HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Greenfield Village

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 3349
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:30 pm

@ Amy, If, I can remember correctly. Started out nice, when we go there. But, by the end of the day. The sky, turn green, We're in the hat shop. The weather was getting nastier. It was pouring. We waited until the rain lit up. Then, we went to the gift shop. Start poring again Wind starts picking up. Not sure, if tornado touch in Greenfield Village. I think, it pass by us. They told the guest. stay away from the window. So, I couldn't tell if, the tornado touch or not.

I hope, it's okay, I can post some of my Greenfield Village on here. Since, I went their today.

Well, we're suppose go to Henry Ford museum. To see Titanic exhibit, with my two nieces. But, they had already had plans today. On their dad side. So, yesterday. My mom mention, the movies. I was like, I want do something different, on Saturday. So, we went to Greenfield Village. We got there late. We got discount from our health insurance. So, that was good. We went to Eagle Tavern for lunch. I had the Roast Beef, with season vegetables. I tried zucchini. Not my favorite. I had dinner roll & blueberry muffin. For dessert Blueberry tart. It was huge. After the restaurant. I was talking to the lady Who work there. (She's the greeter.) We got talking. She like my Schnauzer purse. Then, a mom & dad, with their 6 kids. 3 kids in train wagon. Turns out, the mother is old friend of mine. I met her, during homeschooling When I was in 11th grade. I haven't seen her, in ages. We got to talking. God, was telling me, something. That was it. Seeing an old friend, for long time.

We did have fun. We went to school. Usually, you they have it lock up. Only look through. Some houses. Didn't go to Firestone farmhouse. One of my favorites to look through Maybe some other time.

Now, the pictures. Their just a few.

This is T-Model skit. (behind the school.) I got their in the middle of the skit.

Pic 1. (Lady dancing)

Pic 2. (Lady & man singing)

Pic 3. (The skit players singing.)

Pic 4. Men singing (cute guy in the middle.)

Pic 5. (Pretending to drive T-Model car.)

Took picture of dinning room. (close up) & pitcher. I think, it was the Robert Frost house or different house.

Pic 1. Dinning Room. (close up)

Pic 2. (Pitcher)

Took this picture, when going to gift shop. But, we stop to look at Wright Brothers house, Wright Cycle shop, Main Street Emporium & Cohen Millinery.
(Ignore the guy with his arm. I do not know him. Somehow, parts of his body was in my picture.)

Went into the Cohen Millinery (hat shop.) Took two pictures.

Pic 1. (two hats)

Pic 2. (hat.)

Yes, I enjoy my day. It was hot outside. Not 90's. I did put sunscreen on. We did went in the shade few times.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52511
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:55 am

Nice pics, Melissa! Glad you had fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler

Number of posts : 895
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:40 pm

Great pictures!

I'm planning on taking a major detour there next year (I have all my plans set and reservations made for the 150th of Gettysburg). I've heard about this place since I was a kid because my family went a few years before I was born. But I saw the Michigan commercial that featured it all about 3 times last year. And ever since I saw it I have been obsessing over going there. So now seeing these pictures, I am looking even more forward to it!

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 3349
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Thank you, Rob & Miss Olsen. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13378
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Whoops, I can't believe I missed this, Melissa! thud Sorry about that!

I am glad you had so much fun there this summer! Seeing all these pictures makes me want to go back again. Fall is my favorite time of year to go, so I have been pining away for it. Love

Thanks for sharing! And Miss Oleson, I do hope you will be able to visit next year! You won't be sorry, I'm sure of it. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:02 pm

I went back to Greenfield Village over the weekend to celebrate my friend's birthday! They were 'half' decorated for Christmas....so beautiful! It was a gorgeous sunny day...slightly chilly but no wind, and 52 degrees! Perfect. loveheart

Me going into the General Store....this store really reminds me of the one in Anne of Green Gables. Love

The Eagle Tavern 'dressed' for Christmas. loveheart

LOVE eating in the Eagle Tavern, right in front of the fireplace! Thumbsup I had pork loin (fresh from their farm on site) and sauerkraut. Yum!

I keep thinking I'm going to get tired of this place at some point, but it just seems to become even more charming every time. Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 23099
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:34 pm

It actually intrigues me, this place!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Number of posts : 9006
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:04 am

In what town is the Greenfield Village? I might have to go there on my next trip to the Island

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:05 am

Alex, it is intriguing. Thumbsup I can't get enough of it!

Jacob, it is located in "Dearborn", which is near Detroit. You would love it, I know!

I had to share this. This is a picture of President Obama sitting on the Rosa Parks bus, which sits in the Henry Ford Museum (which is part of Greenfield Village). I sat on this bus a couple of years ago and talk about a moving experience. I can't imagine how the president must have felt, sitting there. What a powerful picture!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37837
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:41 am

cool pics.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52511
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Mimi wrote:
I sat on this bus a couple of years ago and talk about a moving experience.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 23099
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Rob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I sat on this bus a couple of years ago and talk about a moving experience.

Laughing

Hey Amy, maybe you could take me there next summer?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:29 pm

Oh my gosh Rob, how did I not 'get' that when I wrote it! Laughing

Alex, it would be a great place to visit! I've always said it would be fun if all the Michiganders (and anyone else) could meet up there. Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greenfield Village   Today at 9:08 am

Back to top Go down

Greenfield Village
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2