Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Go down 
+15
susansmoose
Farmer Girl
georgiagirl1993
Vanesa
Lily
emilyanneoftheprairie
ChristinaAL
Amy
RoseRed
HarrisonCrosby4387
Rob
LHDaisy
Savannah
Carol
Rhonda
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : Quote - Page 6 Purple2

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:10 am

Thanks Amy.....some are repeats when I see them and I try not to repost them....I mostly post the ones that really have good meaning to them....others, I skip..... batEyes

Quote - Page 6 Rhonda10Quote - Page 6 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Quote - Page 6 Bokmal10

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:36 pm

What a true thing! And I can add that the more people we embrace, the more high we'll be flying....

Vane.

Quote - Page 6 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:08 pm

June 29, 2011 scratchead

Quote of the Day

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity."
– Amelia Earhart

About Amelia Earhart
Amelia Earhart, who was born in 1897 in Kansas, became the first person to fly solo across the Pacific Ocean and gained renown as a woman in a field dominated by men. Earhart worked as a nurse's aide during World War I and learned to fly after moving to Los Angeles in 1919. She first became famous as one of a crew of three to fly across the Atlantic in 1928, but her best-known flight was her last. As she was attempting to fly around the world in 1937, her plane disappeared over the Pacific Ocean and was never found.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:01 am

Rhonda wrote:
June 29, 2011 scratchead

Quote of the Day

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity."
– Amelia Earhart

About Amelia Earhart
Amelia Earhart, who was born in 1897 in Kansas, became the first person to fly solo across the Pacific Ocean and gained renown as a woman in a field dominated by men. Earhart worked as a nurse's aide during World War I and learned to fly after moving to Los Angeles in 1919. She first became famous as one of a crew of three to fly across the Atlantic in 1928, but her best-known flight was her last. As she was attempting to fly around the world in 1937, her plane disappeared over the Pacific Ocean and was never found.

I love this quote. It's absolutely TRUE.

Vanesa. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Quote - Page 6 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:44 am

June 30, 2011 scratchead

Quote of the Day

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
– Albert Einstein

About Albert Einstein
The brilliant physicist Albert Einstein became an international icon for his groundbreaking theory of relativity. He was born in Germany in 1879 and began his seminal work while at the Swiss Patent Office. He later fled the Nazi regime, moving to the United States to teach at Princeton. In 1921, he won the Nobel Prize. He declined Israel's invitation to become its president, saying he lacked the necessary people skills. He died in 1955.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:41 pm

July 12, 2011

Quote of the Day

"Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits." Bliss
– Thomas A. Edison

About Thomas A. Edison

Thomas Edison, the American inventor who made his early fortune with the stock ticker and the phonograph record, is credited with inventing the light bulb — although he simply improved upon the original idea by making the bulb burn longer. Edison was born in 1847 in Ohio. He was a dreamer in school; his teacher called him "addled," and his mother taught him at home. He used the money from his inventions to set up a lab with a number of employees; he held a record 1,093 patents in his name. He died in 1931.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:16 am

July 13, 2011
Quote of the Day
Thumbsup

"Courage is very important. Like a muscle, it is strengthened by use."
– Ruth Gordon

About Ruth Gordon

American actress Ruth Gordon is best known for her roles in Harold and Maude and Rosemary's Baby. She was born in Massachusetts in 1896. At age 19, she moved to New York to pursue acting; she performed in plays for the next 20 years. She and her first husband, Garson Kanin, wrote five film scripts for Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy, including Adam's Rib, which was based on the writers' own marriage. She died in 1985.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:57 am

July 15, 2011
Quote of the Day

"We cannot swing up on a rope that is attached only to our own belt."
– William Ernest Hocking

About William Ernest Hocking

William Ernest Hocking, the idealist American philosopher, wrote 17 books, mostly on the philosophy of religion in modern life, and taught philosophy at Harvard for 29 years. He was born in 1873 in Cleveland to devout parents of modest means, and it took him ten years to finish college while working. In his books, he explored mysticism and the nature of God as well as the conflict in the Middle East. He died in 1966.

Quote - Page 6 7_2_112

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : Quote - Page 6 Goodsi10

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Rhonda wrote:
"We cannot swing up on a rope that is attached only to our own belt."

