Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Little House Wedding Dresses

Go down 
+14
Honeybee
Krissy
littlehousefan200
Gin
Shell
Rhonda
Samantha
Harrietfan
Penny Century L
bethandmanly
alexczarn
Vanesa
Ruth
Carol
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Vote for your favorite Wedding Dress
Mary Ingalls
Little House Wedding Dresses Vote_lcap22%Little House Wedding Dresses Vote_rcap
 22% [ 4 ]
Nellie Oleson
Little House Wedding Dresses Vote_lcap6%Little House Wedding Dresses Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Laura Ingalls
Little House Wedding Dresses Vote_lcap6%Little House Wedding Dresses Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Rachel Brown
Little House Wedding Dresses Vote_lcap11%Little House Wedding Dresses Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Hester Sue Terhune
Little House Wedding Dresses Vote_lcap11%Little House Wedding Dresses Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Caroline Ingalls
Little House Wedding Dresses Vote_lcap44%Little House Wedding Dresses Vote_rcap
 44% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Little House Wedding Dresses Happy010

Little House Wedding Dresses Empty
PostSubject: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:57 pm

Any Little House fan should know that due to a shortage of time, the real Laura Ingalls’ wedding gown was actually a black cashmere dress! But today I’d like to take a look at the Little House on the Prairie wedding dresses shown on the 1970s tv show.

Let's take a look at the wedding dresses worn by the girls in LHOTP wedding

Here are some pics of the dresses. Which ones were your favorite? Vote for your TOP THREE favorites Thumbsup

Mary Ingalls
Little House Wedding Dresses Mary-ingalls-wedding-dress

Nellie Oleson
Little House Wedding Dresses Percival-and-nellie-oleson-wedding

Laura Ingalls
Little House Wedding Dresses Lhkiss Little House Wedding Dresses Little-house-costumes-on-display-close-up

Rachel Brown
Little House Wedding Dresses Willie-olesons-and-rachel-brown-wedding-little-house

Hester Sue Terhune
Little House Wedding Dresses Hester-sue-terhune-wedding-gown-little-house-costume

Caroline Ingalls
Little House Wedding Dresses Charles-and-caroline-ingalls-wedding-michael-landon-and-karen-grassle

(Idea for Post: http://www.edelweisspatterns.com/blog/?p=1223)

Little House Wedding Dresses Horses10
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : Little House Wedding Dresses Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 5:32 pm

Caroline's looks more like a nowadays wedding dress.I really like it!!!

Leaves Little House Wedding Dresses RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Little House Wedding Dresses Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:25 pm

I liked Rachel Brown's one... Smile

Vanesa.

Little House Wedding Dresses Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Rachel Brown's for me. Thumbsup

Little House Wedding Dresses Alexke11
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:23 am

alexczarn wrote:

If Rachel didn't have those flowers poking out of the top of her head like she was trying to signal Mars, I might have been okay with it. She just seems so small and lost in that dress.

Do you think Percival just realized who his mother-in-law was going to be in that picture?
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Penny Century L
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Penny Century L

Number of posts : 22
Mood : Little House Wedding Dresses Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:12 am

For me it's Caroline Ingalls!!!!! loveheart
Back to top Go down
http://sendoquemsou.tumblr.com/
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:41 pm

Caroline's
Back to top Go down
Samantha
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Samantha

Number of posts : 199
Mood : Little House Wedding Dresses Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 12:36 am

Well, since I am "keeper" of Mary's Wedding dress, it should be obvious what my choice is! I wore blue at my wedding too. ;-)

Little House Wedding Dresses SamanthaKeeper

"Music is a Kind and Truthful Speech"
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Little House Wedding Dresses Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 8:20 am

bethandmanly wrote:
Do you think Percival just realized who his mother-in-law was going to be in that picture?

Cheryl, to me, it looks like he is thinking, "Bring it on Mrs. O...I'm always up for a challenge." HeeHee

Little House Wedding Dresses Rhonda10Little House Wedding Dresses Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 11:14 pm

Caroline's dress is the prettiest one. Rachel's dress was okay. Charles looked like he was going to bust out laughing during the wedding. I wish they would have shown the whole wedding. I wander what Charles was thinking. I can't believe how fast Hester Sue forgave Sam and agreed to marry him again.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Little House Wedding Dresses Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:00 pm

I liked Mary's the best. Rachel's was pretty but she sure looked short in it for some reason.

Little House Wedding Dresses Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:23 pm

I thought this was interesting.....Ma's dress was blue, the one she loaned Mary.......Laura was actually married in a black dress, as she had not yet finished making her wedding dress..... Thumbsup

Today, Western wedding dresses are usually white though "wedding white" includes shades such as eggshell, ecru and ivory. Lowering wedding costs by selecting a second hand wedding dress rather than purchasing a new one is a growing trend.

