 7:50 am

I didn't think it did, but since Jonathan seemed to have a difficult time with her being post mistress, perhaps she only took the teaching position until a new teacher could be found.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching? Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching?   Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:16 pm

no idea...

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching?   Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:17 am

bethandmanly wrote:
I didn't think it did, but since Jonathan seemed to have a difficult time with her being post mistress, perhaps she only took the teaching position until a new teacher could be found.

Yes. I think she took the teaching position for they have no teacher in Walnut Grove after Mrs. Simms went away. She gave no reason for her "goodbye", but I don't think she wasa teacher for her own taste. I also suppose that Caroline could have taken de post, since she was a great teacher...but she have little grace and was not easy for her to leabe the baby behing in the house. Other possibility was Mrs. Oleson, but all of us already knows how a bad teacher she could be! laugh3

Vanesa.

Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching? Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching?   Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:58 am

Well, the other important reason is that we needed Eliza Jane to come to town so that Almanzo could show up, fall in love with Laura, and marry her. stars

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching?   Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Did Mrs. Garvey Quit Teaching?
Page 1 of 1