"...unless we want to walk funny the next day." Quote - Page 6 68167
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:06 am

July 19, 2011
Quote of the Day
Quote - Page 6 7_3_202

"Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish."
– Ovid

About Ovid

"Publius Ovidius Naso, the Roman poet known as Ovid, best known for the epic Metamorphoses, is considered one of the greatest poets of Latin literature. He was born in 43 B.C. in what is now Italy. He rose quickly in Roman government and was on track to become a senator when he chose to devote himself to poetry instead. His tale of Pyramus and Thisbe is the source for Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Emperor Augustus exiled Ovid from Rome for unknown reasons in 8 A.D.; he died in exile in 17 A.D. "

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 12:34 pm

July 20, 2011
Quote of the Day
grinsmiley

"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be."
– Groucho Marx

About Groucho Marx

Julius Henry "Groucho" Marx was the wisecracking central figure of the Marx Brothers comedy team, waggling his eyebrows in movies like Duck Soup and A Night at the Opera. He was born in New York in 1890. His mother organized the family into a vaudeville act, which didn't become successful until Groucho began ad-libbing jokes and insults. In the forties and fifties, he hosted the wildly successful radio and TV quiz show You Bet Your Life. He died in 1977.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 12:05 pm

July 26, 2011 Thumbsup

Quote of the Day

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens."
– Carl Jung

About Carl Jung

Carl Jung, the Swiss psychiatrist who originated such well-known psychological concepts as the archetype and the collective unconscious, has provided inspiration to people ranging from Joseph Campbell to Bill Wilson, the founder of Alcoholics Anonymous. He was born in 1875 in a small town; he studied with Sigmund Freud before parting ways due to the radical difference in their views of human nature. Jung is considered second only to Freud in his influence on modern psychology, particularly in the area of dream analysis. He died in 1961.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 6:07 pm

Great quote! I think that the good thing is to watch inside and outside one self. It gives you a greater perspective of things... scratchead

Vanesa.

Quote - Page 6 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:21 pm

August 01, 2011
Quote of the Day

"Failure seldom stops you. What stops you is the fear of failure." Huh?
– Jack Lemmon

About Jack Lemmon

Jack Lemmon is best known for the poignant sweetness he brought to comedic roles in movies like Some Like It Hot and The Apartment, but is also remembered for his dramatic roles, including the struggling alcoholic in Days of Wine and Roses. He was born in 1925 into a wealthy Boston family and knew by the age of four that he wanted to become an actor. He won two Academy Awards and was known for his collaborations with director Billy Wilder and costar Walter Matthau. He died in 2001.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:29 am

Rhonda wrote:
August 01, 2011
Quote of the Day

"Failure seldom stops you. What stops you is the fear of failure." Huh?
– Jack Lemmon

About Jack Lemmon

Jack Lemmon is best known for the poignant sweetness he brought to comedic roles in movies like Some Like It Hot and The Apartment, but is also remembered for his dramatic roles, including the struggling alcoholic in Days of Wine and Roses. He was born in 1925 into a wealthy Boston family and knew by the age of four that he wanted to become an actor. He won two Academy Awards and was known for his collaborations with director Billy Wilder and costar Walter Matthau. He died in 2001.

Great quote as ever, Rhonda! And I like Jack Lemon performances as actor very much. I used to laugh a great deal watching the movies in which he worked with Walter Matthau as costar. He also did a great dramatic role in "Missing" playing the father of a missing american in Chile's dictature. bawling

Vanesa.

Quote - Page 6 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:07 pm

August 02, 2011
Quote of the Day
Thumbsup

"I have an irrepressible desire to live till I can be assured that the world is a little better for my having lived in it."
– Abraham Lincoln

About Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln, the American president remembered as Honest Abe, is renowned for his strong leadership during the Civil War and for ending slavery in the United States. He was born in a Kentucky cabin in 1809. He taught himself law and passed the Illinois bar in 1837, the same year he first spoke out against slavery. The Southern states seceded in response to his election to the presidency in 1860. Lincoln was assassinated in 1865, mere days after General Robert E. Lee surrendered to end the war.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Rhonda wrote:
August 02, 2011
Quote of the Day
Thumbsup

"I have an irrepressible desire to live till I can be assured that the world is a little better for my having lived in it."
– Abraham Lincoln

About Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln, the American president remembered as Honest Abe, is renowned for his strong leadership during the Civil War and for ending slavery in the United States. He was born in a Kentucky cabin in 1809. He taught himself law and passed the Illinois bar in 1837, the same year he first spoke out against slavery. The Southern states seceded in response to his election to the presidency in 1860. Lincoln was assassinated in 1865, mere days after General Robert E. Lee surrendered to end the war.