Mary, Queen of Scots, wore a white wedding gown in 1559 when she married her first husband, Francis Dauphin of France because it was her favorite color, although white was then the color of mourning for French Queens. The first documented instance of a princess who wore a white wedding gown for a royal wedding ceremony is that of Philippa of England, who wore a tunic with a cloak in white silk bordered with grey squirrel and ermine) in 1406.

White did not become a popular option until 1840, after the marriage of Queen Victoria to Albert of Saxe-Coburg. Victoria wore a white gown for the event to incorporate some lace she prized. The official wedding portrait photograph was widely published, and many other brides opted for white in accordance with the Queen's choice.

The tradition continues today in the form of a white wedding, though prior to the Victorian era, a bride was married in any color, black being especially popular in Scandinavia. Later, many people assumed that the color white was intended to symbolize virginity, though this was not the original intention. (It was the color blue that was connected to purity.) The white gown is in fact a symbolic Christening gown. They are a variation of the white surplice worn in the Western Catholic tradition by members of the clergy, church choirs and servers and the gowns worn by girls making their first communion and at their confirmation and also by women making religious vows. Jews have gone to great lengths to follow these Western (Judeo-Christian) customs, whilst adhering to the laws of Tzniut. Today, the white dress is understood merely as the most traditional and popular choice for weddings.

Little House Wedding Dresses Rhonda10Little House Wedding Dresses Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:25 pm

That's very interesting, and that white was a mourning colour. Huh?

Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

Number of posts : 6161
Mood : Little House Wedding Dresses Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:22 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
alexczarn wrote:

If Rachel didn't have those flowers poking out of the top of her head like she was trying to signal Mars, I might have been okay with it. She just seems so small and lost in that dress.

laugh3 I liked Rachel Brown's...but now, after reading what you said looking at the picture again, I think it's
Caroline's for me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Little House Wedding Dresses Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:45 pm

Caroline Ingalls Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:25 pm

littlehousefan200 wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:
alexczarn wrote:

laugh3 I liked Rachel Brown's...but now, after reading what you said looking at the picture again, I think it's

Oh no...I just lost a fellow fan of Rachel's dress... No HeeHee

Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:34 pm

alexczarn wrote:
littlehousefan200 wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:
alexczarn wrote:

HeeHee The "flowers signaling Mars" made me laugh though, and I have to admit....those flowers do look a little funny...no offense Alex. greenS
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:42 pm

littlehousefan200 wrote:
alexczarn wrote:
littlehousefan200 wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:
alexczarn wrote:

HeeHee The "flowers signaling Mars" made me laugh though, and I have to admit....those flowers do look a little funny...no offense Alex. greenS

Little House Wedding Dresses Angrys60

I don't see no problem with the flowers.

HeeHee

Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:47 pm

alexczarn wrote:
littlehousefan200 wrote:
alexczarn wrote:
littlehousefan200 wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:
alexczarn wrote:

Little House Wedding Dresses Scared0016 It's the scowly face!

HeeHee Wink

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:49 pm

littlehousefan200 wrote:
alexczarn wrote:
littlehousefan200 wrote:
alexczarn wrote:
littlehousefan200 wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:
alexczarn wrote:

Little House Wedding Dresses Scared0016 It's the scowly face!

HeeHee Wink

Whistle

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Caroline Ingalls. I also like Hester Sue wedding dress as well. It was hard to choose from. So, I voted for Caroline Ingalls. I do love Hester Sue's hat.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Pepsi
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Pepsi

Number of posts : 66

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Hester Sue's, hands down.

I remember the time I knew what happiness was...let the memory live again.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 11:42 pm

I like Rachel Brown's dress better, followed by Caroline's and Hester Sue's ones...Laura's one doesn't seems a weeding dress, nor Mary's...and Nellie's pink thing is simply awful...with that BIG bow over her curls! Yikes

Vanesa.

Little House Wedding Dresses Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 1:23 am

Vanesa wrote:
I like Rachel Brown's dress better, followed by Caroline's and Hester Sue's ones...Laura's one doesn't seems a weeding dress, nor Mary's...and Nellie's pink thing is simply awful...with that BIG bow over her curls! Yikes

Vanesa.

Yes indeed...what is that thing?!

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Someone gathered all the pics together...white was not a popular thing back then it seems:

http://www.edelweisspatterns.com/blog/?p=1223
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little House Wedding Dresses   Little House Wedding Dresses Empty

Back to top Go down

Little House Wedding Dresses
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next