As far as I know, Charles INgalls was not an Abraham Lincoln supporter? Wasn't he? scratchead

Vanesa.

Quote - Page 6 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:02 pm

I do not know Vanesa.....rumor has it that Abe Lincoln is a relative on my dad's side of the family....still doing some ancestry checks to find out for sure...related to Abe through Mary Todd Lincoln, his wife....We used to have a member on the forum........a L-O-N-G time ago, who would come on and talk about Charles being an Indian hater....I don't know where he got that information, so not sure about the Abe Lincoln info either. scratchead

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:24 pm

August 08, 2011
Quote of the Day
Thumbsup

"When you encounter difficulties and contradictions, do not try to break them, but bend them with gentleness and time."
– St. Francis de Sales

About St. Francis de SalesSt. Francis de Sales (1567–1622), known as the Gentle Saint, was bishop of Geneva. His motto was, "He who preaches with love preaches effectively," and his religious texts, including Introduction to the Devout Life, have resonated with many non-Catholics. Pope Pius IX proclaimed him a patron saint of writers. Some consider him a patron saint of the deaf; he invented a form of sign language to teach a young deaf man how to communicate.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:08 am

August 14, 2011 Quote - Page 6 17_1_35

Quote of the Day

"The Noah rule: Predicting rain doesn't count; building arks does."
– Warren Buffett

About Warren Buffett

Warren Buffett, the legendary American financier known as the Oracle of Omaha, is the world's richest man. He was born in Nebraska in 1930. As a youngster, he sold six-packs of Coke for a profit and first invested in the stock market at age 11. His first limited partnership reaped dividends up to 30 percent. He follows the simple but powerful principle that you should learn about the intrinsic value of a company before you invest. He is now the CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, a diversified holding company.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:15 pm

Rhonda wrote:
August 14, 2011 Quote - Page 6 17_1_35

Quote of the Day

"The Noah rule: Predicting rain doesn't count; building arks does."
– Warren Buffett

About Warren Buffett

Warren Buffett, the legendary American financier known as the Oracle of Omaha, is the world's richest man. He was born in Nebraska in 1930. As a youngster, he sold six-packs of Coke for a profit and first invested in the stock market at age 11. His first limited partnership reaped dividends up to 30 percent. He follows the simple but powerful principle that you should learn about the intrinsic value of a company before you invest. He is now the CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, a diversified holding company.

Wow! What an interesting life Warren Buffet lived! And I didn't even know him! OhMy

Vanesa.

Quote - Page 6 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:49 am

August 15, 2011

Quote of the Day Quote - Page 6 23_29_109

"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time."
– Winston Churchill

About Winston Churchill

Sir Winston Churchill was an extraordinary British prime minister; he laid the groundwork for welfare in England, helped set the boundaries in the Middle East, became a symbol of the resistance against the Nazis in Europe, and was a central force in the Allied victory in World War II. He was born in 1874 near Oxford. He was known for his courage, his stubbornness, and his powerful personality. He was also an accomplished painter and writer. He died in 1965.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Rhonda wrote:
I do not know Vanesa.....rumor has it that Abe Lincoln is a relative on my dad's side of the family....still doing some ancestry checks to find out for sure...related to Abe through Mary Todd Lincoln, his wife....We used to have a member on the forum........a L-O-N-G time ago, who would come on and talk about Charles being an Indian hater....I don't know where he got that information, so not sure about the Abe Lincoln info either. scratchead

Do you tried thewww.familysearch.com engine to find out if you are related to Abe's Lincoln? Try it! It's great. I'e found a lot about my own family there. They have a lot of amazing records!!! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Quote - Page 6 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:09 pm

Thanks Vanesa....I have an aunt that is doing research and my Gramps had done some research before he passed away years ago....It would be interesting to know.... Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 12:08 pm

September 17, 2011
Quote of the Day

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face." Thumbsup
– Eleanor Roosevelt

About Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt, wife of president Franklin Delano Roosevelt, was a powerful political figure in her own right, crusading tirelessly for humanist causes. She was born in New York in 1884 and was orphaned young. After Franklin was struck by polio, she acted as his eyes and ears. She was central to the creation of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which she considered her crowning achievement, and wrote numerous essays, including a long-running column called "My Day." She died in 1962.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quote - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quote   Quote - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next